hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Official Site: AWAY SEASON TICKET SCHEME LAUNCHED

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good scheme and good idea to cap it to give other fans a chance. I'm looking go a few away games but every one is impossible

Not happy with this tbh or the scrapping of loyalty points - all because a few kicked up a fuss. Work dictates I can't go to every away match but I go to 90% of them and now under this new scheme of risk missing out on tickets of I don't buy an away season ticket?? I understand they can't please everyone but to scrap loyalty points after 2 seasons is bizarre

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This seems a terrible idea that even Hibs don't want the fans to take up..

If I sign up can I opt out of purchasing for certain games?
    No, signing up for the away season ticket commits the supporter to purchasing a ticket for every away game in the Ladbrokes Championship, Betfred League Cup, Irn Bru Challenge Cup and William Hill Scottish Cup. Please note it does not apply to the UEFA Europa League.

Do I get to choose my seat?
    No you don’t, you will be allocated a seat. This means that it may not be possible for you to have a ticket beside those who don’t own an away season ticket. If you apply as part of a group your tickets will be allocated together.

What happens if the away club doesn’t provide tickets to Hibernian for sale in advance of a match?
    If the Club doesn’t receive tickets from the away side we are not in a position to allocate you tickets as part of the away season ticket scheme.

What if there is a ticket promotion at a certain game e.g family price?
    Unfortunately, you won’t be able to be part of this once signed up to the away season ticket – you will be required to pay the full amount of the match ticket.

Aye sounds good!

Think it's a decent idea to save the most loyal of away fans the hassle of having to buy their tickets every other week. However, to scrap the loyalty points based ion 350 people that can go to every away game (and leave anyone who goes to 90% with nothing) is bizarre.

Hearts have had loyalty points for years - does anyone know if theirs works well?

First Team Breakthrough cabbage_88's Avatar
    Utter nonsense this away season ticket. Loyalty points system worked absolutely fine!!

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststandee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This seems a terrible idea that even Hibs don't want the fans to take up..

If I sign up can I opt out of purchasing for certain games?
    No, signing up for the away season ticket commits the supporter to purchasing a ticket for every away game in the Ladbrokes Championship, Betfred League Cup, Irn Bru Challenge Cup and William Hill Scottish Cup. Please note it does not apply to the UEFA Europa League.

Do I get to choose my seat?
    No you don’t, you will be allocated a seat. This means that it may not be possible for you to have a ticket beside those who don’t own an away season ticket. If you apply as part of a group your tickets will be allocated together.

What happens if the away club doesn’t provide tickets to Hibernian for sale in advance of a match?
    If the Club doesn’t receive tickets from the away side we are not in a position to allocate you tickets as part of the away season ticket scheme.

What if there is a ticket promotion at a certain game e.g family price?
    Unfortunately, you won’t be able to be part of this once signed up to the away season ticket – you will be required to pay the full amount of the match ticket.

Aye sounds good!
    Hibs will make no money from this scheme so they are rightly limiting the administration required as much as possible. This is being put in place so a small group of fans who attend every away game can guarantee themselves a ticket - there is no other benefits or incentives and neither there should be.

Think it's a decent idea to save the most loyal of away fans the hassle of having to buy their tickets every other week. However, to scrap the loyalty points based ion 350 people that can go to every away game (and leave anyone who goes to 90% with nothing) is bizarre.

Hearts have had loyalty points for years - does anyone know if theirs works well?

Too many complained re LP system, now its scrapped. This is a compromise
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Not happy with this tbh or the scrapping of loyalty points - all because a few kicked up a fuss. Work dictates I can't go to every away match but I go to 90% of them and now under this new scheme of risk missing out on tickets of I don't buy an away season ticket?? I understand they can't please everyone but to scrap loyalty points after 2 seasons is bizarre

Totally agree and still haven't worked out exactly why the loyalty points scheme was scrapped. I just don't see the point in this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Totally agree and still haven't worked out exactly why the loyalty points scheme was scrapped. I just don't see the point in this at all.
    We have had zero explanation from LD as to why this was scrapped it really angers me as all that money spent going to matches the last 2 seasons and our points are now just scrubbed. This away season ticket is bizarre to say the least...I would welcome comments from our Board representatives on this as most of us seem very unhappy about this??

When the Loyalty points existed, the vast majority of comments were complaints. Now it doesn't, the vast majority of comments are about how good it was and how pish the new system is.

I'd hate to work for the club. Imagine trying to do anything new when you know that folk are going to moan about it on the internet.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    We have had zero explanation from LD as to why this was scrapped it really angers me as all that money spent going to matches the last 2 seasons and our points are now just scrubbed. This away season ticket is bizarre to say the least...I would welcome comments from our Board representatives on this as most of us seem very unhappy about this??

It really angers you ?? really ? You need to get out more.

We have had zero explanation from LD as to why this was scrapped it really angers me as all that money spent going to matches the last 2 seasons and our points are now just scrubbed.
    Could be worse. Some of us bought STs every year that the loyalty points were in force and now have the same points as my Auntie Beryl, who hasn't been to a Hibs game since the 2001 cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Could be worse. Some of us bought STs every year that the loyalty points were in force and now have the same points as my Auntie Beryl, who hasn't been to a Hibs game since the 2001 cup final.
    Yup kno the feeling mate 😠

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    It really angers you ?? really ? You need to get out more.
    Bit uncalled for ...personal insults not really necessary...I put my opinion across and as someone who had nearly 600 loyalty points I'm unhappy it's been scrapped.

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    When the Loyalty points existed, the vast majority of comments were complaints. Now it doesn't, the vast majority of comments are about how good it was and how pish the new system is.

I'd hate to work for the club. Imagine trying to do anything new when you know that folk are going to moan about it on the internet.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Will no doubt miss any away midweek cup games plus one or two away games due to holidays booked so its not worth it for us. Wont be a problem getting tickets anywhere apart from dumbarton imo. It still leaves nearly 1600 for falkirk if we sell the 350 away season tickets so shouldnt be that hard to pick up tickets.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Bit uncalled for ...personal insults not really necessary...I put my opinion across and as someone who had nearly 600 loyalty points I'm unhappy it's been scrapped.

Apologies if you took it as a personal insult.......it was not meant as such. I just find the notion that the scrapping of the loyalty points would result in someone feeling 'really angry' rather melodramatic.

The consequences of not having the loyalty points are what exactly ?...........bit of a scramble for tickets for a few games per season ? Judging by the number of points you had assume you are a season ticket holder so will be in the first wave of priority anyway I would have thought.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RSS Bot View Post
    That's a pretty **** scheme all in all, and is way worse than what it replaced.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I liked the loyalty point system and IMO should have been retained.

The ones making most noise about it were the ones who only went to away games occasionally.

Only mistake for me was the nonsense with HSL.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Hibs will make no money from this scheme so they are rightly limiting the administration required as much as possible. This is being put in place so a small group of fans who attend every away game can guarantee themselves a ticket - there is no other benefits or incentives and neither there should be.
    Surely the point of this like the Loyalty points scheme is to allow fans who attend more often the ease and opportunity to get a ticket before someone who goes now and then rather than to make money.

Someone may go to the majority of away games but can't justify financially signing up to paying for EVERY away game, never mind persuading the group they usually go to these games with to sign up as well.

But when we draw the puddle drinker or TRFC they can potentially lose out to someone who hasn't been to a game in years just because they are on the database.

It's not a fair system and it's not productive to settling the problems that come along when we have a limited amount of tickets. The reason loyalty points were brought in in the first place.

Well done Hibs, exactly what was needed.

• Away season ticket for those 150-250 fans that can commit to go to every away game and therefore can deservedly guarantee their ticket
    • The rest of us season tickets holders get equal priority to purchase the remaining away tickets for each game

The amount of amount resource Hibs must have spent in the last 2 season dealing with queries and complaint regarding the LP scheme, is money the club can't afford to waste.

At the end of the day we only sell out a couple of games a season prior to general sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Will no doubt miss any away midweek cup games plus one or two away games due to holidays booked so its not worth it for us. Wont be a problem getting tickets anywhere apart from dumbarton imo. It still leaves nearly 1600 for falkirk if we sell the 350 away season tickets so shouldnt be that hard to pick up tickets.
    The Dumbarton games went to public sale last season. It's not something I'll be taking up, I'd be fairly confident of getting tickets anyway.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    Agreed.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    Yep but it has less consequences for others.

The loyalty scheme probably worked fine in itself but wasn't really needed either so it caused more admin issues than it solved.

@hibs.net private member

Official Site: AWAY SEASON TICKET SCHEME LAUNCHED

It seems to me that at the moment the loyalty scheme is still active - in fact it is being used on this occasion to give some early purchase opportunity - and then ironically disbanded immediately. :)

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    I buy a Hibernian season ticket knowing that due to holidays etc I will miss a couple of home games I don't mind as I know my money is going to Hibs. Purchasing away tickets for a game I cannot attend means my money is going to the likes of Dumbarton, Falkirk etc. So its a no from me.

Hibs say you can sell the away ticket if you are unable to use it. Trying to get rid of a ticket to QoS for a Tuesday night in December could prove difficult, then you would have to collect the ticket from ER and meet up with the person purchasing it from you.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I liked the loyalty point system and IMO should have been retained.

The ones making most noise about it were the ones who only went to away games occasionally.

Only mistake for me was the nonsense with HSL.
    Yep, absolutely this.

I liked the loyalty points system. It could have been improved (re-jig the tiered approach etc) but I think it's daft to scrap it altogether when it worked well for the most part.