hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, you're right. The people who jeered Oxley at Edinburgh City are undoubtedly morons, though.
    Agreed.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Good luck to him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Good luck to him.
    👍

If Phil Brown and his coaches have seen enough in him to develop his game and develop him personlly,it can only be a good thing. Despite what is said on here I don't think there's ever been a personal crusade against him, just some fans who couldn't see why Stubbs persisted in him when he was poor (some opinion) and eventually the manager and new manager seen that. I'm glad he's gone for a new start and delighted there won't be any more Oxley debates. Good or bad, like him or not, he helped us win our Scottish Cup. 👍

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post

If Phil Brown and his coaches have seen enough in him to develop his game and develop him personlly,it can only be a good thing. Despite what is said on here I don't think there's ever been a personal crusade against him, just some fans who couldn't see why Stubbs persisted in him when he was poor (some opinion) and eventually the manager and new manager seen that. I'm glad he's gone for a new start and delighted there won't be any more Oxley debates. Good or bad, like him or not, he helped us win our Scottish Cup. 
    Are you going all soft SJM

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Are you going all soft SJM
    : shut up you! :

Aw the best fella!

@hibs.net private member
    : shut up you! :
    Ok Jelly Baby

Left by mutual consent!
    :

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    All the best Ox .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Nah he shat it that night after they scored from his mistake.
    His mistake lol?? Shat it?? Would you rather he stayed on, couldn't see, lost a couple of goals and ended up putting us out? Unbelievable.. A young lad who suffered from lacking in concentration at certain points, part of a defence which was the best in Britain at one point last season, and more importantly, a massive part in a cup winning side. For the big man's sake I'm glad he's away, he might now stand a chance... God help whoever fills his boots though.

Great news

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    His mistake lol?? Shat it?? Would you rather he stayed on, couldn't see, lost a couple of goals and ended up putting us out? Unbelievable.. A young lad who suffered from lacking in concentration at certain points, part of a defence which was the best in Britain at one point last season, and more importantly, a massive part in a cup winning side. For the big man's sake I'm glad he's away, he might now stand a chance... God help whoever fills his boots though.
    Not big boots to fill.

Left by mutual consent!
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Amazing.

Conrad filled his boots. Did he get abuse? No. Because he didn't balls up over a period of time. Yes, his mistake, his lack of judgement got him booked up in Inverness too which led to us being well out of place.

In fact, forget it, good luck Mark Oxley. No point replying to people still wanting an argument over it despite what our manager decides or decided before the final.

Just popped onto the Southend (Shrimpers) fans forum to register and tell their fans that they have got a decent keeper in Mark Oxley - a professional both on and off the field and someone who is wished well by the majority of Hibs supporters.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Good luck to him. Never convinced me he was a top keeper, however wish him all the best.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Amazing.

Conrad filled his boots. Did he get abuse? No. Because he didn't balls up over a period of time. Yes, his mistake, his lack of judgement got him booked up in Inverness too which led to us being well out of place.

In fact, forget it, good luck Mark Oxley. No point replying to people still wanting an argument over it despite what our manager decides or decided before the final.
    Nope Conrad didn't make mistakes did he?? Conrad came in and had the one in a million debuts, like Oxley when he scored in fact. He then made a few errors in games towards the end of the season culminating in making a horror of one that ultimately kept us in the championship. They are Scottish championship keepers however that will make mistakes.

And if you think losing a contact lense is deserving of a booking then God help us all.

Good luck Mark. Thank you for your contributions to us in your time here.

Nope Conrad didn't make mistakes did he?? Conrad came in and had the one in a million debuts, like Oxley when he scored in fact. He then made a few errors in games towards the end of the season culminating in making a horror of one that ultimately kept us in the championship. They are Scottish championship keepers however that will make mistakes.

And if you think losing a contact lense is deserving of a booking then God help us all.
    This 100%. Decent young keeper who made a few mistakes. The one against rangers after the semi didn't help his case, but as we seen Conrad went on to make a mistake in one of the biggest games of the season. Also conrads distribution was horrendous compared to oxley imo

Best of luck, Mark. You were a 5/10 kind of guy. No hard feelings.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by hibhibhurray View Post
    Just popped onto the Southend (Shrimpers) fans forum to register and tell their fans that they have got a decent keeper in Mark Oxley - a professional both on and off the field and someone who is wished well by the majority of Hibs supporters.
    Decent? Seemed like a decent teammate but a pretty poor keeper.

@hibs.net private member

I guess you were not at Inverness to witness it. As said before you need more than 1 yellow card to be suspended.

Best wishes and good luck for the future

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Good luck to him.

Never in a month of Sunday's was he as poor as half the 'experts' and failed footballers on here would have had you believe.

Anyone who played a role in the Cup run is sound in my estimations. I wish him all the best
    never as bad as some made out. we have had worse, and added to that he is 25 yrs old.a young goalie!

All the best to him.

He was nowhere near as bad as some people on here and at games would have had you believing.

He was a decent goalkeeper and since he's only coming up for 26, I would suggest that his best years are still ahead of him.

As others have already said, he was part of the Scottish Cup winning squad and for that alone, I will remember him fondly and I wish him good luck in his future career.

Coaching Staff
    Good luck and all the best, a good dressing room influence and part of the Hibs 'revival' which ended up with the Holy Grail.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Best of luck to him. Not the best Hibs keeper in my lifetime but not even remotely close to being the worst.
    The scapegoating on here at times has been ridiculous. We're still in this league because we've scored about 30 goals less than the champions the past two seasons, not because our youngish keeper made some mistakes.
    I look forward to our next scapegoat now that the position is up for grabs. Let's not forget that a sizeable minority on here just a couple of seasons ago were hounding Lewis Stevenson out

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    15 mins from me will have to pop along and see him :
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Hats off to the admin who red carded SJM. What a pain in the erchie he was.......

Best wishes for your future career Mark

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Is it really neccessary, on a thread that has been largely grateful to Mark Oxley for his contribution, for 1 or 2 to go spoiling for a fight? No doubt when you get a bite it will 'prove your point'.
    Spoiling a fight? Surely a fight is about 2 different opinions?

It's hardly a fight though.

People are allowed opinions on forums!

I was never a big fan,but he seemed like a good guy....living the dream!

Good luck too him....That's all I say!