hibs.net Messageboard

Page 124 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,720 of 3978
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    UK blocks Scottish support for EU citizens' settled status fees

"The Scottish Government is committed to paying the fee for EU citizens working in our devolved public services.

"However, the UK Government will not allow third-party payments, thereby forcing EU citizens to pay it up-front."

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17...d-status-fees/
    You can't make this stuff up, the Tories and their supporters go on and on, and on and on about if the Scottish Government feels a particular way about something then they should use the funds given to them by UK Government appropriately... Then when the Scottish government tries to they get stymied.

Politics eh!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    "The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
    --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

2. Log in to remove the advert

They were in the chamber until around 1 in the morning, talking about the impact brexit would have on the Scottish Economy. Every tory along with the vast majority of Labour MPs cleared out after the 3 government defeats.

I don't care how people try to dress it up any differently. Only one party is sticking up for Scotland and anybody who backs any of those other parties is not sticking up for Scotland.
    Deary me!

That statement is right up there alongside equivalent ones made by the likes of the bnp and national front.

If you don't support the snp your'e anti scottish?

Wow!

Mon Labour!!!

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    Deary me!

That statement is right up there alongside equivalent ones made by the likes of the bnp and national front.

Wow!

Mon Labour!!!
    AARRRGGGHHH!! Apostrophe alert. See the standards of education in this wee country of ours.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    You can't make this stuff up, the Tories and their supporters go on and on, and on and on about if the Scottish Government feels a particular way about something then they should use the funds given to them by UK Government appropriately... Then when the Scottish government tries to they get stymied.

Politics eh!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    It's absolutely disgusting, but normal for the Tories.

They really know no bounds when it comes to building hurdles for those who wish to make their way in our country. To even think of asking to pay to stay is appalling. They're even charging the bairns.

It's about time we decided to stop enforcing their laws on the people of Scotland.

How low can they go. Let's starve the Irish, where have I heard this before.

https://t.co/8zH1CYnroB
    Last edited by ronaldo7; 07-12-2018 at 02:32 PM.

SCOTLAND CAN.

@hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Deary me!

Wow!

Mon Labour!!!
    If you vote for a party that actively works against Scotland, then what does that make you?

I take it that you'll be at the teachers strike? Despite the fact that teachers already get the best deal in the UK in Scotland and Labour voted down a Scottish budget increase with the tories at westminster to prevent an SNP Government from paying them more.

@hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    My worry is I have been living in an echo chamber (the kind where my opinion makes perfect sense and everyone else is clearly mental to think otherwise). Some of the polling does not make good reading.

In a three way shoot off, Mays deal wins.

England is clearly mental.

That's mental. I thought the referendum would end up at the extremes of "remain" or "no deal".

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Deary me!

Wow!

Mon Labour!!!
    I see you've omitted the Scottish part of your strapline.

You've gone all Anglo again eh.

SCOTLAND CAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    That's mental. I thought the referendum would end up at the extremes of "remain" or "no deal".
    I haven't found the numbers for this poll yet. It's done in a slightly unusual way by giving 3 options and asking for a 1st and 2nd preference. Then they do the 3 head to head comparisons each time eliminating one of the options and redistributing its 2nd choices (hope that made sense). I suspect Remainers would be less likely to give a 2nd choice whereas Leavers might split between the 2 Leave options. I'll see if I can find the tables ...

Edit: It appears they only accepted responses where people ranked all 3 options which seems a bit strange.

The switchers between 1st ref vote and now are interesting. Most going Remain->Leave are Tory (by 2017 vote) whereas most going Leave->Remain are Labour. I guess Brexit is becoming seen as more of a Tory thing.
    Last edited by JeMeSouviens; 07-12-2018 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I haven't found the numbers for this poll yet. It's done in a slightly unusual way by giving 3 options and asking for a 1st and 2nd preference. Then they do the 3 head to head comparisons each time eliminating one of the options and redistributing its 2nd choices (hope that made sense). I suspect Remainers would be less likely to give a 2nd choice whereas Leavers might split between the 2 Leave options. I'll see if I can find the tables ...
    Guess it comes from this

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...P%20report.pdf

A lot to read

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...tituencies-it-
    Last edited by Moulin Yarns; 07-12-2018 at 03:15 PM.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

I wouldn't trust that yougov poll. Support for May's deal has stuck around 25%. It's less popular than no-deal. So either it's fake, or it's been pieced together on the orders of downing street.

Direction of travel in Yougov's "In hindsight, do you think Britain was right or wrong to vote to leave the European Union?" tracker is pretty clear:

I wouldn't trust that yougov poll. Support for May's deal has stuck around 25%. It's less popular than no-deal. So either it's fake, or it's been pieced together on the orders of downing street.
    Take your tinfoil hat to another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Yep, that's what I found. Doesn't have DK/refused to say numbers and was done in a somewhat unusual way (drag and drop the responses) so I'd take with a pinch of salt.

Take your tinfoil hat to another thread.
    It suggests that not a single constituency in England favours a no-deal brexit. With all due respect, that is complete and utter nonsense.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    It suggests that not a single constituency in England favours a no-deal brexit. With all due respect, that is complete and utter nonsense.
    No it says on a shootout, the no deal answer is eliminated.

J

If you vote for a party that actively works against Scotland, then what does that make you?

I take it that you'll be at the teachers strike? Despite the fact that teachers already get the best deal in the UK in Scotland and Labour voted down a Scottish budget increase with the tories at westminster to prevent an SNP Government from paying them more.
    Not only have you stated that supporting anyone other than the snp is anti Scottish you're additionally stating Scottish teachers are conspiring against the snp!

Crazy maybe?

I'd state definitely!

Direction of travel in Yougov's "In hindsight, do you think Britain was right or wrong to vote to leave the European Union?" tracker is pretty clear:

I'm no fan of Brexit, but is this not one of the occasions where you have to question the way a particular statistic is illustrated?

That y axis...........

If, as a percentage, that went from 0-100 then it would look a bit less spectacular.

Not only have you stated that supporting anyone other than the snp is anti Scottish you're additionally stating Scottish teachers are conspiring against the snp!

Crazy maybe?

I'd state definitely!

A
    Realy
    Stupid
    Example

Mon ABSNP
    #Persevered

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Why do they keep calling a second referendum a peopleís vote? It just seems like another way making a certain position more popular than it is. Politicians really get on my nerves at times.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    A
    Realy
    Stupid
    Example

Mon ABSNP
    Iíve got him on ignore so I didnít see the post you quoted, but I agree wholeheartedly with your reply.

United we stand here....

Crazy maybe?

I'd state definitely!
    Teachers want better pay and rightfully so. However, they're pointing the finger at the wrong government. Considering our governments budget is hugely dependant on what is being spent south of the border.

What you should be asking yourselves is. If the teachers already get a better deal in Scotland, then why is it that Labour are only pressing the teachers unions in Scotland to strike, but not south of the border?

It's almost as if they have a.................. political agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Iíve got him on ignore so I didnít see the post you quoted, but I agree wholeheartedly with your reply.
    Lord snooty's got me on ignore

Mon Labour!!!

Teachers want better pay and rightfully so. However, they're pointing the finger at the wrong government. Considering our governments budget is hugely dependant on what is being spent south of the border.

What you should be asking yourselves is. If the teachers already get a better deal in Scotland, then why is it that Labour are only pressing the teachers unions in Scotland to strike, but not south of the border?

It's almost as if they have a.................. political agenda.
    Yeah right, everything and everybody's conspiring against the snp

Yeah right, everything and everybody's conspiring against the snp
    It's called politics. If you didn't realize that political parties conspire against other political parties for their own objectives, then perhaps you should take up something that requires less thought process. Fishing perhaps?

It's called politics. If you didn't realize that political parties conspire against other political parties for their own objectives, then perhaps you should take up something that requires less thought process. Fishing perhaps?
    Calling folk who don't support the snp as 'anti Scottish' isn't politics and calling teachers who legitimately call for strike action as conspirators against the snp is simply paranoia. I'm not offended as you're obviously speaking emotively and in an uncontrolled manner.

However, you don't do your cause any favours whatsoever in spouting such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I'm no fan of Brexit, but is this not one of the occasions where you have to question the way a particular statistic is illustrated?

That y axis...........

If, as a percentage, that went from 0-100 then it would look a bit less spectacular.
    Nah, it's clearly labelled. If all axes on graphs had to start at zero, how mental would the chart of FTSE100 performance look? You'd have more than 2000 years of nothing at all then a wee thin squashed line on the very right hand side.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Why do they keep calling a second referendum a people’s vote? It just seems like another way making a certain position more popular than it is. Politicians really get on my nerves at times.
    Think it might have been Tony Bla who started that with the People's Princess p*sh.

Calling folk who don't support the snp as 'anti Scottish' isn't politics and calling teachers who legitimately call for strike action as conspirators against the snp is simply paranoia. I'm not offended as you're obviously speaking emotively and in an uncontrolled manner.

However, you don't do your cause any favours whatsoever in spouting such nonsense.
    Some teachers called for strike action, Labour then twisted the arm of the teachers union in Scotland to press for strike. An even higher percentage of teachers south of the border called for strike action and it fell on deaf ears.

Using the teachers as pawns is an utterly disgusting tactic, considering Labour in government in Scotland would run into the same problem themselves, as they would have to turn to the tory UK government to ask for additional funding, only to be turned down as well.

I'm not too concerned about trying to convince people such as yourself. I've learnt to spot a lost cause whenever I come across one.
    Last edited by Fife-Hibee; 07-12-2018 at 10:54 PM.

Just one last thing to add. If Labour care so much about how much teachers are getting paid. Then how is it that teachers get a better pay deal in Scotland under the SNP than they do in Wales under Labour?

Some teachers called for strike action, Labour then twisted the arm of the teachers union in Scotland to press for strike. An even higher percentage of teachers south of the border called for strike action and it fell on deaf ears.

Using the teachers as pawns is an utterly disgusting tactic, considering Labour in government in Scotland would run into the same problem themselves, as they would have to turn to the tory UK government to ask for additional funding, only to be turned down as well.

I'm not too concerned about trying to convince people such as yourself. I've learnt to spot a lost cause whenever I come across one.
    Have you any actual concrete proof of this?

Have you any actual concrete proof of this?
    Hmm, perhaps the fact that it's only happening in Scotland, where teachers get the best pay deal in the whole of the UK?