hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many pitch invasions by cup, league, play off winning supporters every season? How many bad losers attack celebrating supporters? If Hibs sent me a letter for being on the pitch i'd have one thing to say to them.
    How many pitch invasions end with fighting among fans, police horses on the pitch, a barrier of police officers, a cancelled lap of honour and an official inquiry?

If Hibs speak directly to fans, and The Rangers don't, then it will stand us in good stead when the punishments are handed out.

And if the fans who were on the pitch can't understand the reason for this, and fail to turn up for their "word to the wise" meeting, then they've only got themselves to blame if their accounts are closed.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Let's hope it's a wind up and the young lad who is the future support of the Club is in the clear.

Hibs let Matt Doherty wander around the Hampden pitch in 2012 while the SC Final was in full flow and he wasn't pulled up.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    So pulling the goal-frame down and the pitch up was unintentional. **** off.
    Thousands of folk went onto the pitch.

Thousands of people went on with no intention whatsoever of causing trouble.

Some pulled the goals down. Some went boxing.

Anyone who hit a Rangers player should get the book thrown at them. Anyone who was fighting Rangers fans should get the book thrown at them. They should be allowed to defend their actions but I won't be defending what they did.

Anyone who deliberately damaged anything should be punished and Hibs should have to cough up for the damage.

Thousands of people were caught up in the exuberance of a moment, didn't do any harm and shouldn't be punished.

You can take your hand-wringing attitude and **** right off yourself.

I think this will be a wee slap on the wrist and Hibs will be doing this to make sure it doesn't happen again by coming across hard on the issue and not taking it lightly. I have no problem with this if that's all it is however if its anything more than that then I would be disappointed at a time when there is a good feeling around the club fans and supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Thousands of folk went onto the pitch.

Thousands of people went on with no intention whatsoever of causing trouble.

Some pulled the goals down. Some went boxing.

Anyone who hit a Rangers player should get the book thrown at them. Anyone who was fighting Rangers fans should get the book thrown at them. They should be allowed to defend their actions but I won't be defending what they did.

Anyone who deliberately damaged anything should be punished and Hibs should have to cough up for the damage.

Thousands of people were caught up in the exuberance of a moment, didn't do any harm and shouldn't be punished.

You can take your hand-wringing attitude and **** right off yourself.
    Who says they are being punished? If Hibs call them into a meeting, explain what they did could cost the club a hefty fine and warn them as to their future conduct at matches I think they are getting off lightly. If Hibs do decide to withdraw their STs they've nobody to blame but themselves. Terms & conditions have been printed on the back of tickets for years.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Nothing further should be said about this until the "account on hold" enforced meeting takes place.

I think it is too bizarre a letter that it has to be a wind up.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    Nothing further should be said about this until the "account on hold" enforced meeting takes place.

I think it is too bizarre a letter that it has to be a wind up.
    It's been confirmed that it is real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Neither affects me, so I am OK.......
    Hhhhmmm I can confirm he's telling the truth lol

GGTTH

First Team Regular Canon Hannan's Avatar
    I would go along and ask them to formally complain to the SFA about sectarian singing from The Rangers fans on numerous occasions against our manager and Catholics. Are Hibs persuing this?

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FromTheCapital View Post
    It's been confirmed that it is real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just because someone from Hibs answers an email doesn't mean it's real. Has the safety officer confirmed it is real?

If it is real, I would still wait until the meeting takes place before discussing this any further.

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe it's a away of the club reducing what punishment could come our way.

Maybe the lack of cup final merchandise is also linked to the possible punishment.

Who knows

Notice aswell that The Rangers fans have been receiving ban letters.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    Notice aswell that The Rangers fans have been receiving ban letters.
    Have they? I'd hope so but I hadn't heard anything about it.

First Team Regular Canon Hannan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Maybe it's a away of the club reducing what punishment could come our way.

Maybe the lack of cup final merchandise is also linked to the possible punishment.

Who knows
    The 'I was on the pitch' unofficial T shirts are selling well mind you 😂😂

Who says they are being punished? If Hibs call them into a meeting, explain what they did could cost the club a hefty fine and warn them as to their future conduct at matches I think they are getting off lightly. If Hibs do decide to withdraw their STs they've nobody to blame but themselves. Terms & conditions have been printed on the back of tickets for years.
    You obviously like to live life by the letter of the law and very precisely by the rules.

I wasn't on the pitch at Hampden. I was on the pitch when we won the league at Firhill and I seem to remember being on ER when we were presented with the trophy.

The terms and conditions were on the back of the tickets back then. Should I be censured for this now? Just because nobody went scrapping with Thistle or Falkirk fans, tore the goals apart or ripped the pitch up, it didn't make any difference to what I did.

My conduct on those days wasn't any different to many thousands of Hibs fans on May 21st. I don't believe in incriminating thousands of folk who ultimately didn't do any harm but I believe 100% on focussing on those who did.

I reckon you've fallen hook, line and sinker for the media and Rangers' nonsense.

Coaching Staff
    Yep taking season tickets off fans who just had a wander on the pitch would be proportionate right enough.

Too many of you taken in by the reaction to this I think and not the reality of what the experience on the day was all about.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Sorry but that's massive overkill and I'm sure you know that. Football clubs talking to thousands individually to tick off that they have taken all action. No danger.

If that's the route Hibs have gone then it's very badly thought through.
    They won't be able to identify "thousands" to talk to, but if they contact those that they can put a name to, a few dozen mybe, then it shows that they are taking it seriously.

It might also stop the police from taking their enquiries any further too.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Hit view and zoom on your browser and you'll see the phone number at the bottom of the page.
    That is the club fone no, not his.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Have they? I'd hope so but I hadn't heard anything about it.
    http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/297833-rangers-starting-to-hang-their-fans-out-to-dry/

Apologies for the link

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Its a bit silly IMO, if they have identified someone who was on the pitch, i can sort of understand them sending them a letter telling them off.

Letting them know they should not have been on the park, but asking to see them and making an example of a 16 year old is daft. If this is real and i have my doubts, in my opinion they should not have bothered their erse.

Unfortunately this letter is genuine. I got one today as well. Like most people I too went on the pitch to celebrate and take a selfie. The photo is however on Facebook so I guess that is how I have been identified. I will be devastated if I get banned for this!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Anyone remember after the last visit how things are going to be much better the next time we visit Ibrox, because Hibs have had dialogue with sevco and they want a chance to address those problems.

Good luck with that bollox the next time you travel to that cesspit. Christ almighty, they will need to knock down a forest for the letters they should be sending to that mob.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/297833-rangers-starting-to-hang-their-fans-out-to-dry/

Apologies for the link
    Good Lord, could only read a page before I began losing faith in humanity. Unbelievable stuff on there.

Absolutely disgraceful from Hibs. If this is true I shall be returning my season ticket. Embarrassing from the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    They won't be able to identify "thousands" to talk to, but if they contact those that they can put a name to, a few dozen mybe, then it shows that they are taking it seriously.

It might also stop the police from taking their enquiries any further too.
    This.

The club will identify a few and prove 'action' has been taken. I think Hibs are 'playing the game' here.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Absolutely disgraceful from Hibs. If this is true I shall be returning my season ticket. Embarrassing from the club.
    Nah, what's embarrassing is the reaction of some drama queens on here. The letter isn't threatening in any way and no one knows what Hibs might have been told to do by lawyers etc.

The boys not gonna get banned. He'll get a 5 minute meeting and Hibs can show that they are being pro-active.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Its true I have the same letter

That's it, I'm sending my season ticket back. I'm gonna burn the photo of me with the Scottish cup and I'm gonna rip out my east terrace stone.

I've never been so disgusted with my club complete embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Nah, what's embarrassing is the reaction of some drama queens on here. The letter isn't threatening in any way and no one knows what Hibs might have been told to do by lawyers etc.

The boys not gonna get banned. He'll get a 5 minute meeting and Hibs can show that they are being pro-active.

Fans should tell them to ram their meeting up their Arse. Wonder if teams down England sent out letters to their fans when there were pitch invasions during the play offs?

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Can't believe this. I didn't go on the pitch myself but know loads who did. Complete own goal by Hibs sending these out. The weejia will have a field day as it just brings the whole thing up again. Has someone at Hibs been trawling through Facebook looking for pictures of people on the pitch or are non-Hibs fans grassing others up? Is police time being used trawling social media for pitch invaders?

As per the laddie who was on the pitch, on no account should he agree to go in on his own. To the adult going with him, keep the heid cause if it was my bairn I'd be tempted to lose it.

If the letter isn't a hoax of course.
    Last edited by Bishop Hibee; 26-07-2016 at 03:28 PM.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire