hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    During the time of the Loyalty Scheme away crowds were perhaps not as high as what we might have felt reasonable to expect, so as a result of that, it is fair to argue that very few missed out getting tickets for games they wanted.
    This season though could/should see us as title favourites, and with larger home crowds, a high profile manager, a team at top of table playing enjoyable football, and with that, larger travelling crowds should be evident. Falkirk away for season opener an example of that, and an attendance-based loyalty scheme would be benifitial to ensure fair distribution.
    The Away ST caters for those who go to every game, and quite rightly, they will be first to get their tickets away from home. To put in place a scheme that caters for only a couple of hundred to replace a scheme that catered for a couple of thousand has been a backwards step.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The bit in bold M59, why should it ? I buy a season ticket to ensure I have a seat for every home game and more importantly help the club out for the forthcoming season by paying them the money up front. If someone goes to all or at least the majority of away games surely that should give them preference when it comes to high demand games over someone who hasn't been to an away game all season ?
    I don't see why Hibs should prioritise anyone who goes to away games over those who have helped Hibs out by giving them money up front for a season ticket. Season tickets are the lifeblood of the club's finances, so these people deserve to be the priority.

I suspect that those who go to most or all of the away games would be season ticket holders anyway, so that means that they would be covered by the priority given to season ticket holders.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I don't see why Hibs should prioritise anyone who goes to away games over those who have helped Hibs out by giving them money up front for a season ticket. Season tickets are the lifeblood of the club's finances, so these people deserve to be the priority.

I suspect that those who go to most or all of the away games would be season ticket holders anyway, so that means that they would be covered by the priority given to season ticket holders.
    10,000+ ST holder's now. You don't think those who travel most should get priority?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Utter drivel......

It was to reward loyalty
    Really? What "reward" did you get other than having a higher number of points than anyone else, and the warm fuzzy feeling that gave you?

Before the loyalty points system, people like you never missed out on tickets for games.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    Really? What "reward" did you get other than having a higher number of points than anyone else, and the warm fuzzy feeling that gave you?

Before the loyalty points system, people like you never missed out on tickets for games.
    "people like me"?

I'm out, can't be bothered arguing for sake of it......

Testimonial Due
    "people like me"?

I'm out, can't be bothered arguing for sake of it......
    To clarify, I meant people like you i.e. people who go to every game. Thought that was pretty obvious.

10,000+ ST holder's now. You don't think those who travel most should get priority?
    Season tickets should always come first, but there then needs to be a way to reward those season ticket holders who travel most ahead of those who only take in the occasional away game. The new system doesn't do that, it only commits you to giving your money to other clubs (not a penny for Hibs) and if you don't have the away ticket then you have to take your chances with 10,000 other season ticket holders.

The loyalty scheme addressed that problem by giving points for a season ticket and for attending away games, so those who attended most away games took priority over those who attended very few or none.

I've already posted how the scheme should have been fine tuned -

It should have been 225 points for an early bird season ticket, 210 points for a normal season ticket, 100 points for nine game half season or ten points for each home game attended, with five points for each away game. That would have given priority to season ticket holders, recognised those who pay at the gate regularly and ensured that Hibs were the ones getting the money.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Season tickets should always come first, but there then needs to be a way to reward those season ticket holders who travel most ahead of those who only take in the occasional away game. The new system doesn't do that, it only commits you to giving your money to other clubs (not a penny for Hibs) and if you don't have the away ticket then you have to take your chances with 10,000 other season ticket holders.

The loyalty scheme addressed that problem by giving points for a season ticket and for attending away games, so those who attended most away games took priority over those who attended very few or none.

I've already posted how the scheme should have been fine tuned -
    Apologies, didn't read properly

Apologies, didn't read properly
    I posted that several pages ago, so it was easily missed.

Left by mutual consent! Col_0762's Avatar
    I get what you're saying, and I go every week, but the priority isn't needed:

Ayr - more than enough tickets
    Dumbarton - two public sales last season, clearly enough
    Dundee Utd - more than enough tickets
    Dunfermline - more than enough tickets
    Falkirk - first game of the season always draws a larger support but I would hazard a guess that everyone who normally goes will have a ticket, happy to be proved wrong though.
    Morton - more than enough tickets
    QOS - more than enough tickets
    Raith - more than enough tickets, you can always get a ticket at pod over there.
    St Mirren - more than enough tickets.

Once promoted, you know yourself all grounds are big enough to house our away support. Ibrox and Celtic Park are rarely sold out, Tynie is not even a given nowadays, that may go back to normal if our record against them keeps holding up like lately, but again, all who normally go will get a ticket. The vast majority of season ticket holders don't travel. There's a hardcore of 300-500 who go every week. That number swells depending on how the team are playing and people who fancy getting to a game if have the day off work and no family committments/other plans etc.

The original plan should have been stuck to, rewarding walk ups to ER and having them the step below ST's for ensuring Cup Final tickets etc and any other games where ST's don't sell out a ticket allocation, it would let them in ahead of the general sale.

The away season ticket is a great idea, if your travelling support is big enough that not everyone can get a ticket. That isn't a problem with us.

I know it gives piece of mind for certain people knowing their ticket is bought in advance and means not taking 15 mins out their day to buy a ticket, but that's the only reason I can see for it. Unless you're getting the best seats in the house as well, but it's almost always sit where you want anyway, due to there being that many spare seats.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_0762 View Post

Falkirk - first game of the season always draws a larger support but I would hazard a guess that everyone who normally goes will have a ticket, happy to be proved wrong though.
    Raith - more than enough tickets, you can always get a ticket at pod over there.

Once promoted, you know yourself all grounds are big enough to house our away support. Ibrox and Celtic Park are rarely sold out, Tynie is not even a given nowadays, that may go back to normal if our record against them keeps holding up like lately, but again, all who normally go will get a ticket. The vast majority of season ticket holders don't travel. There's a hardcore of 300-500 who go every week. That number swells depending on how the team are playing and people who fancy getting to a game if have the day off work and no family committments/other plans etc.

The original plan should have been stuck to, rewarding walk ups to ER and having them the step below ST's for ensuring Cup Final tickets etc and any other games where ST's don't sell out a ticket allocation, it would let them in ahead of the general sale.

The away season ticket is a great idea, if your travelling support is big enough that not everyone can get a ticket. That isn't a problem with us.

I know it gives piece of mind for certain people knowing their ticket is bought in advance and means not taking 15 mins out their day to buy a ticket, but that's the only reason I can see for it. Unless you're getting the best seats in the house as well, but it's almost always sit where you want anyway, due to there being that many spare seats.

You get less tickets at st mirren than you do at Falkirk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    When has it sold out before? You buy through there from their hole in the wall.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Distance is also a factor obviously

Sensible post alert!!!! Agree 👍

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar

Not disagreeing with a word of that. I'd made the point in a previous post that season ticket holders were (and rightly so) given loyalty points to take into consideration the fact they had paid up front. It was a given that those who had amassed the most loyalty points were season ticket holders anyway. My issue is that by scrapping the scheme you can have someone who goes to the majority of games but cannot commit to the away ticket missing out over someone who chooses to go to one away game all season.

Haven't read every post on the thread & this may already have been raised, few people saying don't think fans should worry cos they always get tickets for games one way or another & when was the last time you couldn't get a ticket, I don't care if it has never happened but the point is that it could happen it's a possibility , therefore the system is flawed & fans that go to most games but not all games are not being shown the same loyalty by the club that they show in their support of the team , think hibs have made a right mess o this , really cannot understand how anybody can argue with a loyalty system it's simple & most importantly fair

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythefish View Post
    Haven't read every post on the thread & this may already have been raised, few people saying don't think fans should worry cos they always get tickets for games one way or another & when was the last time you couldn't get a ticket, I don't care if it has never happened but the point is that it could happen it's a possibility , therefore the system is flawed & fans that go to most games but not all games are not being shown the same loyalty by the club that they show in their support of the team , think hibs have made a right mess o this , really cannot understand how anybody can argue with a loyalty system it's simple & most importantly fair
    How do Hibs reward the lotalty of those who PATG away from home? As roughly 75%-80% of games will have a cash gate or ticket pod and no ticket will either be available through Hibs or indeed required. My opinion? I don't think they can and therefore all schemes regarding loyalty for away games will be flawed and will cause arguments and fall outs.

How do Hibs reward the lotalty of those who PATG away from home? As roughly 75%-80% of games will have a cash gate or ticket pod and no ticket will either be available through Hibs or indeed required. My opinion? I don't think they can and therefore all schemes regarding loyalty for away games will be flawed and will cause arguments and fall outs.
    Hibs sold tickets in advance of away fixtures for nearly every game last year. So it wasn't really flawed in that sense. If you wanted the loyalty points you just bought from them.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Hibs sold tickets in advance of away fixtures for nearly every game last year. So it wasn't really flawed in that sense. If you wanted the loyalty points you just bought from them.
    Yeah I know, but this season they won't be. I've said earlier in the thread that I believe any lotalty scheme needs to reward points only for attendance away from home. 1 point per game, cover only the previous 10 games and no one can go over 10 points. You stagger sales depending on size of allocation. Those who go every week will remain on 10 after the first ten games of the season. Those who go regularly will always be around the 6/7/8 mark. But we would really need every game to have tickets available for that to work.

But I also believe nothing was really needed before all this started two years ago. It always worked fine with Season Tickets having priority, then a public sale. Only in my opinion obviously but it's clear some don't think it did. I'm not really fussed either way, just fancied a wee debate, nowt on the telly lol.