hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was team sheets handed out in their club house before kick off. Kevin Waugh was number 5 and had a decent game. I hope Keatings' injury isn't too bad as he looked in a fair bit of pain.

On the catering side, the pies were pretty good and I also heard soup wasn't bad either
    Cheers, I had gone out to the touchline well before kick-off to watch the drills. Is Kevin the younger brother of Kenny, who was dev left-back for us a few years ago?

Catering was decent enough and reasonably-priced. Nice club to visit. Just glad the weather held though
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Callum Crane got the first goal, as JB says it was a belter.

We were dominant throughout, as we should be with at least half a team of players pushing to be in Lennon's plans right now. We really pulled away in the second half and it was evident in that Coldstream, who had been physically strong without being dirty, became far more niggly with their challenges.

We seem to be settling into a 4-3-3 with the front three high and using the whole width of the pitch. There was lots of fluidity within that however - Harris started on the right, switched to the left and was back on the right for the second half whilst Carmichael played right mid and left upfront at different stages. Lots of crisp, one-touch passing but also no reluctance to ping it long to the front men out wide if it looked like there was a move on.

As for individuals, the picks for me were Crane, a tidy-looking player; Shaw, always asking questions of the defence; Carmichael, tons of energy, maybe just needs to pass a bit earlier.

There weren't any teamsheets - Johnnyboy, was Waugh playing at centre-half beside Forster? If so, I agree he was good, great communication with his teammates.

As an aside, the ground is shocking for lost footballs, must have got into double figure for the amount of balls used. By midway through the second half they were having to play with Hibs training balls and not all of them will have made it back to East Mains
    There was team sheets handed out in their club house before kick off. Kevin Waugh was number 5 and had a decent game. I hope Keatings' injury isn't too bad as he looked in a fair bit of pain.

On the catering side, the pies were pretty good and I also heard soup wasn't bad either
    Pete has saved me from the need to answer You're right about his communication - first class.
    This is how it feels

Coaching Staff

Soup on sale at a football game in the summer?

Don't think it would catch on in my neck of the woods..but will give the locals here a chuckle!
    Last edited by Forza Fred; 17-07-2016 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Text

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Soup on sale at a football game in the summer?

Don't think it would catch on in my neck of the woods..but will give the locals here a chuckle!

It might have been Gazpacho

Been to the two games in the borders got to say the hositality at both games was first class,the people at Coldstream where only to happy to copy teamsheets and hand them out.