hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lennon in Paris

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well that sure convinced me you're not ragin 👌
    My only concern is the shape of our team. I couldn't give a toots about anything else bud.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    At some point an understudy becomes number 1. Vitranen has 65 top flight appearances for his previous club.
    Fair enough. Let's see if we bring in another goalie to be number one after Brondby.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibtastic View Post
    This is laughable - Where is the harm in flying to Paris to honour a previous commitment which surely won't take too much time out of his schedule. Arsene Wenger is there just now with French TV for example so what's the problem.

I honestly believe some Hibs fans just look for any excuse to moan about something. They must be fun on nights out.
    This! NL wasn"t my first choice! But now he is with us we need to be seen to be given him all our support not starting stupid threads like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post
    Cool, can you point me in the direction of clarification of this please instead of cheap shots and widey snide remarks please?

Also, you didn't answer, if he was given the Celtic job after his work on the telly began do you think he would be in a TV studio tomorrow instead of the Celtic match? Who is his contract with also? What would he lose from not attending?

It seems he's keeping his stock high down south and with the Irish by attending rather than concentrating on his job as manager. Nobody on here saying it doesn't matter tomorrow, or Thursday will be on complaining about attendances at both either I'm sure you will agree.
    I give up now....i thought you were just acting stupid now I'm not so sure.

He's still raging cause he made a total Noel Hunt of himself telling all and sundry that Stuart McCall was a done deal as next Hibs manager
    Could still be true

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    When was the the last time a Hibs manager was deemed suitable or media savvy to give his views to the UK wide audience watching a major football final on TV? This is good PR for Hibs and shows people value his opinion. Off those criticising him for not going on Sunday are you's going to this pre season friendly ?
    If we had managed to lure Ferguson from Man Utd there would be a few on here moaning if he showed Hibs the ultimate disrespect by going to watch his horses run at Ascot or Epsom....or heaven forbid Longchamp!!!

If he signed a contract for the tv work before he took the job with us, there's nothing strange about it.Next.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    If he signed a contract for the tv work before he took the job with us, there's nothing strange about it.Next.
    This.

When the discussion about him being our Manager started if there was a problem with his TV commitments he would either have dropped them or if they were so important to him he would not have taken the job.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I give up now....i thought you were just acting stupid now I'm not so sure.
    So you're not going to point me in the direction of conclusive proof he's under contract by some TV company nor answer my Celtic question. Fair enough. I'll take that as guesswork then and be a little annoyed our manager isn't at our first home match of the season 4 days prior to a massive European tie to keep himself in the spotlight down south.

@hibs.net private member
    So you're not going to point me in the direction of conclusive proof he's under contract by some TV company nor answer my Celtic question. Fair enough. I'll take that as guesswork then and be a little annoyed our manager isn't at our first home match of the season 4 days prior to a massive European tie to keep himself in the spotlight down south.
    Look, he's not going to be at the game tomorrow. Move on

STOP TALKING PISH. Are you saying that Lennon is lying?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    For crying out loud. The season hasn't started and the knives are out for the manager.

This MUST be a record.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    SJM loves a fight over nothing. Causes a riot on here every day. KT is a **** btw.

Do you have conclusive proof that he doesn't? And your question re Celtic is not one that anyone can answer, including you because it is based on conjecture not fact
    This is how it feels

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Do you have conclusive proof that he doesn't? And your question re Celtic is not one that anyone can answer, including you because it is based on conjecture not fact

I'm not sure that rational argument's the way to go here, John.

With threads like this one, I'm inclined to think exorcism's the only answer ....

It's a friendly, a fitness exercise....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Lennon got the job probably around a month ago, with that much notice I'm sure the BBC could have found somebody else for tomorrow.

It's hardly a sackable offence and in the bigger scheme of things I'm sure it won't be that big a deal but short term I think he should be at the Hibs game tomorrow.

I mentioned it on another thread that I had a few concerns about it and somebody made the point if he was to learn one thing about one player tomorrow then it's worthwhile him being at the game and I agree with that.

If we're not prepared for Thursday, we should be doing our utmost to get them prepared and that includes the manager knowing all he can about all our players.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Seems Lennon is new scapegoat.Takes the heat of ox for a bit.Getting fed up with all the crap flying about:

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Seems Lennon is new scapegoat.Takes the heat of ox for a bit.Getting fed up with all the crap flying about:
    FFS this thread has really annoyed me, if you've got an opinion on Hibs that might not be blind faith and have an opinion that differs from Hibs then you're getting called all sorts.

Happy clappers vs bed wetters all over again

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    FFS this thread has really annoyed me, if you've got an opinion on Hibs that might not be blind faith and have an opinion that differs from Hibs then you're getting called all sorts.

Happy clappers vs bed wetters all over again
    Any need?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Any need?
    Any need in what? I'm not calling anybody anything, I'm just saying people are being chastised for having an opinion and I think that's wrong.

Think I will start a thread saying how disappointed I am that Lennon doesn't have a Hibs duvet on his bed and can't name the Cup winning side of 1902. There are a load of sad and lonely people on this site who must get an erection every time they find something to nit-pick about. There is no conflict of interest here, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Any need in what? I'm not calling anybody anything, I'm just saying people are being chastised for having an opinion and I think that's wrong.
    Thought we were done with tagging groups.....

He obviously trusts his staff, and GP will report back on the match, as well as NL probably watching a live stream.....(Or at least seeing a recording)

If Lennon gets us back into the Premiership he can spend every day in Timbuktu for all I care.

Mountain out of a molehole as John McGlynn would say.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    I'm not sure that rational argument's the way to go here, John.

With threads like this one, I'm inclined to think exorcism's the only answer ....
    I think I'll trust your professional judgement on that one

Do you charge a fixed rate or is there some sort of sliding scale for re-possessions?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    If Lennon gets us back into the Premiership he can spend every day in Timbuktu for all I care.

Mountain out of a molehole as John McGlynn would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Thought we were done with tagging groups.....
    That's my point, it feels like if you've got an opinion that could be deemed slightly negative rather than the point being debated it's just being dismissed.

I am delighted we got Lennon and I think we'll have a good season under him however IMO he should absolutely be here tomorrow and as soon as he got the Hibs job he should have asked to be excused from his BBC contract for the final. The Northern Ireland games were fine as that was before our pre-season started but as soon as it did then Hibs should be his sole focus IMO.

If he'd got the Celtic job I'm not convinced he'd have missed the last Celtic friendly before a European match to be a tv pundit and that bothers me a bit.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    I think I'll trust your professional judgement on that one

Do you charge a fixed rate or is there some sort of sliding scale for re-possessions?

To exorcise the demons Nit-Pick, Whinge, and Scapegoat from the ER support?

Not enough money in the world, old son.

I'd rather have a go at world peace ...

No it wouldn't have been sorted ages ago, of England where in the final it would have been all English guys, same with Wales. Lennons a good pundit so has been asked back.

You claim it was sorted out ages ago and he's got a contract, where is the quotes on this?

Your opinion on my posts. You can quote that 👍
    Any excuse and you jump on it to put our club, players, fellow fans etc. He is missing a meaningless friendly - who cares??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk