hibs.net Messageboard

Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899
Results 2,941 to 2,963 of 2963
    @hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why shouldn’t someone living here and paying taxes have a say in what happens here?
    Coz there foreign and all of them have zero checks which means they must be terrorists or bludgers or worse!

I wonder how many terror attacks have been committed by migrants to the uk that are foreign nationals

People are terrified of the most ridiculous things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Coz there foreign and all of them have zero checks which means they must be terrorists or bludgers or worse!

I wonder how many terror attacks have been committed by migrants to the uk that are foreign nationals

People are terrified of the most ridiculous things

What an idiotic response.

I lived in the Netherlands for 8 years...Never once did I feel the fate of their country should be in my hands.

For your information also....They recieve most taxes back.

Gamer IDs

Brexit - what will happen next

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    I lived in the Netherlands for 8 years...Never once did I feel the fate of their country should be in my hands.

They do? Christ i better tell my financee then - coz shes been contributing to the NHS and governments coffers since 2 months of setting foot in the country - what can she claim back???

Oh and Of course shaping our childrens minds by way of teaching

She is less deserving of a say though, right?

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    The ever increasing migrant population would probably swing it also...where they shouldnt even have a vote.

I heard Theresa May yesterday say the migrant population is 3,000,000.
    Im pretty sure every single one off them that can or should I say will be allowed with no checks....would vote remain.
    Wow, pretty big statements there.

Can you provide evidence for:

- "The ever increasing migrant population" - please let us know how the migrant population has changed since the Brexit vote in 2016?
    - "allowed with no checks" - what do you actually mean by this?
    - "every single one off (sic) them... would vote remain"

I have a friend who also stayed in the Netherlands for a number of years and returned recently, but interestingly he has very different views to you. He seems more willing to treat people as people, rather than labelling them before deciding whether they meet his approval or not.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post

- "The ever increasing migrant population" - please let us know how the migrant population has changed since the Brexit vote in 2016?

I have a friend who also stayed in the Netherlands for a number of years and returned recently, but interestingly he has very different views to you. He seems more willing to treat people as people, rather than labelling them before deciding whether they meet his approval or not.
    What an idiotic post *

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm not buying this 'resilient May' and 'new found respect' pish that is creeping into the media and social media narrative.

She was an opportunistic spectator throughout the referendum, a vulture who waited to see how things turned out to further her own ambitions. She knew the job she took on was impossible and so it has proven. Any galvanising of support from within her party is borne from a misplaced partisan loyalty; exactly what got us into this mess in the 1st place.

**** her and **** her party. We have the basis of actual facts now so let the people decide based on that rather than sensationalised claims and inflammatory narrative from dangerous ideologues dressed up as buffoons, self interested nobodies and utter ****s like Rees-Mogg.
    Aye all carefully stage managed including making the press conference run 20 minutes late.

Talks about doing what's right for the country. Like the DUP deal the only purpose of it was to keep her and her rotten to the core party in power.

No sympathy whatsoever.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    They do? Christ i better tell my financee then - coz shes been contributing to the NHS and governments coffers since 2 months of setting foot in the country - what can she claim back???

Oh and Of course shaping our childrens minds by way of teaching

She is less deserving of a say though, right?

If you dont believe that...check out taxback.com.
    Cause its true.

I got my tax back from The Netherlands.,,!,,

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post

Theresa May stated that figure in her Commons speech yesterday....So blame her

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    What an idiotic response.

Expand on your last sentence?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Theresa May stated that figure in her Commons speech yesterday....So blame her
    Three things:

1. We both know that's not the question I asked.
    2. Do you believe everything that comes out of Theresa May's mouth?
    3. Any answers to the three things I asked you to provide evidence for in my earlier post?

Gamer IDs

If you dont believe that...check out taxback.com.
    Cause its true.

I got my tax back from The Netherlands.,,!,,
    The website doesnt really tell me the rules - youve done it so if you could just explain that would be good

I notice you didnt confirm that a tax paying school teacher doesn’t deserve a say on the country she lives in- with her british partner and child

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Where do you get these ideas from?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!

@hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69
    Really?! I'd better go tell my fiancee then, we must be ****ing rich!

Rees Mogg has his 48 letters, sky news reporting. Whips called back to London, it's going to be a no confidence vote. Meanwhile, nobody is doing Brexit.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    The ever increasing migrant population would probably swing it also...where they shouldnt even have a vote. I heard Theresa May yesterday say the migrant population is 3,000,000. Im pretty sure every single one off them that can or should I say will be allowed with no checks....would vote remain.
    3 Million, similar to the population of NI, out of a total population of almost 67 Million. That would swing it right enough As for the tax rebates from your stay in the Netherlands, was this when you returned home, having over paid tax due to the way it is calculated? #askingforafriend
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Rees Mogg has his 48 letters, sky news reporting. Whips called back to London, it's going to be a no confidence vote. Meanwhile, nobody is doing Brexit.
    Excuse my ignorance but what does that mean? Leadership election or likely to be a general election?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but what does that mean? Leadership election or likely to be a general election?
    Leadership - the tories wont want a gen elec based on recent polling

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    It triggers a no confidence vote.

The big question is how many will back her.

I don't think she'd lose the vote to be honest but it's the level of backing she gets which will decide her future.

It may trigger a leadership challenge but I think the rebels would prefer her to resign first.

When Thatcher was challenged she actually won the first round but was gone within days.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    3 Million, similar to the population of NI, out of a total population of almost 67 Million. That would swing it right enough As for the tax rebates from your stay in the Netherlands, was this when you returned home, having over paid tax due to the way it is calculated? #askingforafriend
    Wales has about 3m people. NI is less than 2. 👍
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!

@hibs.net private member PeeJay's Avatar
    The ever increasing migrant population would probably swing it also...where they shouldnt even have a vote.

I heard Theresa May yesterday say the migrant population is 3,000,000.
    Im pretty sure every single one off them that can or should I say will be allowed with no checks....would vote remain.
    I initially assumed you were perhaps referring in your post to the Survation/C4 surveys referenced above as the "migrants" may have been polled for it, however, if by "migrants" you are in fact referring to EU migrants in the context of a referendum vote and you are claiming they would swing a referendum vote one way or the other (although "...they shouldn't get a vote") then you ought to know that they did not vote in the 2016 referendum and they "presumably" would not get a vote in a 2nd referendum either - only EU citizens from Ireland (SR), Malta & Cyprus (CW) were entitled to vote in the 2016 UK EU referendum - so how are they going to swing it?

https://www.gov.uk/government/topica...the-referendum

"Who can vote in the referendum?
    British, Irish and Commonwealth citizens aged 18 or over who are resident in the UK or Gibraltar will be eligible to vote. UK citizens resident overseas will also be eligible to vote, provided they have been registered to vote at a UK address in the last 15 years."

Let me know if I'm wrong!
    .... Die spinnen, die Briten ....

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    I initially assumed you were perhaps referring in your post to the Survation/C4 surveys referenced above as the "migrants" may have been polled for it, however, if by "migrants" you are in fact referring to EU migrants in the context of a referendum vote and you are claiming they would swing a referendum vote one way or the other (although "...they shouldn't get a vote") then you ought to know that they did not vote in the 2016 referendum and they "presumably" would not get a vote in a 2nd referendum either - only EU citizens from Ireland (SR), Malta & Cyprus (CW) were entitled to vote in the 2016 UK EU referendum - so how are they going to swing it?

https://www.gov.uk/government/topica...the-referendum

"Who can vote in the referendum?
    British, Irish and Commonwealth citizens aged 18 or over who are resident in the UK or Gibraltar will be eligible to vote. UK citizens resident overseas will also be eligible to vote, provided they have been registered to vote at a UK address in the last 15 years."

Let me know if I'm wrong!
    My take on the post was that they would swing polling done by Survation etc as these companies wouldn't check the eligibility to vote of the individual, but would have no impact on the actual referendum as they couldn't, wrongly IMO, vote in that one.

If there is a correlation between being an immigrant and wanting to remain - which is probably a reasonable one - then it would make sense that polls across everyone would be more remain heavy than any referendum re-run.

3.8M EU citizens in the UK wouldn't have got a vote - that's 5% of the population, and I'd imagine they might be skewed to being more likely to be over 18 and therefore an even larger % of those who would have (could have, I don't know for sure) been included in any polls.
    Last edited by danhibees1875; Today at 10:40 AM.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member PeeJay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    My take on the post was that they would swing polling done by Survation etc as these companies wouldn't check the eligibility to vote of the individual, but would have no impact on the actual referendum as they couldn't, wrongly IMO, vote in that one.

If there is a correlation between being an immigrant and wanting to remain - which is probably a reasonable one - then it would make sense that polls across everyone would be more remain heavy than any referendum re-run.

3.8M EU citizens in the UK wouldn't have got a vote - that's 5% of the population, and I'd imagine they might be skewed to being more likely to be over 18 and therefore an even larger % of those who would have (could have, I don't know for sure) been included in any polls.
    Fair points - just wasn't sure who the wording of the thread and post was actually aimed at ... think some of the responses showed it wasn't always taken as possibly meant?

Yeah, they don't have to or can't check the "eligibility" of individuals and they have no way of knowing if the answers given are honest/correct or not of course ...
    .... Die spinnen, die Briten ....

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Gove remaining as environment Secretary.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.