hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough

Who would you rather have played in the final, and won?

Hi all, new on here, was wondering a while ago if Rangers never bet Celtic in the semi, would u rather have played Celtic or Rangers and why? Couldn't find a way to make it a poll aswell so admins if you can please change it to that! Thanks

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee niv View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi all, new on here, was wondering a while ago if Rangers never bet Celtic in the semi, would u rather have played Celtic or Rangers and why? Couldn't find a way to make it a poll aswell so admins if you can please change it to that! Thanks
    No, and its quite simple, If we had played celtic we wouldnt have had the superb Stokes and Henderson.

We beat The Big Huns in the Final and the Mini Huns on the way there to lay a 114 year hoodoo to rest.

How could it possibly have been any better than that?

Rangers, purely because two of our best players would of been cup tied if we played Celtic

First Team Breakthrough HibeeLR's Avatar
    The Rangers as their reaction after the full time whistle was hilarious 😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member Callum7's Avatar
    Rangers, they thought they could do it but they're not the same club.

@hibs.net private member
    To win the cup after beating Hearts and then The Rangers;it doesn't get much better!

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Rangers. I had been waiting since 1979 to beat those lowlifes in a cup final. To be the Scottish cup and scoring the winner in injury time after bring a goal down with ten to go made it the perfect day. The pitch invasion too was nothing compared to the scenes at the 79 final where Hibs fans were kicked up and down the place and no Hibs busses made it back without smashed windows
    After losing to Celtic too often it would be good to beat them next year!!
    Last edited by weecounty hibby; 10-07-2016 at 04:53 PM.

First Team Regular Highland_Hibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Amusing Munch PSN ID: Amusing_Munch
    Ohh no our route to the Cup win could not have been any sweeter. Before the Old Firm semi final I said I would rather play Rangers as I felt we had more chance of getting the better of their defensive frailties.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    From losing 0-2 at that PBS with 10 mins to go , then losing 2-1 against the Orcs with under 11 mins to go in the final , then scoring the winner in the 92nd min . I wouldn't swap any of that EVER .( be nice to beat Celtic in next years final tho :)
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

the huns all day long

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    We beat The Big Huns in the Final and the Mini Huns on the way there to lay a 114 year hoodoo to rest.

How could it possibly have been any better than that?
    Beating Celtc in the semi would have been the icing on the cake.

But after due consideration I'll just have to settle for winning it the way that we did against the teams that we did play. It's tough but I'll cope with the knowledge that we're the Scottish Cup holders.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent!
    Beating Hearts in a replay, at a packed ER after being 2-0 down at Tynie with a last minute equaliser; with Cummings the bogeyman turning the screw yet again into his boyhood heroes. Unforgettable. Hibs players have been sanctified for less. It doesn't matter too much about who we beat in the final to end 114 years, but without condoning the pitch invasion, what it did do was given Hearts capitulation and contribution to our ending our cup hoodoo, was completely steal their thunder. We are on the ascendency and they have no songs and blame themselves in their delusion for our victory. Hilarious.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    No, and its quite simple, If we had played celtic we wouldnt have had the superb Stokes and Henderson.
    this was the reason for me as well, i knew had we got celtic we would miss these 2, little did we know at the time just how MUCH we would have missed them!

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    I had a bit of a losers attitude after the semi if I'm honest. I said I wanted Celtic because I'd rather lose to them. I couldn't handle losing to the Huns. But if we WERE to beat someone id rather it was Rangers. My son said then let's play Rangers!!

Perfect day never change anything

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Nothing could have made the final better than it actually was.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Coaching Staff
    I don't care if we beat Pumpherston in the final...just as long as we won it.....it couldn't have been any sweeter than it was.

WeWON it...don't care who lost it.

Testimonial Due
    No other way. Beating the ones I hate the most in dramatic fashion, in injury time. Allowing them to think they would win was superb.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    The rangers or the now defunct Glasgow rangers, either monstrous version was acceptable on the day.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Our SC campaign was perfect. No easy ties all the way through, doin the jambos and zombies in the final with an injury time cracker from a set piece. I couldn't have scripted it better.

What a day 👍🏆

More than happy with the way it turned out

I wouldn't change anything about what happened on 21st May 2016.

It was perfect in every way imaginable.

I'm utterly biased but our run was the greatest Scottish Cup run in history, I'd not change a single thing.

The greatest Scottish cup win ever. If youd written it yourself folks would laugh it off as fantasy.

Would I change anything about winning one of the most dramatic Scottish Cup Final's in recent history? To end a "curse" that has tormented us and many generations for many a year and one which the lovely media like to remind us of every single year?

Absolutely not. To every single rangers fan/jambo and "journalist" looking in.... Get. It. Right. F*****g. Up. You 💚💚💚