hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: More arrests

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry but but that really is rubbish.They have been arrested and charged because of the TV evidence on the same basis as CCTV.You can't exclude evidence like that.What possible reason could there be.The Sheriff will certainly not be influenced by it beforehand.
    I didn't say TV evidence would be excluded, I said an attempt may be made to exclude TV evidence. I strongly suspect that may be the case, or some other technical reason may be invoked to have the charges dropped. As in everything the UK & others follow the example of the USA & unfortunately in my work I saw numerous cases where charges were either dropped or reduced because of a technicality. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen but as GG said there's a pattern emerging here.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    By the time it comes to trial there lawyer will know all the evidence, if it's stacked against them then a wee deal with the lawyer and prosecutor will be made where his client will plead guilty to a lesser charge or some words taken out of the charge and hope for a small fine and banning order.
    Sigh.... Was a nice thought though

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Huv tae disagree with you a wee bit. I was standing next to two celtic supporters at the final. The steward was also a sellik fan. There were quite a few maybe not 1000,s but quite a few non Hibs or Hun fans there.
    Given that 10 thousand tickets are available to neutrals at any cup final that's not really a surprise but who cares it was an attractive fixture that turned out to be a cracker

Keith Jackson, the Daily Hun and Rangers Supporters Group

Any apology yet for their pathetic lies after the cup final that all rangers players were brutally attacked and that the rangers fans showed "great restraint"?

Hibs as a club should be making more of a fuss about this. If it was the other way about, Rangers would be going crazy. Its obvious what the media and rangers fan groups agenda was - exaggerate the incident as much as possible to deflect away from the game but never the less it was absolutely disgraceful the way they came out the with whole "we are victims, the big bad hibees attacked us, the rangers fans were trying to save the players" etc etc.

It was cringeworthy then and it still is. Rangers fans, the most despicable, bigotted set of fans in the country trying to take some sort of moral high ground

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Any apology yet for their pathetic lies after the cup final that all rangers players were brutally attacked and that the rangers fans showed "great restraint"?

Hibs as a club should be making more of a fuss about this. If it was the other way about, Rangers would be going crazy. Its obvious what the media and rangers fan groups agenda was - exaggerate the incident as much as possible to deflect away from the game but never the less it was absolutely disgraceful the way they came out the with whole "we are victims, the big bad hibees attacked us, the rangers fans were trying to save the players" etc etc.

It was cringeworthy then and it still is. Rangers fans, the most despicable, bigotted set of fans in the country trying to take some sort of moral high ground
    Rangers went crazy our custodians didn't - period.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Rangers went crazy our custodians didn't - period.
    There's class and there's Hibs class 😉

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar

I will make Jackshun snap. Only a matter of time.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Aldo , I wonder if the full facts will emerge from the independent tribunal and if we as a club will get or ask for an apology from Rangers and the press for the continued propagation of inaccuracies which played a part in hyping and inflaming the situation when that was the last thing that was needed Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ronnie

Do you really think the west coast media, from the Daily Rag to BBC Clownsound??

Nope I don't for one minute and TBH i don't think anyone expects anything from them.

They portrayed this as a 'riot' with numerous media outlets reporting players being violently attacked with Jacksun reporting all 11 having been attacked.

Sorry to run over all this again but I really do hope I am wrong and the club has a list of issues they will raise once the dust has finally settled.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I will make Jackshun snap. Only a matter of time.
    He's a cowering little man. His hun arse sooking and lies have finally come to light. He was all mouth after the final, nowhere to be seen now that his lies have been exposed.

So Hibs fans arrested in dawn raids, the ones who have pleaded guilty it would seem most have never been in bother before in there life, I take it they are then taken to Govan Police station for questioning, did they have any advice from a lawyer, I'm sure a lawyer would be saying, "give your name, address, and DOB and when questioned about incident you reply to every question with a no comment to each question the police ask you," and lawyer will see you in court in the morning and you will plead Not guilty and get bail and we will wait to see what evidence there is before we go to trial in the future.

The drive through to Govan police station would have been a hoot for a young lad, interrogated in the van by the police and letting him know that there are loads of witnesses who have seen him commit the crime he has been charged with, pretty sure Barlinnie prison was mentioned a few times in the journey to him as well, and just as they are getting to Govan police station, some Jimmy good guy copper says to the lad, don't listen to them, you plead guilty to this in the morning and you will be out tomorrow with a fine and back home.

Why the f*** were lawyers letting Hibs fans plead guilty to charges and every loser fan "apart from the daftie from Dumbarton was the only one who has pleaded guilty" the rest have all went with Not guilty's and I bet there statement to every question is "no comment".

Pretty sure I read somewhere that a Rangers group would help with legal advice and were setting up a fund to help pay for any fines they receive if found guilty.
    By the time it comes to trial there lawyer will know all the evidence, if it's stacked against them then a wee deal with the lawyer and prosecutor will be made where his client will plead guilty to a lesser charge or some words taken out of the charge and hope for a small fine and banning order.

Totally agree.
    anyone who has pleaded guilty at this stage is likely to be a first offender and doesn't know the system, wants it over and done with to get on with their lives, especially if it's a minor offence. Those who know the system and have previous, will know they are likely to be jailed if they plead guilty, so will be clutching at straws to get off in any way possible, knowing it will be at least a year before it goes to trial.

GGTTH
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016

@hibs.net private member
    According to IPSO, complaint about inaccuracy of Jackson piece not upheld.

https://justbhoy.wordpress.com/2016/...king-your-bed/

You complained under Clause 1 (Accuracy) that it was inaccurate for the article to suggest that every player of the Rangers team was assaulted following a pitch invasion by Hibernian supporters. We note that you did not attend the football match and therefore are not in a position to know whether every player of the Rangers team who was on the pitch at the final whistle, was assaulted. Further the newspaper made the basis for its position clear, making reference to a source who said “not one of our players got off the park without being attacked in some way”. As such we did not consider the article to be significantly misleading and could not consider your complaint as a possible breach of Clause 1.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    According to IPSO, complaint about inaccuracy of Jackson piece not upheld.

https://justbhoy.wordpress.com/2016/...king-your-bed/
    IPSO

Essentially the new front for the same culture that brought you phone hacking and all the other obscenities a blind eye was turned to in return for the right lunch or backhander as appropriate. New monkeys very similar organ grinder.

Wonder what the outcome would be if someone who was at the game complained? Not much different but the fundamental issue is the "journalist" in question did no checking of a story because he made it up on the spot as a result of his personal prejudices, his newspaper supported it by their own prejudice or indifference and the new regulator finds a way round it - Statutory regulation is all that's left. It's not about restrict press freedom its about controlling their ability to invent and promote untruths to suit petty agendas, far worse when you look at recent past conduct, pretty much the same faces are controlling the show.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    JJ having a right go at the Rangers statement after the final and subsequent reporting on BBC etc.

https://johnjamessite.com/

According to JJ the arrest count is 4 Hibs supporters and 34 supporters from the west of Scotland.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Evening News saying one of those west coast supporters just been jailed for 4 months

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    Evening News saying one of those west coast supporters just been jailed for 4 months
    20 previous convictions. Looks like he has a history of being severely provoked.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    and, now that he has been convicted, has been confirmed as a Rangers supporter.

... with 20 previous convictions

Happy 21st!
    Space to let

First Team Breakthrough MurrayfieldHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    20 previous convictions. Looks like he has a history of being severely provoked.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    and, now that he has been convicted, has been confirmed as a Rangers supporter.

... with 20 previous convictions

Pleaded guilty.Another myth scotched?

Haha sounds like he got paggered as well.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post

Worlds unluckiest hun, severely provoked 20 times whilst following the busted flush club as well, will it never end. Hoping this gets properly reported as the justice system seems to have worked with what was obviously one of real severe offences.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Laugh all you want, but I'll guarantee that that will be light compared with what will be dished out to a few Hibs supporters.

Have any been charged with assault yet?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Laugh all you want, but I'll guarantee that that will be light compared with what will be dished out to a few Hibs supporters.
    Like you I am slightly pessimistic that the establishment requires that some poor Hibby gets hit with a punishment disproportionate to the crime.

The meejah really need something to deflect attention away from where all the real violent offences and convictions actually land, especially the guilty pleas from the "west of Scotland" fans of unnamed clubs who were on the pitch but not for celebrations.

Sir Matt Busby

Bang on great post👍

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...haos-1-4189641

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone is charged with assault and found guilty he will get a laid down sentence.Anything else will at the very worst be community service.

Hibs are not exactly in the strongest position here and will not want to pre-empt the Indy Commission report which is due out .... today (end of July). Crazy, but I still have faith that the IC will highlight all the failures and offenders after FT, including Sevco's ridiculous false and inflammatory claims.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    On BBC news too
    Rangers fan jailed for four months over Hampden disorder
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-36923023

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    On BBC news too
    Rangers fan jailed for four months over Hampden disorder
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-36923023

Well if he got four months for attempting to hit a hibs fan the person who decked him ( and he ended up unconscious ) will get a hefty sentence
    Sheriff made point his disgraceful behaviour was beamed round the world So Expect this will play a key factor used against us as a Club when dishing out our punishment
    The judge made no mention of our long wait for glory maybe keeping that fpr when a Hibee goes before them