hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Radge70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a supporter, I'm afraid I'd feel even less a part of the club if I felt I needed to pay that kind of premium for the opportunity to mix with the players and staff. I know that the likes of Justin Bieber is whacking an extra £1000 onto the price of his show tickets so that his young fans can get a laminated ticket and a group selfie with him but i think that's just plain wrong. Although I accept everything does have a price, I'm just saying that I don't feel this type of deal is being done in good spirits and would prefer to see the remaining places on the charter flight being made available at a budget that might be within the means of the more hard core element of Hibs supporters, of whom I'm sure our players would much rather mix with anyway. I'm unsure as to whether or not teams specifically "name their hotel" before a game but I know from experience that it's never a secret (once finding myself in the same hotel as the Real Madrid team and about a thousand hanger-on-ers prior to a classico). That's irrelevant anyway because if you are being asked to pay money like that then it is reasonable for you to be told up front where you will be staying.
    Its probably to late now but if we knew this a few days ago we could have done a Hibs.net raffle for a chance of winning a ticket, i dunno how many would part with, say 20 quid with any extra going to a good cause

2. Log in to remove the advert

Don't really think it's a question of whether or not this price is competitive, it's whether or not Hibs are acting in good spirits by charging their fans £750 to join them on a flight that they needed to charter anyway. They don't even name the hotel and all that is missing is the bit about how other guests in the hotel would be jealous if they knew how cheap your room was, so the hotel wants to keep it a secret!

They also try to dress this up as a "package" by saying it includes transfers and match tickets etc (which in reality are worth next to nothing). I'd maybe consider it if they chucked in a free meal at Celtic park with cash bar to make up for the lack of meals in the hotel but my feeling for now is that £750 is a bit exploitative.

Its only exploitation if the rate they are charging is higher that the actual unit cost per head. My understanding is it's not. That's the price of chartering a plane - if you think you can do cheaper nobody is stopping you offer a fans package. Think you should go and try chartering a plane and see how much it actually costs before you start taking a pop at the price. Your not just paying for a return flight, you're actually paying for the return flight plus two empty plane flights so the plane can get to and from its home airport and then the cost of the crew and the plane sitting ideal for a day while they wait for team to play the game and return. Think you should at least do you homework first. What would you prefer, the club pay £750 a seat and hand it out at half the price and loose money on the deal.

The difference with a scheduled flight is that the plane is making the trip regularly so has a cheaper landing slot, once it drops you off it flies off and makes more money flying to other destinations and then brings more people to the airport you now want to leave from, and keeps doing the cycle round the cities it services.

I've no complaints on the price. Just think they should have launched it a week or so ago. Would have saved a couple of my mates scrambling about arrange flights when they would have quite happily paid the money to travel on the club plane.
    Last edited by 0762; 19-07-2016 at 01:57 AM.

As a supporter, I'm afraid I'd feel even less a part of the club if I felt I needed to pay that kind of premium for the opportunity to mix with the players and staff. I know that the likes of Justin Bieber is whacking an extra £1000 onto the price of his show tickets so that his young fans can get a laminated ticket and a group selfie with him but i think that's just plain wrong. Although I accept everything does have a price, I'm just saying that I don't feel this type of deal is being done in good spirits and would prefer to see the remaining places on the charter flight being made available at a budget that might be within the means of the more hard core element of Hibs supporters, of whom I'm sure our players would much rather mix with anyway. I'm unsure as to whether or not teams specifically "name their hotel" before a game but I know from experience that it's never a secret (once finding myself in the same hotel as the Real Madrid team and about a thousand hanger-on-ers prior to a classico). That's irrelevant anyway because if you are being asked to pay money like that then it is reasonable for you to be told up front where you will be staying.
    The players will probably just blank anybody taking up this offer because they are so miffed at not getting to mix with the hard core element. Anybody taking up this offer had better take a book or something because they won't be getting to join in with the players I Spy games on the plane, that's for sure.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I think it's expensive and not something i'd take up, but nobody is forcing me to do so.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Don't really think it's a question of whether or not this price is competitive, it's whether or not Hibs are acting in good spirits by charging their fans £750 to join them on a flight that they needed to charter anyway. They don't even name the hotel and all that is missing is the bit about how other guests in the hotel would be jealous if they knew how cheap your room was, so the hotel wants to keep it a secret!

They also try to dress this up as a "package" by saying it includes transfers and match tickets etc (which in reality are worth next to nothing). I'd maybe consider it if they chucked in a free meal at Celtic park with cash bar to make up for the lack of meals in the hotel but my feeling for now is that £750 is a bit exploitative.
    Why would they offer you a meal at Celtic Park?

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    How many teams would name their hotel they are staying in before a game? I was in the team hotel in Malmo and it was a great experience mixing with the players and staff. I doubt that anyone on this trip I s going to end up in a crap hotel and more than likely the team hotel. But RP is being tight they could have chucked in breakfast.
    It's a nice hotel - I've been in others of the chain before.

Looking forward to it.

First Team Breakthrough Yuillsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wazoo1875 View Post
    You not heading over G ?
    I'm away over on Thursday morning😃
    Unfortunately not mate. We're away on holiday soon and I can't afford this too. Gutted though, would love to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    It's a nice hotel - I've been in others of the chain before.

Looking forward to it.

I would Imagine its the Radisson Blu if Hibs are doing the same as last trip.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    I'm on the charter and know the hotel we are staying. Don't know if the team are in the same one tho.

If you dont fancy this deal is there any need to come on here to moan non stop about it?

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Believe the team are in a different hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    If you dont fancy this deal is there any need to come on here to moan non stop about it?

Another stick to bash the club unnecessarily
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    If they charged £500 people would still complain it's too much.

If it was £200 people would complain it's too late after they've just spent more organising their own trip.

They can't please everyone but at least it provides an option if you want it.

Am gutted to find out that after decades of following Hibs home and away, I'm not considered hard core.
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Am gutted to find out that after decades of following Hibs home and away, I'm not considered hard core.
    It's the players I feel sorry for.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    It's the players I feel sorry for.
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member
    I absolutely expect to see a selfie with you and the players!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    I absolutely expect to see a selfie with you and the players!

He's got the Box Brownie at the ready

BoxBrownie.jpg

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post

Another stick to bash the club unnecessarily
    The only time I will ever "bash" the club is over the various rip-off initiatives they continually come up with that are designed to exploit their own. It may be that the more hard core you are the easier you can be held to ransom but it would have been a nice touch for them to have repaid the deserving fans with a reasonably priced package (for a plane that they had chartered anyway). Despite a few assumptions made on this thread I am making this view as a fan who booked up ages ago. Although I understand that this has no bearing on how market forces work I'm still pretty glad that I'll be doing direct flights and 4 star accommodation (with breakfast) at half the cost. Couldn't care less about what costs are involved in a chartering a flight as that's not the point I'm making. I did travel to Barbados on a charter last year for £428 though if that's any help?

The only time I will ever "bash" the club is over the various rip-off initiatives they continually come up with that are designed to exploit their own. It may be that the more hard core you are the easier you can be held to ransom but it would have been a nice touch for them to have repaid the deserving fans with a reasonably priced package (for a plane that they had chartered anyway). Despite a few assumptions made on this thread I am making this view as a fan who booked up ages ago. Although I understand that this has no bearing on how market forces work I'm still pretty glad that I'll be doing direct flights and 4 star accommodation (with breakfast) at half the cost. Couldn't care less about what costs are involved in a chartering a flight as that's not the point I'm making. I did travel to Barbados on a charter last year for £428 though if that's any help?
    There's that hard core thing again. Loving it.
    It's all very well rewarding the deserving fans but what about the rest of us?

Who do consider deserving fans? Which are not deserving?

If the offer was over-subscribed would you expect Hibs to book another plane?

I doubt Hibs will make any money out of offering the spare seats and bed for the night.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    How much are fans being ripped off for?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Likewise, At the time of the draw circumstances meant that there was no chance of me being able to go over to Denmark. Late in the day my circumstances changed and I was grateful to have the opportunity to be on the official charter.

Too much for me but wish I could go, would be a great experience don't necessarily think it's overpriced or a rip off the charter was always going to be more expensive than booking everything on your own.

Coaching Staff
    I'm presuming people are using the term rip-off to mean expensive for what you get as opposed to Hibs exploiting people?

For the first part, of course it is expensive in the scheme of things. £750 for a night away is a high price to pay.

You have to take it for what it is though, its a charter flight, its with the players, it eliminates other travel hassle. Good luck to anyone who can afford to pay it, it will be a great experience. I prefer the longer stay and enjoy the less structured routing myself but each to their own.

Are Hibs exploiting people with it? I'd say no chance, they will have the substantial costs of this to try and meet and I doubt they are making anything from those that take it up.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Who said theyhad to charter a plane?

They did so and are now looking to recoup the cost of that charter, by inviting those that want to and can afford to, to travel with the team.

I would love to do it, but cant afford the time to do it (although truth be told I cant afford the cost right now either)

I would go as far as to say that given the choice of making my own way at £400 or paying £750 for this for a shorter trip, I would probably choose this for the experience.

Folk go or don't go, its up to them.

Its interesting though that those not going on the charter think its a rip off, whilst those going are quite happy with the cost.

Maybe a case of the old green eyed monster?

Cheap at the bloody price. We live in a free society and the moaning minnies should jump in the nearest time machine and sod off back to Bolshevik Russia if they don't like the scent of greenbacks.

Not for me.Prefer not to travel with the hired hands.

How did a meal at Celtic Park come into this (Freudian slip by moaning poster?).

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Not for me.Prefer not to travel with the hired hands.

How did a meal at Celtic Park come into this (Freudian slip by moaning poster?).
    When Hibs organised hospitality for the Scottish cup final, the fans had their pre match meal at Celtic park. I'm presuming this is where this came from

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    When Hibs organised hospitality for the Scottish cup final, the fans had their pre match meal at Celtic park. I'm presuming this is where this came from
    Correct and I've now completely changed my views after reading these other posts and am now off to purchase a mascot package for my kid so that he can mix with his heroes.
    I should also say that I travel a lot to watch various sports throughout the world and have probably had my photo taken with every major trophy there is. Only ever had to pay for it once though........