hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: More arrests

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Interestingly, Brondby fans in 2012. Almost identical except the opposition fans never came on the pitch to er, ahem, "protect their players"!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWyEAXWrAhc

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Given how quickly they came out with the 'protecting the players' crap, I'm surprised the MSM didn't question how they had arrived at that conclusion.

With the general atrocities, mayhem and confusion going on, did they perhaps despatch one of their officials to the the Rangers end with a questionnaire to survey their brave troops as they left the field of battle?...

... Then again, maybe I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHanlon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you sit in the west stand? You come across quite boring.
    No I don't. And I'm not. I wanted to see the team parading the cup round Hampden to SOL. That hope disappeared when thousands went on the pitch sadly.

I say old chap
    That's just not on, there's nothing boring about the WEST STAND !!!

I personally prefer the more refined banter.
    Hibernian Hibernian ra ra ra ......;-)

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Really? Lots of passionate Hibees sit in the West Stand every home game. Why would you suggest otherwise?

Hey I used to have a season ticket in the west stand and.... Aye take your point 😜

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SON OF PADDY View Post
    I say old chap
    That's just not on, there's nothing boring about the WEST STAND !!!

I personally prefer the more refined banter.
    Hibernian Hibernian ra ra ra ......;-)
    Indeed. I. Regularly cry out 'Huzzah the Hibernians' at the kicking off time, before
    adopting my usual respectful silence. Those East Stand chaps are vociferous enough
    and are decent enough to keep it to their side of the ground.
    Glory glory, and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    Indeed. I. Regularly cry out 'Huzzah the Hibernians' at the kicking off time, before
    adopting my usual respectful silence. Those East Stand chaps are vociferous enough
    and are decent enough to keep it to their side of the ground.
    Glory glory, and all that.

There's Hibs class!!
    Then there's West Stand class " Lower section " of course.😉

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    What a waste of f***ing money by Scottish Police, 38 arrests, you get more arrests at a old firm game when they play and not forgetting that domestic violence in the West rises after these games, but Scottish Police have got the hump with some Hibs fans running on the pitch to celebrate winning the Scottish Cup.

When will Scottish Police raid the SFA and make arrests for not controlling the event inside the stadium and when will the Compliance Officer speak out about the smoke bombs and sectarian singing during the game and punish the sore and battered losers.

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoHibby View Post
    Does anyone actually know what the "score" is in terns of arrests?
    How would we go about finding out? We could hazzard a guess based on the post codes of those arrested but that approach will not be totally accurate.....for example it may be wrong to assume that guy arrested in Tranent is a Hibby (cough cough).

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    What a waste of f***ing money by Scottish Police, 38 arrests, you get more arrests at a old firm game when they play and not forgetting that domestic violence in the West rises after these games, but Scottish Police have got the hump with some Hibs fans running on the pitch to celebrate winning the Scottish Cup.

When will Scottish Police raid the SFA and make arrests for not controlling the event inside the stadium and when will the Compliance Officer speak out about the smoke bombs and sectarian singing during the game and punish the sore and battered losers.

Well said Silverhibee 👏👏 Hopefully someone at the club are reading your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat s 4 View Post
    How come the cops can kick in a 17 year old laddie fi mussy's door at 7 in the morning, but all the crooked mps and so called cellebs get invited to come to a police station
    Take it that actually happened?

More arrests

They wont address those issues Silver This is a Witch Hunt against pur Club driven by The Rangers and aided and abetted by those in Power at the S F A
    I M O They are both for different reasons embarrassed at their own role in allowing events to develop the way they did
    Rangers are fuming at not winning and then desperate to deflect away from their own fans behaviour and failings
    The SFA didn't anticipate us winning the way we did and somehow Stewards and Police were posted missing

I have no doubt Rangers players got mixed up in the over exuberant celebrations and one or two situations may have got put pf hand with some fans rubbing Rangers players noses in it that we won and them reacting to that
    The other incidents of pushing the goalie and trying to throw punches were not needed and in no way do i condone them
    But to suggest and claim all Rangers players were assaulted was at best misleading and i do hope the independent inquiry takes a view on this matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ronniekirk; 02-07-2016 at 01:19 PM.

To be fair, I don't think that the polis are driving this bus. I thought that, once they got to grips with the situation, they handled the situation calmly. It was inevitable that once the the Rangers and the MSM started mouthing off, they had to be seen to be doing somethin... As you say, they have to deal with far worse on any Saturday night

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Ronniekirk;4748723]They wont address those issues Silver This is a Witch Hunt against pur Club driven by The Rangers and aided and abetted by those in Power at the S F A
    I M O They are both for different reasons embarrassed at their own role in allowing events to develop the way they did
    Rangers are fuming at not winning and then desperate to deflect away from their own fans behaviour and failings
    The SFA didn't anticipate us winning the way we did and somehow Stewards and Police were posted missing

I have no doubt Rangers players got mixed up in the over exuberant celebrations and one or two situations may have got put pf hand with some fans rubbing Rangers players noses in it that we won and them reacting to that
    The other incidents of pushing the goalie and trying to throw punches were not needed and in no way do i condone them
    But to suggest and claim all Rangers players were assaulted was at best misleading and i do hope the independent inquiry takes a view on this matter

When does the SFA stitch up, sorry inquiry , get underway ? Are we waiting for the blazers to get back from the Euro's.

What about the compliance officer's report ? suppose it can't come out until the Rangers have had a chance to read and approve it.

[QUOTE=greenginger;4748775]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    They wont address those issues Silver This is a Witch Hunt against pur Club driven by The Rangers and aided and abetted by those in Power at the S F A

When does the SFA stitch up, sorry inquiry , get underway ? Are we waiting for the blazers to get back from the Euro's.

What about the compliance officer's report ? suppose it can't come out until the Rangers have had a chance to read and approve it.
    The commission's findings are due at the end of the month...but I daresay the SFA will sit on it for a while to clean it up.

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=greenginger;4748775]

Understand Hibs have just about finished our reports so SFA can't be blamed at this stage. It will take ages.

More arrests

Another article appearing in Daily record with 13 mugshots of fans the police want help to identify to assist with inquiries
    But yet again They highlight the hibs fan not getting a jail sentence for assaulting Fotheringham which was in effect a push from someone with no previous and fail to mention the Rangers fans clearly seen kicking fans in the head and wielding corner flags etc
    Says forty fans needed medical treatment including one victim with punctured lung which brings home the reality that if more Rangers fans had come onto the Pitch there was the Potential for events to have got further out of hand and more injuries and thats where those fans who headed to the trackside and were goading the Rangers fans could lead to our fine being a big one as i think we are going to be used so that the S F A put down a marker for the future

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Another article appearing in Daily record with 13 mugshots of fans the police want help to identify to assist with inquiries
    But yet again They highlight the hibs fan not getting a jail sentence for assaulting Fotheringham which was in effect a push from someone with no previous and fail to mention the Rangers fans clearly seen kicking fans in the head and wielding corner flags etc
    Says forty fans needed medical treatment including one victim with punctured lung which brings home the reality that if more Rangers fans had come onto the Pitch there was the Potential for events to have got further out of hand and more injuries and thats where those fans who headed to the trackside and were goading the Rangers fans could lead to our fine being a big one as i think we are going to be used so that the S F A put down a marker for the future

Petrie knows where the bodies are buried at the SFA. 5 way agreements, resolution 12, Campbell Ogilvie et al. I would expect some meetings in dark, smoke filled rooms regarding sanctions for Hibs AND Rangers.

Hopefully he and a legal team are ready if the corrupt suits at the SFA suddenly discover they have a pair of balls.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

If the " goading " by Hibs fans is being considered as the flash point for the on pitch violence, surely 90 minutes of sectarian songs , smoke bombs and flares from the Rangers fans must be considered as reason for the behavior of some of our fans in the first place.

Its bull**** I know, their songs didn't force our fans to carry out celebrations at their end any more than the said celebrations compelled the Rangers fans to come on the the pitch and attack the Hibs fans.

But there's going to be a lot of bull**** flying about , we might as well stock up with some of our own.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    The SFA and the Glasgow Police have shown that they have the resource and ability and dare I say the enthusiasm to round up all the people identified. I have got no real issue with that but for the sake of consistency there has to be a the same effort applied after the first Old Firm game in the coming season.

Daily Record reporting that 40 people needed medical treatment? Where are they plucking this figure from?

I never seen one person get medical treatment yet they are making out the pitch was awash with bodies getting medical assistance.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Ignore the Daily Record.

They print crap as click bait to push revenue.

How many times does it need saying?

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Daily Record reporting that 40 people needed medical treatment? Where are they plucking this figure from?

I never seen one person get medical treatment yet they are making out the pitch was awash with bodies getting medical assistance.
    I saw at least 3 Hibs fans kicked unconscious. I recon they needed medical treatment.

For the future ???

21 May 2016 was a unique event created and stoked up by the media for the media. All the subsequent hand-wringing and outrage by the press, BBC et al is utter hypocrisy. They need to have a look at themselves for the role they played in goading Hibs and Hibs fans every year for 40+ years. The police, SFA, media, Huns are all presenting themselves as outraged innocents who fell victim to a pre-meditated attack by hoards of Hibs rioters who were intent on trouble. They know that is simply a distortion of the truth to sooth their own consciences, embarrassment and disappointment.

No what confuses me, when you watch the clips it seems as if the rangers fans who did end up on the pitch all come from behind their goal. Did we no goad any of their fans in the North stand

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post

There was one guy unconscious on the park. Eleven Rangers players are still getting psychiatric help.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Images of suspects whom the Police still want to interview are on BBC Scotland's website. I'll not bother copying the link in case I'm infringing someone's rights or whatever.

Left by mutual consent!

It is anything but a witch hunt against our club,some of us are falling into the celtic ( we are victims ) attitude.

Had there been no pitch invasion from OUR fans we wouldn't be having this debate END OFF. The fact that we did we now find ourselves in this position because a few dozen ( over exuberant morons ) confronted and goaded both Rangers players and supporters.

Everyone in football is agreed that players and officials of all teams have the right to be free from verbal or physical threat, anyone invading the pitch to approach any player from an opposing team will receive stiff punishment, and rightly so.

The confrontation between fans is another matter and is dealt with as if it was a fight in the street.

The statement Rangers released after the match was an embarrassment and made them a laughing stock, that will have no bearing on the enquiry whatsoever. Let us just wait for the findings before we start hurling accusations and adopting the celtic attitude.

I also believe the stewarding and policing will bear some of the blame, thankfully no one was seriously hurt with the exception of the bread mans ego

Why dont they just ban every hibs fan who actually attended would that not be easier for these sour faced eejits.