hibs.net Messageboard

Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 2422
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    It was pretty lame, letís be honest.

PMQs is PMQs and is the opportunity for Parliament to try and hold the Prime Minister to account. There is no way that should be aborted because Blackford wants an immediate vote.

Blackford could have requested an emergency debate to follow PMQs and almost certainly would have got it, but instead we get a publicity stunt, much like the post-election stuff with the clapping and sitting in the official Opposition spaces. Stuff that makes the TV news but glosses over a lack of policy detail.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ?
    Check out twitter or the news. SNP MPs left their instructions on the parliament benches when they walked out.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Check out twitter or the news. SNP MPs left their instructions on the parliament benches when they walked out.
    Canít see that. If there were instructions, so what?

A party making a unified point is making a point.

I still believe that this is an attack on the Scottish Parliament.

Post Brexit, Tory, Labour, Lib Dem, Green and SNP MSPs will all have less power than they currently have. The filibustering last night was terrible.

A sad day.

J

Peak banter, if it was accurate. Look at the top of the order being touted by unionist Tory MPs.. see if it says PMQs or yesterdayís order of business.

Good effort though

@hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post

PMQs is PMQs and is the opportunity for Parliament to try and hold the Prime Minister to account. There is no way that should be aborted because Blackford wants an immediate vote.

Blackford could have requested an emergency debate to follow PMQs and almost certainly would have got it, but instead we get a publicity stunt, much like the post-election stuff with the clapping and sitting in the official Opposition spaces. Stuff that makes the TV news but glosses over a lack of policy detail.
    Bercow asked if Ian Blackford wanted the vote at the end of the session or now. He said now and then Bercow called for him to leave.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Bercow asked if Ian Blackford wanted the vote at the end of the session or now. He said now and then Bercow called for him to leave.
    He told him to leave because he was stopping PMQs progressing.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Juvenile, attention seeking, tedious rabble. Their behaviour doesn't exactly help their case.

Can’t see that. If there were instructions, so what?

A party making a unified point is making a point.

I still believe that this is an attack on the Scottish Parliament.

Post Brexit, Tory, Labour, Lib Dem, Green and SNP MSPs will all have less power than they currently have. The filibustering last night was terrible.

A sad day.

J
    Totally agree wish some of the other parties had some principles also

Shameful there was no debate last night about devolved governments re brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pointer View Post
    Juvenile, attention seeking, tedious rabble. Their behaviour doesn't exactly help their case.
    OK. The way the message was delivered aside. Does the Westminster power grab not concern you?

These are devolved powers going straight to to Westminster from the EU rather than remaining with the Scottish Parliament.

Itís also a slap in the face of those who believe in Devolution rather than Independence.

J
    Last edited by Bristolhibby; 13-06-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Jockholm Syndrome out in full force amongst the yoons today.

I honestly think if unionists caught someone from Westminster riding their wife they'd just go sit in the corner and have a chug about their worthlessness.

It's ****ing pathetic and one of the reasons why I'm glad not to be in Scotland anymore, the lack of balls on show is embarrassing.

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post

The Bain principle is strong with this one.

He went to the government in the morning to ask for emergency legislation so they could debate the devolution aspect of the bill, instead of the 19 minutes listening to a Tory minister.

Bercow had told then last night, when the many points of order were heard, that they should use the rules of parliament to bring their argument to the fore.

When, blackford used those rules, he was wrongfully suspended from the house.

Don't leave, lead the UK they said.

In yer dreams.

SCOTLAND CAN.

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Really?

SCOTLAND CAN.

Testimonial Due
    It's obviously a stunt, but as others have said it has worked - and filibustering is a stupid anachronism that is just not fair, or constructive so while I think some of the SNP's pettiness towards Westminster was childish attention seeking, I think in this instance they may have a point, or at least some justification.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Really?
    No. Itís a lie.

First Team Breakthrough
    It was a stunt but its a stunt that has gained the attention of most non political minded Scots. If there hadn't been a walkout then the debate the Speaker said could happen at the end wouldn't have made the news and no one would be any wiser. Sometimes these sort of things have to have happen for the people to realise what is going on and to gain attention. Our democracy at Holyrood is without doubt being attacked and I for one think its an absolute outrage and I'm now happy that I'm hearing people who don't really care too much about politics say the same thing.

@hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    Great publicity stunt but ultimately what has it achieved? Has it lead to a new debate or progress in what caused the grievance in the first place? Maybe some fresh thinking was required to get a new approach agreed.

If some of us just walked out where we worked then I am sure some of us wouldn't have a job to go back to.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    If some of us just walked out where we worked then I am sure some of us wouldn't have a job to go back to.
    Itís really not the same thing at all, is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great publicity stunt but ultimately what has it achieved? Has it lead to a new debate or progress in what caused the grievance in the first place? Maybe some fresh thinking was required to get a new approach agreed.

See the post above your post for your answer.

J

Quote Originally Posted by fulshie View Post
    It was a stunt but its a stunt that has gained the attention of most non political minded Scots. If there hadn't been a walkout then the debate the Speaker said could happen at the end wouldn't have made the news and no one would be any wiser. Sometimes these sort of things have to have happen for the people to realise what is going on and to gain attention. Our democracy at Holyrood is without doubt being attacked and I for one think its an absolute outrage and I'm now happy that I'm hearing people who don't really care too much about politics say the same thing.

Most people just don't give a ****. It's a non-story, except for political obsessives who desperately want it to be a story.

There should have been a third option: outraged/disappointed/heard it.

Does the Westminster power grab not concern you?

J
    Westminster looks more like the Weimar Republic every day!!

He went to the government in the morning to ask for emergency legislation so they could debate the devolution aspect of the bill, instead of the 19 minutes listening to a Tory minister.

Bercow had told then last night, when the many points of order were heard, that they should use the rules of parliament to bring their argument to the fore.

In yer dreams.

Aye, it's all tears and snotters.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fulshie View Post
    Has that actually happened though?

As with most politics, people who liked the SNP/independence are saying it has highlighted to the masses how unfairly we're treated and those who don't like SNP/independence are saying that it was a classless premeditated stunt.

There's the odd exception either way naturally, but on the whole I don't know if it's highlighted much to anyone.
    Mon the Hibs.

In yer dreams.
    You know and I know that you made that up.

The Bain principle is funny, another made-up nationalist thing to try and create and stoke difference. Which is why you only ever hear Nats mentioning it. Itís not a principle, that term gives it some sort of authority or legitimacy it simply doesnít have.

There are plenty of examples of SNP and Labour politicians voting together at all levels of government.

But it doesnít create resentment if you admit that, does it?

And lets be honest, nationalism relies on resentment, itís the fuel you need to get your majority.

It's bound to be the hot topic of discussion in the offices, building sites and factories tomorrow. Love Island will be at the back of the queue!

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Has that actually happened though?

As with most politics, people who liked the SNP/independence are saying it has highlighted to the masses how unfairly we're treated and those who don't like SNP/independence are saying that it was a classless premeditated stunt.

There's the odd exception either way naturally, but on the whole I don't know if it's highlighted much to anyone.
    For a non story, 1500 people have actually joined the SNP since PMQs this afternoon.

Pretty impressive IMHO.

J

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Itís really not the same thing at all, is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Why is that? If we all walked out every time something never went the way we wanted it then nothing would get done. As I said a point was made, but what progression was made on solving what caused the walkout in the first place?

For a non story, 1500 people have actually joined the SNP since PMQs this afternoon.

Pretty impressive IMHO.

J
    Sure they have.

Pretty impressive IMHO.

J
    This surely is the age of fat lies!

Pretty impressive IMHO.

J
    Cool story bro.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

Correct, we really need to learn our place.