hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I hope he won't get more than a nominal ticking-off for this. I wasn't on the Hampden pitch, but was on a pitch a couple of years ago after a lower division play-off game. There was no trouble, just celebrating fans, so no action was ever taken against anyone.

Pitch invasions after playoffs have been quite routine in the lower leagues. I've seen club board members on the field.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FromTheCapital View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sadly not mate.

Hibs want to meet with him. I think it'll be a slap on the wrist but it's still a farce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hope this is all it is. Self flagellation will play into the GFA and the rangers hands.

What are the rangers doing about their invasion which really just was about violence as the pictures show? Appreciate there's no point in people who can't write sending letters to people that can't read.

They might use the opportunity to root out the bell ends singing banned songs?
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 26-07-2016 at 01:24 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Or Hibs are covering thier own backs by getting in touch with those that can be identified to show they have been pro-active in dealing with those who did enter the pitch.

Chances are if the lad goes to Hibs and says, i went on the pitch to celebrate, took a photo and went back to the stand when asked he will be told he's a very naughty boy and not to do it again (nudge nudge wink wink) Hibs then turn round to the SFA and tell them its been dealt with and they haven't got a leg to stand on if they try and impose a fine on us.
    I think the bottom line here is that we don't know who is leaning on Hibs, and how hard in order to deal with this as strictly as possible.

I'd be amazed if Hibs were chasing 16 year olds who went onto the pitch in sheer jubilation to take a selfie, all off their own back.

@hibs.net private member
    I couldn't believe it when he told me.

If he'd ran on and broke the goals or ripped up the park or went fighting I'd completely understand it but a meeting for running on and getting a photo is disgraceful imo.

I can honestly swear that if he gets banned then there will be 5 or 6 season tickets returned already...

Firstly it's a waste of their time and our time, it's also complete pandering to the Hun hordes we went on to the park to celebrate they came on to fight. Only in Scotland do you get castigated for celebrating but then again we did beat their favourite sons.

Go with him and tell them how pathetic it is.

The fact people are losing jobs/season tickets etc over all this is mind-blowing. Especially the guy who was charged with running at Wes Foderingham, not hitting him or anything like that but running at him.

Jesus we get abused worse than that everytime we go through to Ibrox and you don't see OUR club doing anything about that.

Time we stood up for our own IMO
    Last edited by andrew70; 26-07-2016 at 01:25 PM.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    I reckon they will do it in batches of about 100 or so people. They will be issued with a piece of paper and a pencil and be required to write down 100 times. "I should never have ran onto the pitch and deeply regret any embarrassment caused to Hibernian Football Club". Only when finished will they be allowed back into ER.

Sadly not mate.

Hibs want to meet with him. I think it'll be a slap on the wrist but it's still a farce.

You sure it's not some of his mates at the wind up ?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Tell him to say he went onto the pitch to protect the rangers players. He'll get a medal and a double page spread in the daily record.

United we stand here....

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Nope.

He didn't do anything on the pitch which was 'bad'. He ran on once there was thousands on and he went to the penalty area, got a photo then ran back to the stand. He didn't participate in any violence or vandalism.

One of his pals put the photo of them on Facebook so that's probably how they were caught out.

Letter from Hibs this morning telling him to arrange a meeting.

Tell them to Bolt, and if they put any ban or whatever on you, post it on here and I'll be right back up at the office returning my S.T.

This club has suffered 114 years of agonising pain and we have all suffered a lifetime of the same and if invading the pitch to celebrate after winning the Holy Grail is to punished, then fitba isnae a worth a hand job.
    There are those who made a bee-line to the huns end and they need to be dealt with, but 99.9% of the Hibbies on the pitch were simply overcome with an unbelievable emotion of joy/relief and every other happiness that can come to mind.
    My mates wee 4 year old laddie just took off and was on the pitch before we knew it, and obviously my mate had to go after him. If the club want to pull them up for that then they are not the people I have been giving them credit for.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyStokeprano View Post
    Nah mate, it's an official letter from Hibs. I'd put it on here but I'd rather not expose it right now.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Or Hibs are covering thier own backs by getting in touch with those that can be identified to show they have been pro-active in dealing with those who did enter the pitch.

Chances are if the lad goes to Hibs and says, i went on the pitch to celebrate, took a photo and went back to the stand when asked he will be told he's a very naughty boy and not to do it again (nudge nudge wink wink) Hibs then turn round to the SFA and tell them its been dealt with and they haven't got a leg to stand on if they try and impose a fine on us.
    That will be it exactly so the club can mitigate their position. Cant imagine there is anything to worry about if you have done nothing more than go on the pitch. Arrange the meeting and turn up and apologise saying shouldnt have been on the pitch but as Stubbsy said 'cant condone but can understand' and Rodders said 'not malicious 114 years of pent up emotion, only exuberance'. Maybe he can get an unofficial picture with the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStokeprano View Post
    That was my first thought too. Not difficult to make it look like an official letter

Nope.

He didn't do anything on the pitch which was 'bad'. He ran on once there was thousands on and he went to the penalty area, got a photo then ran back to the stand. He didn't participate in any violence or vandalism.

One of his pals put the photo of them on Facebook so that's probably how they were caught out.

Letter from Hibs this morning telling him to arrange a meeting.

If that's the case then I presume Hibs are sending out about 3,000 letters. This sounds barmy and well over the top to me .... why ask the kid to come to the stadium when a letter saying 'behave yersel in future' would have sufficed? Have we not got better things to do

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    Firstly it's a waste of their time and our time, it's also complete pandering to the Hun hordes we went on to the park to celebrate they came on to fight. Only in Scotland do you get castigated for celebrating but then again we did beat their favourite sons.

The fact people are losing jobs/season tickets etc over all this is mind-blowing. Especially the guy who was charged with running at Wes Foderingham, not hitting him or anything like that but running at him.

Jesus we get abused worse than that everytime we go through to Ibrox and you don't see OUR club doing anything about that.

Great post forward this to hibs 💚

Nah mate, it's an official letter from Hibs. I'd put it on here but I'd rather not expose it right now.

Photoshop skills are insane these days, can't believe the club are wanting individual meetings with fans, it would waste so much time lol

Feel pretty bad for the young lad. 16 year old he is probably bricking it.

Hibs need to have a word and put this in perspective. Sounds like they are dancing to the beat of James Jabba Traynor and the west coast media's drumbeat on this.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Tell him to say he went onto the pitch to protect the rangers players. He'll get a medal and a double page spread in the daily record.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    Tell them to Bolt, and if they put any ban or whatever on you, post it on here and I'll be right back up at the office returning my S.T.

This club has suffered 114 years of agonising pain and we have all suffered a lifetime of the same and if invading the pitch to celebrate after winning the Holy Grail is to punished, then fitba isnae a worth a hand job.
    There are those who made a bee-line to the huns end and they need to be dealt with, but 99.9% of the Hibbies on the pitch were simply overcome with an unbelievable emotion of joy/relief and every other happiness that can come to mind.
    My mates wee 4 year old laddie just took off and was on the pitch before we knew it, and obviously my mate had to go after him. If the club want to pull them up for that then they are not the people I have been giving them credit for.
    Enough is enough now. What if the police insist that hibs give them the names of the people who have been sent letters? It's bad enough that the Huns and their cohorts in the media have tried to demonise us without our own club doing the same. This is a step to far imo and as you say he should tell them to bolt. The new season is almost upon us and the club don't need to be stirring things up at this stage.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    hahaha so funny but worryingly pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post

Yeah can't disagree with any of that.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Or Hibs are covering their own backs by getting in touch with those that can be identified to show they have been pro-active in dealing with those who did enter the pitch.

This is exactly what Hibs are doing and why

Do you really think the club have nothing better to do.

This will also be costing the club an absolute fortune, money they could and would have liked to have spent elsewhere.

I know why it happened, but maybe now those that did it can now see that their actions have and continue to harm the club, albeit for most involved unwittingly.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    I think his mum/dad was going to go along with him.

The E-mail was from Robert McGregor, Hibs' Football Safety Officer, not Leeann Dempster.

Robbie McGregor, is employed by Hibs as Football Safety Officer

Gamer IDs

There you go folks

Am I correct in saying the findings from the independent review are due out at the end of this week?

Quite looking forward to seeing what comes out of it.

As for this letter, what a complete waste of time and money. I would hope it was nothing more than his friends taking the proverbial Michael.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    If it is real, then it can't possibly be the only letter that has been sent out.

Has anyone else received a similar letter?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post

As one of a number who were spat on by a sub human supporter of the now defunct Glasgow rangers at ibrox i agree with all of this.

You get a feel for why we should look after our own from when we reported it to a sneering cop who asked what we expected if we come to ibrox.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    There you go folks

Pretty shoddy grammar, if it is genuine.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post

This is exactly what Hibs are doing and why

Do you really think the club have nothing better to do.

This will also be costing the club an absolute fortune, money they could and would have liked to have spent elsewhere.

I know why it happened, but maybe now those that did it can now see that their actions have and continue to harm the club, albeit for most involved unwittingly.
    I'd rather they told any inquiry or body that they have taken action against individuals involved in violence or damage and that they have given a general message to all others, which they have done.

Preferable to take a rap for not going far enough if that's what's coming than this sort of pathetic action.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Pretty shoddy grammar, if it is genuine.
    I promise you it is genuine mate.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    There you go folks

Okay...I don't believe that is genuine. In "early course"??? Wtf does that mean? The paper doesn't look officially/properly letter-headed. Much of the text sounds like it comes from the past official club communications and statements on the matter. Plus, it doesn't say they have evidence, they have "information" which INFERS...Also, it's just you saying you got one, and there were thousands on the pitch. Fake, IMHO. Total bs.

Can you log on to the database to check his account status? Or call the person who sent it to ask them to confirm they sent it?
    Last edited by The Green Goblin; 26-07-2016 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simkin911 View Post
    This must surely be a wind up?

Maybe at each home match the programme could have 100 photos of those on the pitch - after a couple of seasons all may be identified. Then we'd wonder why we've only sold 5000 season tickets for the next again season.
    Or maybe they could just call up the fudknockers who commit an illegal act that gets Hibs in deep **** then publish the proof on a public social media site.

They should get a slap on the wrists and free entry to next years Darwin Awards.

Left by mutual consent!
    Tell hibs to shove it if it's real. Don't let them quiz him at all unless the police get involved. Until then, his accounts on hold but it's not said anywhere that he's banned from games or under arrest.