hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The BBC is riddled with paedophiles and is one of the most corrupt corporations on the planet.

That is all.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Of all the mugshots released by police Scotland so far, I haven't seen a single one where the guy looks like he has just won the Scottish cup for the first time in 114 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The leader of the Yes campaign, Blair Jenkins, said the following on 30 September 2014 in an interview with STV News. I quote below what he said:

"I think there were mistakes made by the broadcasters, and I think there were omissions and I think sometimes because broadcasters are not always as well resourced as once they were there is a tendency to pick up the newspaper agenda unthinkingly more than was perhaps the case in previous decades."

"We had issues from time to time, but I don't myself think that we faced a systemic bias if you like, that there was some corporate intent to disadvantage the Yes campaign."

"Knowing how both STV and the BBC operate, and knowing a lot of the people involved, I don't think that's a credible view."
    That to me is the key part of the statement that you could use to endorse or rubbish BJ's opinion.

@hibs.net private member
    It is interesting to watch BBC Scotland tie themselves in knots trying to avoid stating that Rangers died in 2012, and that the new club is a *new* club. In today's hugely important and riveting story about Siri's interpretation of events, the BBC website contains this gem:

The question is a source of taunts from other clubs after Rangers came through liquidation and relegation
    It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Utter crap. The FM is on BBC again just now being given the opportunity to articulate her views on Europe, Independence and Trident. The paranoia that some people have over MSM is laughable
    Eh no, laughable is that someone still believes the BBC is unbiased with a huge amount of evidence from the coverage of various events to prove this isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    Eh no, laughable is that someone still believes the BBC is unbiased with a huge amount of evidence from the coverage of various events to prove this isn't true.
    Lots evidence to prove they are not biased like all stats you can make up any to suit your agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    Of course the BBC is biased every time it says something that you disagree with.

Just as it is a fine upstanding broadcaster when it says something you agree with.

Every media outlet is the same.

The "you" meaning each of us, and not just dalianwanda.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Of course the BBC is biased every time it says something that you disagree with.

Just as it is a fine upstanding broadcaster when it says something you agree with.

Every media outlet is the same.

The "you" meaning each of us, and not just dalianwanda.
    They're at it again ....
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/arti...y_contentcard1

13 big events in 2016 where "sometimes all it takes is an inspiring piece of music to feel the glory" and they fail to mention "Walburton's a f**** " as sung on May 21st.
    Disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post

I was watching a BBC report earlier and they mentioned that there were "a few hundred people in Glasgow" campaigning against Trident renewal. What they didn't say however was that there were groups all over Scotland out campaigning against it. It wasn't until I switched to STV that it had better coverage. Albeit, not by much.

The way they attack social media as well is really infuriating. Sighting anyone who exchanges news events over the likes of Facebook and Twitter as "extremists", if the news doesn't come directly from the BBC themselves.
    Very true indeed. They think only 'expert's should be listened to and the public are stupid plebs. When they do wheel out so called 'experts' they only wheel out the ones with the opinions which they want to be heard. The BBC are Government stooges. We all saw and heard the lies pour out of the media when their beloved huns were ripped to shreds by our Heroes.

Glory Glory

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Utter crap. The FM is on BBC again just now being given the opportunity to articulate her views on Europe, Independence and Trident. The paranoia that some people have over MSM is laughable
    Suggest you read a book written by GA Ponsonby called BBC Bias then can you post on why you disagree with his views and evidence ? But you won't will you?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Anyone who believes that the BBC is unbiased really need to have a good word with themselves. The years of Old Firm one sidedness and the unbelievable backing of the Union and anti SNP rhetoric should have been enough to convince a deaf and blind person that it is a station that does not deserve its status as the one to be trusted.
    Thing is..I always(maybe blindly) always thought that the BBC were true and honest. Their reporting of news was thorough and well thought out. Now however we all know that not to be true. They are just another english government mouthpiece, no better than CNN,which is quite sad in itself. The days of real reporting as we used to know it is over. Media has now focussed more on half truths and non truths and downright lies instead of actually looking, researching and hunting the truth. The art of REAL journalism is dead.

From a football perspective there has always been a blatant west coast bias and Stewart Cosgrove is one of the few who ever tries to rectify this.

However, from a wider standpoint I seldom listen to BBC Scotland now such is their constant beaming of Nic the Nat's latest utterances. If they feel any guilt as to perceived biased referendum coverage then they're certainly in full apologetic mode now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pointer View Post
    From a football perspective there has always been a blatant west coast bias and Stewart Cosgrove is one of the few who ever tries to rectify this.

However, from a wider standpoint I seldom listen to BBC Scotland now such is their constant beaming of Nic the Nat's latest utterances. If they feel any guilt as to perceived biased referendum coverage then they're certainly in full apologetic mode now.
    What about them going into full apology mode for their Hun/Yam bias?

Glory Glory

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    I don't know where you get this anti SNP bias, in my opinion they tend to lean the other way. Never mind though, if the SNP get their way and get control of Scottish News broadcasting all that will change.
    Then you clearly live in a some sort of alternative Universe.

"tend to lean the other way"...................that will be right !

I don't know where you get this anti SNP bias, in my opinion they tend to lean the other way. Never mind though, if the SNP get their way and get control of Scottish News broadcasting all that will change.
    Is this a serious post.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich_Hibby View Post
    All of the above assuming the BBC reports openly & honestly, for which I wont hold my breath.

I've already complained to BBC about their biased reporting of same online and, of course, their centuries-old acceptance (and turning a blind eye deliberately to!) of vile sectarianism (I'm an Atheist).

They are a cancer equal to west coast sectarianism in my opinion - too weak to stand up to the 'Old Firm' (does that crap even exist now?)
    you Sir, are on the verge of being nominated by your peers for an HBE. which is much better than an OBE or even an MBE. In Fact, Sir Hibby of Greenwich has a certain ring to it seriously though, fair play to you for trying to complain to "the establishment" bbc. bunch of twats.they are always quick on the draw, when it comes to some other club in Scotland doing anything slightly out of order as opposed to the Old Firm actions over the years. very quick to somehow make our club and fans the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    The BBC is riddled with paedophiles and is one of the most corrupt corporations on the planet.

That is all.
    BBC is plain sh te

In my opinion, they tend , naw definetely lean the original way stated. they are biased, in favour of the BBC, says it all imho the
    SNP have not asked for a carte blanche programme to give their views, only a Scottish based Scottish news about things relevant to Scotland. want to hear about what's happening to the flood barriers and how it's affecting the farmers in Devon? slip onto sky news. they canny spell Scotland

Reading these posts and I can see that some .netters know even less about politics than they do about fitba. Astonishing.....

I honestly believe if sevco had got corner and fate was with them and exactly the same invasion by jubilant huns. Our players would have been in danger and it would have been swept up and all over. Sour grapes. OK ill say it masonic

Nowt mentioned about the smoke bombs/flares or sectarian singing in Perth.

Biggest concern was the Newco fans pitch side after they scored but not a steward or Police Officer to be seen.

Garner wasn't even booked for leaving the field of play either!!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Reading these posts and I can see that some .netters know even less about politics than they do about fitba. Astonishing.....
    And don't start about the patronising netters.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Unfortunately you are right on both accounts.

Coaching Staff
    Having just watched tonights offering I suddenly realised there wasn't a sinble mention of tonights game at Tynie, now irrespective of the fact its Hearts v Dons does anyone believe if either of the Glasgow 2 had been playing it would have past without mention.

Testimonial Due
    Sooner or later people will realise that the media trawl social media sites like this for easy information.

It has been proven when they have brought out about certain players to be signed by teams that they were not even interested in.

That is why people coming on here and giving info about players to be maybe signed, is bad for the club, as then other clubs become aware of who might be available.