hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The club listened, introduced a loyalty scheme then listened again when the flaws emerged and came up with this compromise. They'll never win though, no matter what they do.
    It's a compromise solution that replaces a scheme used by thousands to one that is used by a couple of hundred max. So in reality it is no solution at all and is a completely retrograde step.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    It's a compromise solution that replaces a scheme used by thousands to one that is used by a couple of hundred max. So in reality it is no solution at all and is a completely retrograde step.
    Exactly. I wonder how many fans actually complained to Hibs about the loyalty points scheme. Apart from the HSL thing, it was ideal.

Or was it costing too much to administer somehow?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    Yeah but how many in either scheme actually need it?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Can't see the take up being massive surely.

This is a ridiculous away season ticket offer. No discount on tickets and forced to buy every away ticket. Really poor from Hibs marketing. I would be surprised if any Hibs fans take up this supposed deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesforever View Post
    This is a ridiculous away season ticket offer. No discount on tickets and forced to buy every away ticket. Really poor from Hibs marketing. I would be surprised if any Hibs fans take up this supposed deal.
    You do know that Hibs make no money from this and discounts would cost our club money? The point is to guarantee tickets for away matches, nothing more.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Let's be honest here and say it how it is.

This new scheme has been introduced to get a very small number of vocal fans that complained that some of their members who travelled to away games might not, I use might not as there was never any evidence to suggest that they didn't get tickets, get tickets for away games.

I trust the said posters have now ensured that their members who "travelled to away games week in and week out" have signed up to this Season Ticket... ??

I'd guess that there will be less than 100 that sign up.

Meanwhile we've lost a genuine opportunity to have a very good loyalty points system
    Last edited by StevieCowan; 27-07-2016 at 10:04 PM.

You do know that Hibs make no money from this and discounts would cost our club money? The point is to guarantee tickets for away matches, nothing more.
    Which makes it even more pointless for Hibs to introduce this, since the only people making any money from it will be the host teams who have a guaranteed ticket sale at the expense of whoever buys the away ticket.

The loyalty scheme needed fine tuning, not ditched in response to a few loud voices who didn't get pandered to. It should have been 225 points for an early bird season ticket, 210 points for a normal season ticket, 100 points for nine game half season or ten points for each home game attended, with five points for each away game. That would have given priority to season ticket holders, recognised those who pay at the gate regularly and ensured that Hibs were the ones getting the money.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Which makes it even more pointless for Hibs to introduce this, since the only people making any money from it will be the host teams who have a guaranteed ticket sale at the expense of whoever buys the away ticket.

The loyalty scheme needed fine tuning, not ditched in response to a few loud voices who didn't get pandered to. It should have been 225 points for an early bird season ticket, 210 points for a normal season ticket, 100 points for nine game half season or ten points for each home game attended, with five points for each away game. That would have given priority to season ticket holders, recognised those who pay at the gate regularly and ensured that Hibs were the ones getting the money.
    Spot on.

And I my beef isn't the away ST but more the fact that the loyalty point system has been ditched in favour of this. The should've worked in tandem IMO.

Left by mutual consent! Col_0762's Avatar
    Was the whole point of the loyalty points scheme not originally to reward walk ups to Easter Road, so when it came to semi finals and finals, they were ahead of the general sale and therefore guaranteeing themselves a ticket? I don't see why season tickets holders need points. Your season ticket is purchased for entry to league games at Easter Road, it gave you priority or first dibs rather on away games that were an all ticket allocation.

All this has came from us playing the ****bos in the Scottish Cup final and non season ticket holders who pay to get into Easter Road on a regular basis saying, and quite rightly so, they should have some sort of priority over less regualr attendees or your Hampden daytripper. I've asked already, and so have a few others, but who are the people who have missed out on tickets for away games? When has anyone not been able to get a ticket for an away game they wanted to go to? All this nonsense about away games is creating problems for the club when there was never a problem in the first place. As I said, I'm sure this was originally thought up as a way of rewarding regular walk ups to Easter Road. At the end of the day, if you want to guarantee, or at least guarantee a chance of an away ticket for a derby etc, you need to buy a season ticket. There will never be a game where all season ticket holders (excluding cup finals) will want a ticket. Again, as I said earlier, we regularly never sold out allocations at Ibrox, Parkhead and even Tynie. There's no need for tickets anywhere else. Dumbarton was a public sale last year.

If they feel we need an away points scheme, this should be seperate to any scheme that rewards attendance at Easter Road. It should be one point per away game, Falkirk should have been a free for all for season ticket holders, the next game open to 1 pointers for so long, then a general sale. Keep working it this way for 10 games and then make it only the last ten games count. So when we play our 11th game away, the point for the Falkirk game would drop off. It keeps it clean and easy to work. That's the way Scotland does it for those of us who travel away and it works no problem. But as I said earlier, I honestly don't think we have a big enough away support for an away scheme.
    Last edited by Col_0762; 27-07-2016 at 06:53 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_0762 View Post
    Was the whole point of the loyalty points scheme not originally to reward walk ups to Easter Road, so when it came to semi finals and finals, they were ahead of the general sale and therefore guaranteeing themselves a ticket? I don't see why season tickets holders need points. Your season ticket is purchased for entry to league games at Easter Road, it gave you priority or first dibs rather on away games that were an all ticket allocation.

All this has came from us playing the ****bos in the Scottish Cup final and non season ticket holders who pay to get into Easter Road on a regular basis saying, and quite rightly so, they should have some sort of priority over less regualr attendees or your Hampden daytripper. I've asked already, and so have a few others, but who are the people who have missed out on tickets for away games? When has anyone not been able to get a ticket for an away game they wanted to go to? All this nonsense about away games is creating problems for the club when there was never a problem in the first place. As I said, I'm sure this was originally thought up as a way of rewarding regular walk ups to Easter Road. At the end of the day, if you want to guarantee, or at least guarantee a chance of an away ticket for a derby etc, you need to buy a season ticket. There will never be a game where all season ticket holders (excluding cup finals) will want a ticket. Again, as I said earlier, we regularly never sold out allocations at Ibrox, Parkhead and even Tynie. There's no need for tickets anywhere else. Dumbarton was a public sale last year.

If they feel we need an away points scheme, this should be seperate to any scheme that rewards attendance at Easter Road. It should be one point per away game, Falkirk should have been a free for all for season ticket holders, the next game open to 1 pointers for so long, then a general sale. Keep working it this way for 10 games and then make it only the last ten games count. So when we play our 11th game away, the point for the Falkirk game would drop off. It keeps it clean and easy to work. That's the way Scotland does it for those of us who travel away and it works no problem. But as I said earlier, I honestly don't think we have a big enough away support for an away scheme.
    Yep. Agree on original intentions for the scheme. That's how I read what it was for.

When you started creating a level above season ticket holders the problems started with the scheme.

Left by mutual consent! Col_0762's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Yep. Agree on original intentions for the scheme. That's how I read what it was for.

When you started creating a level above season ticket holders the problems started with the scheme.
    Any idea why it was changed to incorporate away games? Seems strange when away games were never an issue and it's just created problems for the club. Why fix something that wasn't broken re away games. The issue was home games.

Don't think I'll go to an away game again.Just be surrounded by moaners and whingers

Quote Originally Posted by StevieCowan View Post
    Let's be honest here and say it now it is.

This new scheme has been introduced to get a very small number of vocal fans that complained that some of their members who travelled to away games might not, I use might not as there was never any evidence to suggest that they didn't get tickets, get tickets for away games.

I trust the said posters have now ensured that their members who "travelled to away games week in and week out" have signed up to this Season Ticket... ??

I'd guess that there will be less than 100 that sign up.

Meanwhile we've lost a genuine opportunity to have a very good loyalty points system
    LP system suited those that travelled to all or many away games though.......Not really understanding your point?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent!
    Not even the most loyal supporter can guarantee they'll manage to attend every single away game!

You really need your head read if you buy into this in my opinion!

Spot on.

And I my beef isn't the away ST but more the fact that the loyalty point system has been ditched in favour of this. The should've worked in tandem IMO.

The Loyalty Scheme as it was introduced had nothing wrong with it. It was the Club devaluing the offering via HSL that was the major complaint. It was a Loyalty Scheme about attendance at matches. An away season ticket could and probably should have been part of this.

Twice last season the Club had excellent opportunity to use the Points to organise the sale of Cup Final Tickets in an priority order. Instead they created the first day rush for tickets that saw some people queuing for hours or worst, being turned away and told to come back another day after making their trip to Easter Road. If they'd reduced the number by staggering the sale of tickets they would have reduced the queues and prevented the phone and online meltdown that ensued.

Other Clubs can do it but since HSL were allocated loyalty Points it was pretty clear the Club were just using it as an incentive for people to invest in HSL - which is not about attendance at matches. If they wanted to create something to encourage people to subscribe it should have been rewarded in some other way and not by high-jacking the Loyalty Scheme.

Also Football needs to be a customer focused business for the full supporter base not just a few hundred fans that attend every match. This is not a dig at those who regularly attend all away matches. An away season ticket inside a Loyalty Scheme would have seen those who attend most games ensuring they have first dibbs on tickets for the biggest of matches.

When you have 10,300 season ticket holders then there needs to be a way to allocate limited tickets, whether that is 700 at Dumbarton or 3800 at the PBS. Loyalty points to reward those who attend the most games was the fair way to achieve that, not creating an uber-elite level of 350 fans and then leaving almost 10000 season ticket holders scrambling for the remaining tickets.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyegreen View Post
    Not even the most loyal supporter can guarantee they'll manage to attend every single away game!

You really need your head read if you buy into this in my opinion!
    I must be ready for the loony bin then

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I must be ready for the loony bin then
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Me too

LP system suited those that travelled to all or many away games though.......Not really understanding your point?
    If that was the case who had the ear of the club for them to announce that it had failed and it should replaced with an "Away ST"?
    Last edited by StevieCowan; 27-07-2016 at 10:05 PM.

If that was the case who had the ear of the club for them to announce that it had failed and it should replaced with a "Away ST"?
    Still don't understand what you are trying to say?

Hibs themselves scrapped the Loyalty points system.

Still don't understand what you are trying to say?

Hibs themselves scrapped the Loyalty points system.
    Based on what feedback?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I liked the loyalty point system and IMO should have been retained.

The ones making most noise about it were the ones who only went to away games occasionally.

Only mistake for me was the nonsense with HSL.
    This 100%

Based on what feedback?
    They said there were too many complaints, and ticket office staff were receiving abuse, and was causing administrative issues

Coaching Staff
    They said there were too many complaints, and ticket office staff were receiving abuse, and was causing administrative issues
    Yep and not worth it when trying to solve a problem that wasn't there.

Yup but I was told abuse (and I've no time for people that resort to abusing the Ticket Staff who're just doing their job) related to Cup Final tickets. The Club created the reason for complaints. All avoidable if they implemented the system as it was intended.

Yep and not worth it when trying to solve a problem that wasn't there.
    Yet we are now seeing people moaning that it has been scrapped?

i liked the loyalty points scheme. I bought a season ticket and i was awarded points for this. Having the season ticket gave me preference for a ticket for every away game i went to. (I missed three last season!) I got my loyalty points for each game i bought a ticket for and attended. As simple as that!

The complaints i read on here about this and that in the loyalty scheme were sometimes so childish yet others caught on to the idea and it grew and grew.

It makes me wonder though that if the team had not been doing so well the last couple of seasons would there have been such a demand for away tickets? We are in a situation where we are playing at smaller grounds who are not used to such large supports following the visiting team. Hence the need to restrict the number who do travel.

There are very few supporters who do have 100% attendance records at games and its only right that they should continue to be able to get their tickets. Most of them do though also have season tickets for Easter Road which would guarantee them a ticket for away games.

So whatt was all the fuss about? Hibs just cant please them all, no matter what they do! Personally i think it was due to the giving of the extra points to those who joined the share scheme that upset the apple cart.

As i say i thought the Loyalty scheme was fair on the people who bought a season ticket and travelled to away games and were rewarded with the points for doing so.

Now that reward has been taken back and nothing is put in its place?

The away season ticket formula does not suit me so i wont be joining in the 350 who will benefit from the new scheme but have to take my chances with my season ticket privileges and hope for the best!

The club listened, introduced a loyalty scheme then listened again when the flaws emerged and came up with this compromise. They'll never win though, no matter what they do.
    Naaaa! They listened.........Introduced a Loyalty Scheme then mutated into something that didn't work. They created the flaws. Because of that criticism is justified.
    When you do something unexpected for your customer it's being proactive.
    When you do something in response to a customer its being reactive.

When you do something and don't take the customer with you ....sorry that's inexcusable and deserves criticism.