hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taverner is on a basic of £2750 but the pitch was that he'd cash in - and has - with win bonuses and a £ for promotion clause.

This is double sourced from the football angle, and handily one of my few exes that still speaks to me works for HMRC.

I'm having trouble, however, seeing how a disgruntled Tavernier could get more elsewhere? He's a ****ing terrible defender who got found out so many times last season, not least on 21/5.

It's Ian Black again. Flat track bully, found out when it came to actual technical ability. That said, I've seen him play for STFC and the fans love him.

It's merely a case of ego and agent over ability. Sevco are NOT in the position to rewrite a contract only 1/3 expired. The reason that he's getting twitchy is because win bonuses are going to be harder to come by next season than last.

The bookies have Sevco as runners up. Personally, it's the sheep for me.

What Barton is getting paid (and it is NOWHERE NEAR £30k/wk, BTW) is nothing to do with Tavernier's concerns.

He's merely trying to maximise his income. Nothing wrong with that, esp. when you find that top-flight Scottish footballers are not as **** as it seems fashionable to believe.
    Tavernier needs the money to get the new ******** he got ripped on 21st stitched back together, one of the worst players I've seen play and I've seen a few.
    I'm a bit itk with the Barton wage and with appearance money and win bonus he will clear £30k per week by a long way - basic is £22.5k. Can't and won't reveal my source.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Very decent going forward, totally miscast as a defender. Who can forget his lightweight performance when he was brushed aside by Anthony Stokes for the Hibernian equaliser in the Scottish Cup final of this year? You know, the one when David Gray also rose to a Henderson corner to nod home the injury time winner that gave Hibs the trophy and ended a 114 jinx?

I think many of us on this board will recall those events.

So yes, I agree with your points about Tavernier.
    Was he not also brushed aside by Paul Hanlon for a (winning?) goal at ER?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Am I the only one who has a bit of sympathy for The Rangers here?

These guys were nobodies, Wigan were more than happy to offload them. It's not like they're in the last year of their contract - they're still under contract until 2018.

Barton and Rossiter are players of either decent pedigree or great promise, it's not unreasonable for Rangers to make a decent financial offer to these players. Waghorn and Tavernier should be a bit more grateful to get the chance to play with them. It will surely only help enhance their chances of getting a decent move back down South in a year or so?

I don't know what kind of gentleman's agreements or promises on the side have been made regarding other players and their wages but any player who would get into one of these situations would be imo a mug.

It's not a secret that The Rangers don't exactly have a great deal of money kicking around so I don't see why they should be held to ransom by players with a lot of time left on their contract, especially when one player missed a large chunk of last season through injury and the other simply cannot defend.

Not sure whether I need a shower or a lie down after that but I guess I'm just a bit fed up with "player power" and people trying to mess football clubs about.
    You're thoughtful analysis is wasted on the manky club you choose to use it on I'm afraid, I hope everyone screws them over, live by the sword die (again) by the sword.
    Last edited by Nutmegged; 11-07-2016 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shreevesy View Post
    Tavernier needs the money to get the new ******** he got ripped on 21st stitched back together, one of the worst players I've seen play and I've seen a few.
    I'm a bit itk with the Barton wage and with appearance money and win bonus he will clear £30k per week by a long way - basic is £22.5k. Can't and won't reveal my source.
    Heard his basic was a lot nearer 20k and he will never in a million years clear 50% bonuses at hun - they can't and won't be able to afford it!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    Heard his basic was a lot nearer 20k and he will never in a million years clear 50% bonuses at hun - they can't and won't be able to afford it!
    Maybe STV will pay the bonuses. Reporting ones that is.

https://t.co/8QPKh57SXs

Bread man back on Sky! Signing contract extension, first time I've seen him since May 21st!
    Funny it's the 12th of July!!

Both of them have moved their families up to that wretched city so I cant envisage them moving anytime soon. Good news for left wingers.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I don't know what kind of gentleman's agreements or promises on the side have been made regarding other players and their wages but any player who would get into one of these situations would be imo a mug.
    The Rangers? Promises on the side? What could possibly go wrong with that?

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stewartbrownn View Post
    Both of them have moved their families up to that wretched city so I cant envisage them moving anytime soon. Good news for left wingers.

A mate of mine said he saw Warburton on Princes Street late this afternoon.

Maybe he has moved here.

Can imagine the Huns will be heartened at the moment. Super red imps go ballistic Celtic are atrocious

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    A mate of mine said he saw Warburton on Princes Street late this afternoon.

Maybe he has moved here.
    I'd just assumed that since Alan Stubbs owns him he'd be down in Rotherham.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Huns will be salivating at the Celtc performance so far.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Can understand their excitement but there's got to be half a chance of them getting to experience their first European match ever eventually?

Unless they decided to voluntarily liquidate themselves again before it happens.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    "Henderson to deliver....." - 3-2, big Dom "I don't care about The Rangers...."

Couldn't care less about The Rangers or Celtic - when they lose and lose badly it's very sweet. They represent nothing good about Scottish football in a holistic sense - I'd love them to leave Scottish football and try and work their way from League 2 in England - because I genuinely believe both would thereafter languish in the lower leagues once the fascination wears off !