hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    This is what we end up with after people sticking their oar in and disrupting what was a perfectly simple loyalty scheme with daft ideas about point allocation for non-attendance. Points for attending games both home and away, and a means of ensuring the regular attendees were given first opportunity to purchase tickets when supply limited. Thanks to those who muddied the waters, instead of a schemed that catered for thousands, we now have a scheme that just caters for a couple of hundred.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yet we are now seeing people moaning that it has been scrapped?
    They are yes. You liked it although probably with some tweaks but really, you didn't really need it either. Have you ever not got a ticket for a game?

You know more than most that we have a pretty fixed away support which varies by venue. Most folk don't like going to Ibrox for example but people love East End Park. Supply tends to accurately reflect the demand as far as I can see.

So I'm sure being front of the queue was nice but ultimately not needed. When you put it together with added admin, increased issues for groups and families etc it is probably right to ditch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    They are yes. You liked it although probably with some tweaks but really, you didn't really need it either. Have you ever not got a ticket for a game?

You know more than most that we have a pretty fixed away support which varies by venue. Most folk don't like going to Ibrox for example but people love East End Park. Supply tends to accurately reflect the demand as far as I can see.

So I'm sure being front of the queue was nice but ultimately not needed. When you put it together with added admin, increased issues for groups and families etc it is probably right to ditch it.
    I liked it, yes, because it was my idea/suggestion going back to 2004. Took 10 years to be implemented only for it to be scrapped after constant criticism
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member
    I go to some away games but not all. I see no problem with the guys who follow Hibs to all the away games getting to guarantee their tickets. It's the least they deserve for their dedication to the cause.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    I have no problem with the away season ticket,it ensures that supporters that go to all away games get a ticket, I know that I will miss a few away games so it will not suit me, but I am absolutely certain that I will get tickets for all away games that I wish to go to.

@hibs.net private member
    Only 40 sold as of this morning

I'm really not sure about this away season ticket and the way you pay for tickets for EVERY game before.

I would have had an away supporters club membership - maybe costing between £80-100 - money going direct to Hibs that gives priority for away tickets.

I would then sell to season ticket holders.

I liked the idea of loyalty points - not just rewarding purchasing of tickets - other areas like merchandise etc but not to be used for shares.

What I didn't like about the old system was the inconsistency - some guys loyalty points awarded - some not - it also meant the richer became more rich as there was limited ways to boost points apart from season tickets and shares.

I had a decent amount of points so it did help at times there were definitely flaws in the system but I feel this new away season ticket thing is nonsense and not value for money - plus money going to opposition clubs even if you can't make a game.

I do applaud the fans that buy them though as shows great dedication to supporting the club.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 28-07-2016 at 11:58 AM.

One of my reasons for buying it was to make sure that I get a ticket when we get to the end of the season. I think we'll win the league and I didn't want to take a chance on missing out if the 'party' is away from home.

The last 4 away games are:

Dundee United
    Dunfermline
    Morton
    Ayr

The game at Tannadice is 11 March so may be a bit early so should be plenty tickets. Dunfermline should be OK too.

The other 2? Not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    One of my reasons for buying it was to make sure that I get a ticket when we get to the end of the season. I think we'll win the league and I didn't want to take a chance on missing out if the 'party' is away from home.

The last 4 away games are:

Dundee United
    Dunfermline
    Morton
    Ayr

The game at Tannadice is 11 March so may be a bit early so should be plenty tickets. Dunfermline should be OK too.

The other 2? Not so sure.
    Couple of thousand at Ayr and Morton. Will be no problem getting tickets.

Took me 5 minutes to get Falkirk tickets earlier, thought it would be a nightmare due to it being one of our biggest games and 1st game of season. I was wrong and glad I never went ahead with the away season ticket option.

Don't see the point of it.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I signed up to this and received an email from hibs thanking me for doing so and someone will call me back shortly. That was over 24hrs ago

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Couple of thousand at Ayr and Morton. Will be no problem getting tickets.

Took me 5 minutes to get Falkirk tickets earlier, thought it would be a nightmare due to it being one of our biggest games and 1st game of season. I was wrong and glad I never went ahead with the away season ticket option.

Don't see the point of it.

Mind the scheme includes all cup matches.

Got my away season ticket. Am I now part of the elite 350 über fans?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Got my away season ticket. Am I now part of the elite 350 über fans?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I liked it, yes, because it was my idea/suggestion going back to 2004. Took 10 years to be implemented only for it to be scrapped after constant criticism
    How many games over those 10 years did you miss when you wanted a ticket but couldn't get one?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    How many games over those 10 years did you miss when you wanted a ticket but couldn't get one?
    l

My guess is he hasn't missed any games in 10 years. Home/away or abroad & friendlies.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    That question has been aimed at many who endorsed a loyalty scheme, and it's not really the point. It was never about individuals looking out for themselves, it was to put a system into place that ensured a fair distribution of matchday tickets when short in supply.

This won't work for me. I can't commit to every away game. So no way am I guaranteeing coffers to other clubs when I can't go. Rather not bother and give my hard-earned to the Hibees instead.

It's Easter Road for me. ⚽️

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I think it's a great idea in principle and see no argument whatsoever to not implement it - those who take it up will already be making every away game I presume and if it makes things easier for them I'm all for that as its no more thatn their loyalty deserves.

Had it been introduced a couple years when I went to every away game of have definitely got on board with it, with my on-call weeks now I can't justify it as unless I can get covered I'll only make 2 out of every 3 away games.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member
    We still have a loyalty scheme, it's called season ticket membership. The points became divisive so the club scrapped them after talking to various supporter groups. A number of ST holders contacted the club and said the LP devalued their ST and would not be renewing. So LD made the decision to scrap it.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    We still have a loyalty scheme, it's called season ticket membership. The points became divisive so the club scrapped them after talking to various supporter groups. A number of ST holders contacted the club and said the LP devalued their ST and would not be renewing. So LD made the decision to scrap it.
    A vocal number but still a very small number. I'd say at most it would be a few dozen complainers rather than several hundred out of seven thousand plus season tickets last year (ie under 1%).

I've already said on several occasions that the correct solution was to increase the loyalty points awarded for having a season ticket to ensure that offered the best option. For example -

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    It should have been 225 points for an early bird season ticket, 210 points for a normal season ticket, 100 points for nine game half season or ten points for each home game attended, with five points for each away game. That would have given priority to season ticket holders, recognised those who pay at the gate regularly and ensured that Hibs were the ones getting the money.
    All I would add to that is to make the loyalty points cumulative over a rolling three year period, including the current season, so that it doesn't become too exclusive and anyone willing and able to make the effort can reach the top bands.

I'd also question your assumption that a season ticket is the same as a loyalty scheme. That automatically devalues those supporters who are unable to attend most home games due to other commitments, travel or finances. We're effectively placed in the same class as the day trippers who only take an interest when there is a cup semi or final to be attended and then have to compete with the day trippers if we want a ticket. At least the loyalty points system recognised that we support our team when able to.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    IMHO, it's a good scheme for the diehards who go to every game. It will be more convenient for them and ensure they always get a ticket. If I had the time and the cash, I'd get one. I do agree it could have been run in conjunction with the loyalty scheme, rather than as its replacement.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

We'll have to take it philosophically. If that's the right bloody spelling! Only 350 away season tickets so should be the case that there will be enough to go round for the vast majority of away games if not all. I'm going Falkirk next Saturday and plan to go a few aways but no chance will I make them all, perhaps about half this season so just have to get on with it

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    That question has been aimed at many who endorsed a loyalty scheme, and it's not really the point. It was never about individuals looking out for themselves, it was to put a system into place that ensured a fair distribution of matchday tickets when short in supply.
    It was entirely about individuals looking out for themselves. The very small number of people who go to every game wanting that status protected rather than having to queue or phone the ticket office early on ticket release day like us mere mortals.

Now they've got the option of protecting their status with an away season ticket, while the simple system of season ticket holders first, then everyone else is good enough for everyone else.

The loyalty points system was badly thought out, badly implemented, and addressed at a problem which didn't exist. Further, the points for HSL sign ups nonsense was probably the final nail in its coffin.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    How do you assess the supply and demand unless you figure out if anyone misses out regularly? At this stage I've still not heard of anyone missing out on games they wanted to go to. That being the case the system wasn't really needed.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    How do you assess the supply and demand unless you figure out if anyone misses out regularly? At this stage I've still not heard of anyone missing out on games they wanted to go to. That being the case the system wasn't really needed.
    Andy you have consistently maintained your stance that the system wasn't needed and always raise the point of people not missing out on tickets as your justification. The loyalty point system was requested by many fans who wanted some recognition for their loyalty as walk ups and particularly at away games. The club listened and responded with a system that many fans liked and agreed with. The system however was altered to include HSL benefits and other quirks with tiers of priority attracted criticism from many. A loyalty system that rewards customers for their continued support is a great idea ss long as it is managed properly. The difficulty in football rather than retail is the tier that exists already with season ticket holders. To simply dismiss every time with the "not needed" argument is far too simplistic.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 31-07-2016 at 10:03 PM.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    You clearly have some sort of agenda Andy. Fans wanted some sort of loyalty scheme to amongst other things reward walk up fans who for whatever reason could not commit to a season ticket. Missing out on an away ticket is neither here nor there but had we been really challenging for the title and the possibility of more fans than tickets at either some of the smaller venues or Ibrox had raised its head then the scheme in its original format would have worked reasonably well. It only became a nonsense when we started dishing out points for share issues IMO. Now fans now need to commit to taking tickets for every away game. I think that's wrong. Again for whatever reason fans might nit be able to commit to that. That in itself will probably lead to a smaller uptake on the away season ticket making it look like there was no issue to begin with. There was nothing wrong with the original scheme. Rewarded season ticket holders with the chance of away tickets should they wish and the more you went to away games the more you were almost guaranteed to get a ticket. Clean and simple system ballsed up by the powers at be.

If we win our first two games How many fans will want to come through to Paisley for the St Mirren game
    That game might give us an indication re whether fans who wanted to go couldn't get one
    St Mirren of course may give us part of the other Stand but if results go our way this will be first test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    In England away season tickets are offered at Clubs who have large support but have limited opportunity of away tickets. United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds etc.

Never heard of such a scheme at a club the size of Hibs. Personally think this is ill thought out and a bit of a knee jerk reaction. As others have said, a slightly tweaked loyalty scheme would have done he trick IMO.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    I've already missed out on the first game of the season. Likely that even with LP and my circumstances on Thursday it would still have been the case but for those of us that are working at 10:00 on a Thursday we no longer seem to have the security of being able to get home/to ER and get a ticket. Please use me as someone who wants one but didn't get one when you are looking for the answer to those that do get them......

Don't see the fuss. If you go every week then get one.
    If you don't go every week you will almost certainly still be able to attend just about any game you choose.