hibs.net Messageboard

Page 144 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,320 of 4667
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Some sense in the middle of the Theresa Mayhem

https://twitter.com/ChrisMasonBBC/st...487066624?s=19
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Every politician has a part to play in this mess. Having someone leading the negotiations who doesn't believe in the principle is simply bonkers. The fact that people in this country are doing all they can to make sure we get a ***** deal is a disgrace.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think if there is another vote then the type of leave we are asked to vote on should be on the ballot paper.
    If it’s a hard brexit then say so.
    Many were seduced by the thought that we would have an amazing trade deal while getting rid of the democratic deficit that exists with the EU. That no longer exists and it should be made clear what we are voting on next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what I think might end up happening. The vote on the deal will lose, the government won't have a second option prepared within the time frame after failing to get any concessions from Europe and we'll then have a "no deal or no Brexit" referendum.

What happens afterwards is anyone's guess, but I can't see it being amicable regardless. In fact, the only positive I can think of in favour of Brexit is that the only way out of this mess would be to try it and it actually working out okay.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    The fact that people in this country are doing all they can to make sure we get a ***** deal is a disgrace.
    Perhaps a ***** deal is all that's available.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Perhaps a ***** deal is all that's available.
    If we had pulled together from the start I think we would have been in a far better position now. If my auntie and all that, but I'm just saddened by the whole thing. It seems that party politics and point scoring is more important than getting our heads together and doing the best for everyone.

@hibs.net private member
    If we had pulled together from the start I think we would have been in a far better position now.
    There's no way I'm going to lift a finger to assist the country commit economic suicide.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    What are the chances of Labour making ground in Scotland against the SNP given their stance on Brexit and general performance?

SCOTTISH Labour will be wiped out at the next election if Jeremy Corbynfails to oppose Brexit, a new poll has revealed.
    50 comments
    The YouGov survey of 2196 Scots, carried out for the People’s Vote campaign, suggests support for Richard Leonard and colleagues would plummet to just 15%, with a quarter of Labour voters switching to the SNP.
    One Labour MP described the shock news as a “real wake up call” for Corbyn.
    The poll, carried out as part of a UK-wide survey of 25000 people, found that currently, the SNP have the support of 40% of voters, while the Tories are on 25%, Labour on 21% and the LibDems on 8%.
    But the poll suggested that if Labour voted “with the Tories to bring about Brexit,” their share of the vote would slump 6 points to 15%, 28 points behind the SNP, who would move up to 43%, And even if Corbyn gives his MPs a free vote on Theresa May’s Brexit deal, support would still collapse to around 16%.
    In both situations the Tory vote share remains roughly the same.
    Labour’s Ged Killen, who narrowly won Rutherglen and Hamilton West from the SNP in 2017, said his party would be punished if they failed to oppose Brexit: “This poll is a real wake-up call for the Labour leadership and is a warning not to appease the Government over Brexit.

personally, i'm disgusted Slab would even get in to double figures

Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 10-01-2019 at 09:24 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    SCOTTISH Labour will be wiped out at the next election if Jeremy Corbynfails to oppose Brexit, a new poll has revealed.
    50 comments
    The YouGov survey of 2196 Scots, carried out for the People’s Vote campaign, suggests support for Richard Leonard and colleagues would plummet to just 15%, with a quarter of Labour voters switching to the SNP.
    The poll, carried out as part of a UK-wide survey of 25000 people, found that currently, the SNP have the support of 40% of voters, while the Tories are on 25%, Labour on 21% and the LibDems on 8%.
    But the poll suggested that if Labour voted “with the Tories to bring about Brexit,” their share of the vote would slump 6 points to 15%, 28 points behind the SNP, who would move up to 43%, And even if Corbyn gives his MPs a free vote on Theresa May’s Brexit deal, support would still collapse to around 16%.
    Labour’s Ged Killen, who narrowly won Rutherglen and Hamilton West from the SNP in 2017, said his party would be punished if they failed to oppose Brexit: “This poll is a real wake-up call for the Labour leadership and is a warning not to appease the Government over Brexit.

I can't comment on the precise figures, but it seems clear that Labour will suffer a heavy loss of support, and not just in Scotland, if they don't oppose Brexit.

I can't imagine that the party will allow that to happen.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I can't comment on the precise figures, but it seems clear that Labour will suffer a heavy loss of support, and not just in Scotland, if they don't oppose Brexit.

I can't imagine that the party will allow that to happen.
    Vacancy:

Political party desperately seeks leader.
    The successful candidate will not only be the leader of the opposition, he/she will also act on what the large majority of party members want etc etc.

@hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Get a new leader (Yvette Cooper?), oppose brexit and offer to revoke article 50 and labour wins a landslide victory in GE.
    Don’t and suffer a humiliating defeat to this Tory govt.
    Seems mad that they are going for the latter but that’s the Labour Party. Happy in opposition.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    50 comments

Why would Labour pander to a couple of seats in Scotland when there's more to lose in England if they do so?

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Why would Labour pander to a couple of seats in Scotland when there's more to lose in England if they do so?
    Because if Scotland gains Independence they lose their traditional Scottish power base in parliament forever?

First Team Breakthrough Curried's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875godsgift View Post
    Because if Scotland gains Independence they lose their traditional Scottish power base in parliament forever?
    So what? Regardless of which partly holds the majority in Scotland it makes no meaningful difference to the outcome at Westminster.
    This is arguably the most important reason why Scotland should be free to make its own decisions - like most normal countries.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875godsgift View Post
    Labour need to plan not to have Scottish MPS anyway.

They only have 7 out of 59 MPs. In 2015 they had 1!

J

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This, for me, is another big sign that the traditional Tory vs Labour political divide is becoming less and less relevant to the British people. It won't surprise me at all if both of those parties break up and new, more relevant, blocs form over the next decade.

And now they have cancelled pancake day.
    #Persevered

As for that self-styled Frodo, David Cameron, we are still unable to quantify how wrong his plan to destroy the ring has gone, other than to say the Shire is now primarily a vast Orc brothel.
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ow-car-sticker

If we had pulled together from the start I think we would have been in a far better position now. If my auntie and all that, but I'm just saddened by the whole thing. It seems that party politics and point scoring is more important than getting our heads together and doing the best for everyone.
    How would that have made any difference? Government with a miniscule majority backed by DUP, there was alwaus going to be huge scrutiny on the deal she came back with.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I can't believe Marina Hyde has stolen my thing of making Brexit into Tolkein metaphors ****in' plagiarism

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I can't believe Marina Hyde has stolen my thing of making Brexit into Tolkein metaphors ****in' plagiarism
    Wonder what her username is?

ltgf!

@hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    Yes your type underneath their surface are all about rounding up the perceived outsiders or anyone who doesn't agree with you should be rounded up and expelled.

How very progressive and inclusive off you.

We reach out to our yellow vest brothers and sisters in France and across Europe! Mon the European spring!

Viva La vest!!!

Some of the things these yellow vest brothers of yours stand for are really quite disgusting.

Some of the things these yellow vest brothers of yours stand for are really quite disgusting.

Who pays into a Pention?

Some getting arrested now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46849939
    #Persevered

They need a wee bit help with their marketing I'll give you that!

@hibs.net private member
    And their spelling.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

It's hard to get any more populist than that.

I can't disagree with that. Your pals need to be educated, that's obvious. Where was it printed? Need a better proof reader.

The highlight of that for me is "fake laws". :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I can't disagree with that. Your pals need to be educated, that's obvious. Where was it printed? Need a better proof reader.
    I dinnae Ken where it was printed. How do I Ken that it was not you or one of your pals who done it to try and dirty the vests image in public?

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow.

Somebody needs to teach them the difference between for and against