hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seagulls

I was awaiting this thread..

Every season it seems a major issue at the start of the season and let's be honest they are pretty much flying rats.

Maybe that's why the attendance was so low ? Fans scared to come out and be shat on ?

Anyway..expect a repeat Thursday night and for the next 2 months !!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Flying vermin shoot them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Flying vermin shoot them all.
    That's what they do at Edinburgh Airport. Guy has a Shotgun and does his thing. Says he shot down over 1000 last year. Leanne get his number in case he is free on game days/nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Paloschi View Post
    That is absolutely disgusting. A living soul being shot dead like that. Seagull or not.

That guy needs to go to a psychiatric ward since he loves shooting animals so much. Pr1ck.

You obviously didn't grow up in the countryside.

Farmers used to pay my uncle and his mates to shoot wood pigeons and other 'vermin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Two foxes were eating a seagull on Easter Road late last night. They seemed to like them ... Yum yum!

Seagulls overhead were a bit noisy losing their pal.

Mon the foxes!
    When it comes to bursting open bin bags and making a mess, foxes are just as bad. They might not cause havoc at ER but they are in the same category: we need to get rid of them from our cities.

There has to be a happy medium between doing nothing and shooting them. I don't know about the bigger picture but maybe some sort of deterrent needs to be reintroduced at the holy ground. A hawk or something.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    When it comes to bursting open bin bags and making a mess, foxes are just as bad. They might not cause havoc at ER but they are in the same category: we need to get rid of them from our cities.

There has to be a happy medium between doing nothing and shooting them. I don't know about the bigger picture but maybe some sort of deterrent needs to be reintroduced at the holy ground. A hawk or something.
    What utter rot. I feel I've stumbled upon a selection of the Countryside Aliiance or Leadsom for Leader Tory MP's. The simple fact is, that unless we keep our own waste down and tidy up after ourselves, there will always be animals doing the necessary job in cleaning up after us. Which kind of makes us the health risk.

I agree that we need to get rid but their are humane and legal methods that doesn't need to involve frothing at the mouth (that's us).

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan's Jaguar View Post
    What utter rot. I feel I've stumbled upon a selection of the Countryside Aliiance or Leadsom for Leader Tory MP's. The simple fact is, that unless we keep our own waste down and tidy up after ourselves, there will always be animals doing the necessary job in cleaning up after us. Which kind of makes us the health risk.

I agree that we need to get rid but their are humane and legal methods that doesn't need to involve frothing at the mouth (that's us).
    You're basically agreeing with me so what part is "utter rot"?

The only person that's foaming at the mouth appears to be yourself.

Catch, shoot, scare don't care. But Hibs have a problem here fans don't want to sit and be shat on or fear they will be swooped down on for holding a bag of chips.

Yesterday was the worst I've seen it and it was getting on my tits.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Catch, shoot, scare don't care. But Hibs have a problem here fans don't want to sit and be shat on or fear they will be swooped down on for holding a bag of chips.

When the cat can't cope we really do have problems :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Two foxes were eating a seagull on Easter Road late last night. They seemed to like them ... Yum yum!

Seagulls overhead were a bit noisy losing their pal.

Mon the foxes!
    Leicester 1 Brighton 0.

First Team Breakthrough Fisherrow Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Must we once again critique our avian comrades for our own folly as a species? The common or garden 'seagull' now consists of a meagre 42% population of coastal inhabitants, eking out their existence through scavenging on the water.

The majority now exist as an inland bird, surviving on the waste of mankind.

Castigate not those noble beasts for the sloppiness and indolence of the human race. Their inland numbers correlate perfectly with the rise in human obesity and cancers.

They are not the villains, only the opportunists who have made the best out of a bad situation.

Far from oppressing those gliding wonders, let us strive to attract them to Easter Road in even greater numbers, and make our stadium the most ornithologically friendly in Europe.
    Spot on Sir! Apparently the clean air act didn't help either as they have moved in land to take advantage of landfill sites and of course urban areas present innumerable opportunities for them as you have rightly pointed out Bob. They are over all in decline, though granted it may not seem like that at times. As has been said they will go for anybody or anything that they deem a threat to their young ( seems perfectly reasonable to me). They are a constant threat around here at this time of year as I stay about 2 minutes walk from the beach at Fisherrow, I have often been dive bombed like a Stuka by them through my life and at least one person you know or hear of has had a sore one. The funnest thing about the whole situation is when you see someone that is trying to act like he or she doesn't care about the imminent threat from one of these Pterodactylguls, this usually changes rapidly as they empty their considerable load of poop upon their victim, it's a defensive mechanism they usually throw up as well. The are not actually "Seagulls" as they are not sea birds, just Gulls, they are usually Yellow legged, Herring or Lesser black tailed gulls around here.
    PS.I have just realised that this is probably my longest post and it's about Gulls on a football forum, says more about my knowledge of football than it does of my knowledge of Gulls!

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post

Get rid of the gulls and fix the speakers in the East please Hibs

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It really was a bit of a surreal experience with so many flying about and flying so low as well.

I wouldn't go as far as saying I was scared but it was certainly intimidating and I can see why some people would be uncomfortable.

😂👍🏼

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar

Left by mutual consent!
    Personally, and I am sure I speak for the rest of you stylish Hibs fans too, I am well used to birds swarming all over me. I call it just another day in paradise. 😆

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergye View Post
    Personally, and I am sure I speak for the rest of you stylish Hibs fans too, I am well used to birds swarming all over me. I call it just another day in paradise. 😆
    The birds and the Hibees. And even foxes.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You're basically agreeing with me so what part is "utter rot"?

The only person that's foaming at the mouth appears to be yourself.
    No, only agreeing with other fans regarding the immediate vicinity. I'm all for wildlife in the city, as long as we remember our duty of care so it doesn't get out of hand.