hibs.net Messageboard

Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Pokemon Go

  1. #1

    Pokemon Go

    Anyone going to admit to playing it?

    I downloaded it the other day and have to say it's superb. Ignoring the Pokemon aspect the interaction with the 'real world' is superb and the Pokestop landmarks have already helped me discover a few things near to where I live that I never knew existed despite living nearby for years.

    I'm sure the novelty will wear off but it's great to see people outside enjoying themselves.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,845
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Ive noticed loads of folk playing it when I've been on my way to work. It's no for me though.

    Is it a game? Or is it just walking about and finding pokemons randomly to add to your collection? Once you have them....then what?

  4. #3
    First Team Breakthrough HibeeLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    21
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ive noticed loads of folk playing it when I've been on my way to work. It's no for me though.

    Is it a game? Or is it just walking about and finding pokemons randomly to add to your collection? Once you have them....then what?
    You walk around catching Pokemon, which can then be used to battle gyms scattered across city. These gyms are controlled by other users who select one of three teams to join (Red, Yellow or Blue). Other features are getting added in future updates as well. I have to say I've been playing it for around a week and loving it so far 😄

  5. #4
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Antwerp
    Posts
    7,469
    Not long started playing it. It's a great concept and fantastic for me being able to get the kids out and about for walks without too much of an argument!

  6. #5
    Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Sleeping Scouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    50
    Posts
    14,970
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    15,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your pokemon looks a bit upset.

  8. #7
    First Team Regular ManBearPig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Penicuik
    Posts
    994
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce
    Go team instinct!

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,615
    Downloaded it the other day mainly because I was interested in the AR technology.

    Some of the local landmarks are interesting as you say.

    Could spot a few people playing it today...couple of teenagers walking about a Tesco car park with their phones out.

    Would be tempted to keep it for exercise if it wasn't so creepy looking.

  10. #9
    @hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    between a brewery & distillery
    Posts
    11,142
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  11. #10
    The Power
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In ma hoose!
    Posts
    15,128
    Walking through livingston centre yesterday and lone woman, older than me, was very excited because she found a krabby (crabbie, krabbie?) near the post office. Looked a right plum.

  12. #11
    Coaching Staff lyonhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zurich
    Age
    32
    Posts
    11,199
    Absolutely weird fad for anyone over about 12 years old to be partaking in. Hopefully dies a death soon, but I suppose it's more or less entirely harmless as pastimes go.

  13. #12
    Ireland's Greatest Import Mr White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    7,180
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suppose it's more or less entirely harmless as pastimes go.
    Mostly. Some daft **** nearly got himself killed a few miles along the (very busy) road from me.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-36854134

    There is a special breed of stupid over here though.

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    12,704
    I was wondering why a guy with a mobile in his hand was traipsing alone through a field near Danderhall with a big smile on his face.

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    15,059
    Downloaded it a few days ago so my son could have a wee shot. Quite strange as I found a rat in my kitchen and a pigeon in the car park at tesco (I was over there shopping, not chasing pokemon).

    One thing I'm not keen on is a blue thing that is literally metres away from my house. The boy tells me it's a pokemon stop, whatever that is, and there does seem to be a bigger amount of teenagers skulking about on phones than there usually is. There had better not be any hassle.

  16. #15
    Testimonial Due lugz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    edinburgh
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,220
    I play it and enjoy it, it's a throwback to playing it on my gameboy when I was younger. My wee girl loves it as well.

    Anything that gets people out their houses and gets kids off their PSs/Xboxs.

  17. #16
    Testimonial Due Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I found a rat in my kitchen...
    What are you gonna do?

  18. #17
    Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Sleeping Scouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    50
    Posts
    14,970
    Another crazy fad which involves kids and electronic devices wandering aimlessly into danger. ****** mental and anyone justifying it as getting "their kids out" needs to have a word with themselves.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  19. #18
    Testimonial Due Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another crazy fad which involves kids and electronic devices wandering aimlessly into danger. ****** mental and anyone justifying it as getting "their kids out" needs to have a word with themselves.
    What sort of "danger" are you talking about?

  20. #19
    @hibs.net private member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    15,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What sort of "danger" are you talking about?
    Team rocket?

  21. #20
    Testimonial Due Hibby Bairn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are you gonna do?
    Can't do smilies on my phone but thought that was quite funny.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved