hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't see the fuss. If you go every week then get one.
    If you don't go every week you will almost certainly still be able to attend just about any game you choose.
    Plus it's only 350, not a huge number by any means

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    But......................if you sign up for one now, you can't get a ticket for the Falkirk match

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    But......................if you sign up for one now, you can't get a ticket for the Falkirk match
    How long did you expect hibs to hold back Falkirk tickets?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I must be ready for the loony bin then
    Me too see you there BF. We can be room mates lol

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    How long did you expect hibs to hold back Falkirk tickets?
    I didn't have any expectations at all.

I didn't have any expectations at all.
    So what was so funny about it?

When your scouse anything is funny 😳🤔

Really mate?

The whole thing about buying an away season ticket is that you are not allowed to opt out of any games, you must commit to every single one or you cannot purchase the ticket. Then boom you can't get a ticket for Falkirk

Quote Originally Posted by Finn2015 View Post
    When your scouse anything is funny 😳🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    How many games over those 10 years did you miss when you wanted a ticket but couldn't get one?
    Whats that to you?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Really mate?

The whole thing about buying an away season ticket is that you are not allowed to opt out of any games, you must commit to every single one or you cannot purchase the ticket. Then boom you can't get a ticket for Falkirk
    They wont be charged for the Falkirk game though will they.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    It was entirely about individuals looking out for themselves. The very small number of people who go to every game wanting that status protected rather than having to queue or phone the ticket office early on ticket release day like us mere mortals.

Now they've got the option of protecting their status with an away season ticket, while the simple system of season ticket holders first, then everyone else is good enough for everyone else.

The loyalty points system was badly thought out, badly implemented, and addressed at a problem which didn't exist. Further, the points for HSL sign ups nonsense was probably the final nail in its coffin.
    Sorry, but I disagree. I go to every game and season ticket holders got points as did I. You also hot points for going to away games. ( I did get points to for HSL and will agree that was a farce).
    However because certain folk don't go to every game but want to pick and choose we better stop the fans who get points for every game as maybe just maybe I'll not get a ticket when I want one.

I have not read one message on here ( though I could have missed them) by any fan not getting a ticket due to folk getting LP for going to any game THOUGH I've read numerous saying that they still managed to get tickets.

I thought it was well implemented well thought out until a few thought that they were being hard done to and wanted it scrapped.

But it's all about opinions

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    You clearly have some sort of agenda Andy. Fans wanted some sort of loyalty scheme to amongst other things reward walk up fans who for whatever reason could not commit to a season ticket. Missing out on an away ticket is neither here nor there but had we been really challenging for the title and the possibility of more fans than tickets at either some of the smaller venues or Ibrox had raised its head then the scheme in its original format would have worked reasonably well. It only became a nonsense when we started dishing out points for share issues IMO. Now fans now need to commit to taking tickets for every away game. I think that's wrong. Again for whatever reason fans might nit be able to commit to that. That in itself will probably lead to a smaller uptake on the away season ticket making it look like there was no issue to begin with. There was nothing wrong with the original scheme. Rewarded season ticket holders with the chance of away tickets should they wish and the more you went to away games the more you were almost guaranteed to get a ticket. Clean and simple system ballsed up by the powers at be.
    Spot on. Some can't really get the head around what was a simple system and fair way to distribute tickets to those that bothered accumulating points

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    It was entirely about individuals looking out for themselves. The very small number of people who go to every game wanting that status protected rather than having to queue or phone the ticket office early on ticket release day like us mere mortals.

Now they've got the option of protecting their status with an away season ticket, while the simple system of season ticket holders first, then everyone else is good enough for everyone else.

The loyalty points system was badly thought out, badly implemented, and addressed at a problem which didn't exist. Further, the points for HSL sign ups nonsense was probably the final nail in its coffin.
    Utter drivel......

It was to reward loyalty

Coaching Staff
    Spot on. Some can't really get the head around what was a simple system and fair way to distribute tickets to those that bothered accumulating points
    By the same token some can't get their head round the fact it wasn't needed and caused more side issues than the non issue it was seeking to sort.

Really mate?

Fair enough mate, I just see it as common sense rather than funny

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    By the same token some can't get their head round the fact it wasn't needed and caused more side issues than the non issue it was seeking to sort.
    Nah not buying that.....Are you saying someone who attended every game should potentially miss out to a "big game hunter"?

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    To me the loyalty scheme was simple, the more games you attended the more points you accrued so the better chance you had getting a ticket when numbers were limited. The HSL points were a massive own goal, but the loyalty scheme in principal should never been scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    To me the loyalty scheme was simple, the more games you attended the more points you accrued so the better chance you had getting a ticket when numbers were limited. The HSL points were a massive own goal, but the loyalty scheme in principal should never been scrapped.
    Indeed

Obsessed with the Hibees
    I really can't see how Hibs didn't make this work

Season tickets should be no guarantee to a ticket away at Dumbarton or Alloa or Tynecastle

Those that attend away games regularly accumulate the extra points and should get first dibs

We are 20 points for a season ticket or 1 point for every home game bought

Points awarded for all away games (that have tickets) varying between 2 and 5 generally with more points for the less glamorous (away Inverness midweek etc)

Tickets for sell out away games or cup finals(I wish) are then allocated on a sliding scale

It really isn't rocket science and if you go to most games home or away you have first chance, if you don't you have to wait til second wave. Still allows walk ups to accumulate but have to accept behind the queue of those that attend all games

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Absolutely ! The trouble imho was the game away to them in the cup, some season ticket holders were unhappy because they missed out on tickets for that and felt they were entitled to one as much as someone who had been to every/the majority of away games.

This new away season ticket means that someone who goes to every away game is guaranteed a ticket (as it should be) but the loyalty scheme did that anyway. I cannot commit to every away game but intend going to most, but I'll now be competing with someone who only chooses to go to one all season. As usual the minority spoil it for others.

Quote Originally Posted by bruno View Post

Season tickets should be no guarantee to a ticket away at Dumbarton or Alloa or Tynecastle

Those that attend away games regularly accumulate the extra points and should get first dibs

Points awarded for all away games (that have tickets) varying between 2 and 5 generally with more points for the less glamorous (away Inverness midweek etc)

Tickets for sell out away games or cup finals(I wish) are then allocated on a sliding scale

It really isn't rocket science and if you go to most games home or away you have first chance, if you don't you have to wait til second wave. Still allows walk ups to accumulate but have to accept behind the queue of those that attend all games
    I agree, Season Tickets shouldn't guarantee you a ticket to ride games. What it should do though is give you a chance of a ticket though. Under the loyalty point scheme some of those showing the greatest loyalty by continuing to purchase up front, money that goes to OUR club, were locked out. Also those who only paid our own club money to attend matches were never going to make the top wave.
    The scheme is gone, we've sold 10000 season tickets and I would be delighted if there is a ticket scramble for every away game, it would mean something is going right. If I miss out so be it. I'll live. The Away ST looks after the very small number who do go to every single game. It's all good really.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Sounds simple in theory.

Do Hearts still get a lot of grief about the way it is implemented?

I'm one of those who shrugs my shoulders and seems to accept that Hibs will get it in the neck whatever they do. The way you do it does seem to be the most sensible way though, and it is hard to argue with.

IMO ours ran aground when Hibs got greedy and started handing out points for things such as HSL membership. It amounted to little more than emotional blackmail and really started to introduce ill-feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I agree, Season Tickets shouldn't guarantee you a ticket to ride games. What it should do though is give you a chance of a ticket though. Under the loyalty point scheme some of those showing the greatest loyalty by continuing to purchase up front, money that goes to OUR club, were locked out. Also those who only paid our own club money to attend matches were never going to make the top wave.
    The scheme is gone, we've sold 10000 season tickets and I would be delighted if there is a ticket scramble for every away game, it would mean something is going right. If I miss out so be it. I'll live. The Away ST looks after the very small number who do go to every single game. It's all good really.
    The bit in bold M59, why should it ? I buy a season ticket to ensure I have a seat for every home game and more importantly help the club out for the forthcoming season by paying them the money up front. If someone goes to all or at least the majority of away games surely that should give them preference when it comes to high demand games over someone who hasn't been to an away game all season ?

Easy system, made complex by addition of HSL points

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    The bit in bold M59, why should it ? I buy a season ticket to ensure I have a seat for every home game and more importantly help the club out for the forthcoming season by paying them the money up front. If someone goes to all or at least the majority of away games surely that should give them preference when it comes to high demand games over someone who hasn't been to an away game all season ?
    A season ticket has always given you a chance of away tickets, it's a way of rewarding those who commit to a large sum of money every season. That's the money that pays for the squad, not what we spend on away games. Anything that encourages that spend has to be a good thing.
    Somebody going to all away games can guarantee themselves a ticket by getting the away season ticket, they are catered for.
    I'm happy enough to take my chances against somebody who doesn't go to as many games as me. I haven't missed out on a game I really wanted to attend for as long as I can remember though.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Coaching Staff
    Nah not buying that.....Are you saying someone who attended every game should potentially miss out to a "big game hunter"?
    No but I'm saying that doesn't happen, so the fix isn't needed.

Guys like you and Billy too. I've bumped into you in many corners of the world. You guys deserve to be at any game you want. I don't dispute that.

If and when you start to miss out somehow then it needs looked at. As it was the scheme that went in caused more problems than it solved. The away ticket looks a good idea for you guys though who can commit to them all without the additional admin impact of the other scheme.
    Last edited by Andy74; 01-08-2016 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    A season ticket has always given you a chance of away tickets, it's a way of rewarding those who commit to a large sum of money every season. That's the money that pays for the squad, not what we spend on away games. Anything that encourages that spend has to be a good thing.
    Somebody going to all away games can guarantee themselves a ticket by getting the away season ticket, they are catered for.
    I'm happy enough to take my chances against somebody who doesn't go to as many games as me. I haven't missed out on a game I really wanted to attend for as long as I can remember though.
    And the points offered by being a season ticket holder were a reward, so I don't see how that failed. You say you haven't missed out on a game you wanted to, but had it not been for the fact I was off work when the Falkirk tickets went on sale I would have. If the loyalty scheme had been in place I would have been able to get a ticket when I'd finished work.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    No but I'm saying that doesn't happen, so the fix isn't needed.

Guys like you and Billy too. I've bumped into you in many corners of the world. You guys deserve to be at any game you want. I don't dispute that.

If and when you start to miss out somehow then it needs looked at. As it was the scheme that went in caused more problems than it solved. The away ticket looks a good idea for you guys though who can commit to them all without the additional admin impact of the other scheme.
    Fair do's

Simple response to this quote........