hibs.net Messageboard

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Similarly does anyone really believe that if we had the Pope, The Queen and Mother Theresa telling everyone we were in bed with them at the time and couldn't have done it that the outcome would have been any different?

Hibs have sensibly kept their own counsel on this and tried to deal with matters internally in order to avoid fuelling the flames.

Its a pity that some in our support not only couldn't have done the same, but have gone out of their way to fling **** at the club and stir the problem up externally.

Regardless of any mitigating circumstances fans shouldn't have been on the park, that the vast vast majority were there for entirely peaceable reasons doesn't matter as they were unfortunately caught up in the lawlessness that followed.

Its entirely reasonable that they are asked questions and the outrage of those that are being asked them or those taking umbrage is futile, divisive and completely against the clubs interests.

If you were on the pitch, man up and take what's coming to you, don't bleat about it and the blame the club, it was you that was on the pitch ergo it is your responsibility.

The most basic question folk needed to ask themselves was " do you really think the club want to be doing this?"

As the answer is a definite no, then you can see they feel they are being forced to, maybe instead of beating them up over it we should be supporting them and following their lead?

The board have a legal duty to seek professional advice on matters outwith their ken or can be held personally liable for not doing so.

They have done so and been given professional advice over how to play this.

if the advice they received has led them to taking these actions they have my full support
    That's the trouble with the Law. It's an ass.

2. Log in to remove the advert

100 pager..

Out of interest when exactly is the findings of the "independent inquiry" due to be released?

Do I get banned from Hibs TV if caught?

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Nonsense. Sheer jubilation took them down the stairs to get as near the action as possible. I take it the hundreds of fans that ran down to the front after each of the goals were also trying to get on the pitch?

We have no obligation to be sending these letters and forcing fans in to meeting with the club. It's pandering to the huns, weegie media, SFA and Police Scotland who were left with egg on their face after they failed to properly police the event.

As a club we've already done more than enough to address what happened including handing out numerous bans, something which the other club involved don't seem to have done at all.

The club hasn't done itself any favours since the cup final
    All of this, spot on.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    In years to come, when 30000 Hibbies claim to have been on the pitch,at least you'll have this letter to prove that you were indeed one of the few whilst others have to convince folk that a wee patch of their lawn came from Hampden on that day.

It's a nice wee momento to add to your ticket stub and programme etc.

Get it framed :)

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    In years to come, when 30000 Hibbies claim to have been on the pitch,at least you'll have this letter to prove that you were indeed one of the few whilst others have to convince folk that a wee patch of their lawn came from Hampden on that day.

It's a nice wee momento to add to your ticket stub and programme etc.

Get it framed :)
    Great shout... Just wished they spelt my name right now.

I phoned the club up this morning and apparently this guy is off on holiday until Monday. Falkirk tickets on sale tomorrow... Am I innocent until proven guilty or can I no buy a ticket because he's away to seton sands for a week?

Having gone through my Facebook where there are no incriminating photos of me.. And on Twitter it's some impressive CSI stuff to pick my name out. Not bitter as I fully understand Hibs have to be seen to be doing all they can but... I do feel Lee Wallace may have a part to play in this

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post
    100 pager..

Out of interest when exactly is the findings of the "independent inquiry" due to be released?
    They said they wanted it done and dusted before the new season started but no idea when any report will be published
    I know i want to see the whole report but wonder if it will be available to anyone that requests it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    I'm sure it was asked earlier but if they have a photo of "John Smith" on the pitch, how do they know that it's the "John Smith" that's on the database??

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    That's the trouble with the Law. It's an ass.
    In this case I would agree

In general terms though I think Directors having personal liability for certain things is a good thing and should be extended

It might stop the Philip Greens of this world

Btw I am a company director so this isn't an anti director rant!
    Last edited by BSEJVT; 27-07-2016 at 07:14 PM.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    I'm sure it was asked earlier but if they have a photo of "John Smith" on the pitch, how do they know that it's the "John Smith" that's on the database??
    They don't, but according to some the club have a legal responsibility to do something or maybe Petrie as Chairman gets charged for breaking this law that Hibs have a responsibility to uphold.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    That would be offensive behaviour act on individual, nothing to do with Hibs, does anyone understand Law, or are we just all being facetious?
    had it only be a few folk i don't think a lot would have happened but due to the sheer volume, damaged to goals, ripped pitch and the sevconians storming the pitch to square go anyone wearing green this is the end result.

having looked over Facebook etc some folk are just dismissing it as a bit of "fun", but as the law states its illegal to storm the pitch and i believe a lot of people are just blinkered to it and think its acceptable due to winning the cup.

i completely understand emotions were running high but it is what it is, i personally hope its only a slap on the wrist for the folk involved but nobody knows what will happen

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    All part of the plan of making folk use the correct turnstiles. When you swipe your ticket and enter a digital image of your face is recorded. These images are matched up to ST used,once same person uses the ST a few times the image is assumed to be the named ST holder.

:-)

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    They said they wanted it done and dusted before the new season started but no idea when any report will be published
    I know i want to see the whole report but wonder if it will be available to anyone that requests it

I am interested in the missing 28 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    I am interested in the missing 28 pages.
    Looking forward to page 92 which starts They have only gone and done t , What kept you Hibs oh **** where are all he Police and Stewards

First Team Breakthrough Tollhouse Hibee's Avatar
    For what it's worth, and I was at a wedding so couldn't be there, but if you go on the pitch and get caught you have to accept it It's no different to taking a piss up a close and getting caught by the pigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollhouse Hibee View Post
    For what it's worth, and I was at a wedding so couldn't be there, but if you go on the pitch and get caught you have to accept it It's no different to taking a piss up a close and getting caught by the pigs.
    Sounds painful.

No letter for me.
    Hoods are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Nonsense. Sheer jubilation took them down the stairs to get as near the action as possible. I take it the hundreds of fans that ran down to the front after each of the goals were also trying to get on the pitch?

We have no obligation to be sending these letters and forcing fans in to meeting with the club. It's pandering to the huns, weegie media, SFA and Police Scotland who were left with egg on their face after they failed to properly police the event.

As a club we've already done more than enough to address what happened including handing out numerous bans, something which the other club involved don't seem to have done at all.

The club hasn't done itself any favours since the cup final.
    Agree totally as per usual with Hibs there is no need to do this, I hope at some point they respond to Sevco and their lies but I doubt it. Feel good factor is great at the moment hibs need to be careful or all the good work will have been wasted. Letters to young boys who went onto the park to celebrate is a joke, all this just so we pander to the west coast media, the blame for this is the inadequate police response when we equalised and the lack of planning from the SFA. As for not getting the lap of honour that was done purely to spite us, do you think if Celtic fans had invaded the pitch would they stop their players from coming out with the cup, none of them thought we had any chance, look at Stewart Regan face in the tunnel as two sevco officials took him to the side, one of them handing him a mobile, ask yourself who was he speaking to on a mobile phone. Regan is like Doncaster they will do anything for sevco

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollhouse Hibee View Post
    "getting caught by the pigs"..........really ?...JHC
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Can whoever this is explain what law obliges Hibs to investigate? Sounds completely made up.
    Yes it does sound unlikely,would I love to know is how the organisation ,Hibernian FC is obliged to investigate information from any source,if its criminal activity that is a matter for the police and Fiscals office, anything other than that cannot see what it could be that has generated this set of actions from Hibernian FC.

I am increasingly concerned that these actions are not well thought out ,may indeed have unintended consequences for the club and more importantly the support.

At the very least this has been poorly handled ,again,I am really unsure and unhappy about the actions the Board and/or its representatives are following,we have been here before, have we not.

Feel good factor, positive feelings for the season ahead all evaporating ,I think since the cup win there has been singular lack of posiitve actions from the leadership at Hibs ,new manager excepted. IMHO

Just saw it on 10 30 news showing a clip of fans on the pitch confirming hibs had banned temporarily a number of fans identified as being on the pitch until they have a meeting with the Club
    West of Scotland STV news
    Nothing about The Rangers lack of Action re their fans
    We as a Club are going to be in the lime light in a negative way till this is finally dealt with
    Think Hibs should be pushing for definite time frame now as really don't want this dragging on
    We all know what the issues are they and lets put this to ned now and get a line drawn under it

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandMoaner View Post
    Agree totally as per usual with Hibs there is no need to do this, I hope at some point they respond to Sevco and their lies but I doubt it. Feel good factor is great at the moment hibs need to be careful or all the good work will have been wasted. Letters to young boys who went onto the park to celebrate is a joke, all this just so we pander to the west coast media, the blame for this is the inadequate police response when we equalised and the lack of planning from the SFA. As for not getting the lap of honour that was done purely to spite us, do you think if Celtic fans had invaded the pitch would they stop their players from coming out with the cup, none of them thought we had any chance, look at Stewart Regan face in the tunnel as two sevco officials took him to the side, one of them handing him a mobile, ask yourself who was he speaking to on a mobile phone. Regan is like Doncaster they will do anything for sevco
    I don't know who he was speaking to but I imagine these words could have been part of what he heard.

"Whisky Tango Foxtrot! Hibs won? Oh crap. How are we to stop a pitch invasion when we are heading to Ibrox for the perty?"

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    STV news said Police Scotland have stated that they have nothing to do with the letters being sent out. So who was this third party that apparently provided Hibs with a list of names?

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    STV news said Police Scotland have stated that they have nothing to do with the letters being sent out. So who was this third party that apparently provided Hibs with a list of names?

And why did the club take any action based on that third party information?

Weedgieleaks

@hibs.net private member
    I thought it was common knowledge that it was Lee Wallace?

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    And why did the club take any action based on that third party information?
    Hibs were asked for comment but refused.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    Yes it does sound unlikely,would I love to know is how the organisation ,Hibernian FC is obliged to investigate information from any source,if its criminal activity that is a matter for the police and Fiscals office, anything other than that cannot see what it could be that has generated this set of actions from Hibernian FC.

I am increasingly concerned that these actions are not well thought out ,may indeed have unintended consequences for the club and more importantly the support.

At the very least this has been poorly handled ,again,I am really unsure and unhappy about the actions the Board and/or its representatives are following,we have been here before, have we not.

Feel good factor, positive feelings for the season ahead all evaporating ,I think since the cup win there has been singular lack of posiitve actions from the leadership at Hibs ,new manager excepted. IMHO

Donkeys' years ago, (early 1990s?), the police said to the SFA: we'd rather not get involved (within reason), but if you don't start taking control and dealing with bad behaviour, then that's what will happen. They were talking, as I remember, about violence on the field of play at that time. I wonder if this is similar though? The police would rather not /don't have the resources to deal with the pitch invasion (outside of clear criminal behaviour), and would prefer, ideally, that the football authorities or clubs deal with it. Assuming that folks requested to attend are simply reminded of their legal obligations, and asked not to do it again, it seems to me to be a reasonably low-key way out of the situation for everyone involved. I can't see that prosecuting non-violent (or vandalising) pitch-invaders is in anyone's interests?

Hibs were asked for comment but refused.

Hmm,here we go again,sure looks like old habits die hard at this club.

How some posters can possibly be upset to see our club taking every step it can to deal with those who illegally entered the field of play that day, is ridiculous.
    Do we need reminding that the baying authorities (with the power to hit our club where it hurts) are watching from the wings?