hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Hot tubs

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar

Hot tubs

Anyone got one ? I have and its the best £400 i have ever spent ! ( Apart fae ma season ticket !) I have the water levels with the chlorine crystals and the PH thingy to a tee so the water is clear and clean, But my question to anyone that has one is even when your NOT using the tub do you still put in the dailly intake of chlorine granules ?..Every morning i throw in 2 teaspoons off chlorine granules as the manual tells me to do so so by the time i get in it later on the water is crystal clear but if i was to not use my tub for say a week i wasn't sure if i'm still to throw in the allocated amount of granules dailly ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Another thing, It tells me to leave the tub plugged in all the time even when not in use, A dinnae hink so the plug would get soaked !

@hibs.net private member woodythehibee's Avatar
    Always wanted to get a hot tub in my garden. Any idea how much it costs to run per year?

Depends how often you use it mate

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends how often you use it mate
    £400 for a hot tub? I thought they were an order of magnitude more than that.

My garden is overlooked unfortunately so either way I'll save the neighbours the sight of me in speedos.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmesdale Hibs View Post

My garden is overlooked unfortunately so either way I'll save the neighbours the sight of me in speedos.
    You can get pergola/gazebo type structures that give a little privacy. There's a house up Craigmount way that has one, I walked passed one winter evening and you could see the steam rising and hear the chinking of glasses along with too much hilarity for my liking,,,personally I think they were one step away from throwing the car keys into the fruit bowl!

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    You can get pergola/gazebo type structures that give a little privacy. There's a house up Craigmount way that has one, I walked passed one winter evening and you could see the steam rising and hear the chinking of glasses along with too much hilarity for my liking,,,personally I think they were one step away from throwing the car keys into the fruit bowl!

I got a wee cheapo gazebo that went over my hot tub and it was the bees knees when you were inside it BUT Monday we had high winds were i am and the gazebo fell doon so i'm looking for a half decent one if anyone kens where to get a decent sturdy yin.