hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Pitch invasion: enhance of diminish the experience?

Voters
308. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tarnished - those Neds took the attention from team

94 30.52%
  • Enhanced - big fun & media/Hun reaction hilarious

105 34.09%
  • Neutral - insignificant in grand scheme of things

109 35.39%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From the TV pictures it looked like East Stand scallywags having a lot of fun and a huge emotional release, whilst their West Stand contemporaries sat in their seats, silently pleased, but furiously, mentally writing, scathing forum rebukes. I saw one woman walk on to the park with a scornful look about her countenance, for about 5 minutes, then she returned to her seat and start bashing away triumphantly at a craftily concealed Ipad. West Stand Lower I'll guess.
    Ah, a good old East stand vs West stand post......What a lot of guff
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Ah, a good old East stand vs West stand post......What a lot of guff
    My money would be on the West Stand if it came to a battle on the pitch. Maybe an idea for half time at one of the less attractive fixtures?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

BORING! I suppose these kind of threads do give a platform for the condescending moaners to continue their repetitive whinging on a topic that's been exhausted.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    My money would be on the West Stand if it came to a battle on the pitch. Maybe an idea for half time at one of the less attractive fixtures?
    The dust hasn't even settled on the last pitch invasion and you're wanting another pitch battle?

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    BORING! I suppose these kind of threads do give a platform for the condescending moaners to continue their repetitive whinging on a topic that's been exhausted.
    These kind of threads will continue until the commission's findings are made public...and then there will be threads discussing this....so a good couple of months at the very least.

Enjoy....or not, as takes your fancy

Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    The dust hasn't even settled on the last pitch invasion and you're wanting another pitch battle?

It wouldn't be a battle it would be a rout -the East are all talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    These kind of threads will continue until the commission's findings are made public...and then there will be threads discussing this....so a good couple of months at the very least.

Enjoy....or not, as takes your fancy
    It's the same people posting the same condescending comments, if they've not expressed their opinion once they've expressed it a hundred times

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    It wouldn't be a battle it would be a rout -the East are all talk.
    The East have the drum.

What do the West have? Prawn bloody sandwiches and sweetie wrappers never won a ruck yet.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    It's the same people posting the same condescending comments, if they've not expressed their opinion once they've expressed it a hundred times
    You don't spend time down at your local then? Same s**t, different day. Welcome to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    The East have the drum.

What do the West have? Prawn bloody sandwiches and sweetie wrappers never won a ruck yet.

The West Stand will sit back with their prawn sandwiches and watch their butlers make short work of the East Stand whilst tut-tutting about the noise level.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    The West Stand will sit back with their prawn sandwiches and watch their butlers make short work of the East Stand whilst tut-tutting about the noise level.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member
    I have a butler??? Woo hoo! The new season just got exciting!

Went to a junior ice hockey game here in Calgary and was able to get centre ice seats right by the penalty box.

We had bloody table service (without the table) as folk ran about getting beers and burgers for us. Couldn't hack it though and queued by myself (less tip ;))

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    The East have the drum.

Hate to break it to you crops but the West have the toora loo C'mon mon ma bonny boys gadge these days. The times they are a changing..

Quote Originally Posted by Stax View Post
    Hate to break it to you crops but the West have the toora loo C'mon mon ma bonny boys gadge these days. The times they are a changing..
    I think we are doing The Baby Crew in the Famouse Five a huge disservice here.

Quote Originally Posted by Loopz View Post
    I think we are doing The Baby Crew in the Famouse Five a huge disservice here.
    Hear hear!

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Oh the irony, clearly lost on some folk though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fife hfc View Post
    Nothing will ever tarnish that day for me. At the time I was gutted that I never went on but not too bothered about those who did. How can anything EVER tarnish the moment and feelings I had when Gray scored. Nothing can ruin that.
    Indeed. The only thing that tarnished it was the scandalous tripe that came from castle greyskull and repeated in the wedgie press. Nothing will ever change the feeling and as has been said the vast majority outside Scotland saw it as the joyous celebration it was.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    You may be right.

I think by the time the East Standers run the length of the gap between stand and pitch, to enter the field for the swedge, they may either be too out of breath, or too old and decrepit for fisticuffs. I would suggest a sustained aerial assault as a winning tactic for them - scarves with solid crusted pies from the kiosks placed in the lining, and launch them at the West. Lord knows they have plenty experience of throwing scarves on to the pitch from the Butcher\Calderwood eras, so they may just compete with old those old fancy pants in the West.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergye View Post
    You may be right.

I think by the time the East Standers run the length of the gap between stand and pitch, to enter the field for the swedge, they may either be too out of breath, or too old and decrepit for fisticuffs. I would suggest a sustained aerial assault as a winning tactic for them - scarves with solid crusted pies from the kiosks placed in the lining, and launch them at the West. Lord knows they have plenty experience of throwing scarves on to the pitch from the Butcher\Calderwood eras, so they may just compete with old those old fancy pants in the West.
    This would be the winning tactics for me, then mop up the few remaining stragglers by skiffing rock hard pizza slices at them like ninja discs.

Boil the few that remain in boiling hot brown bovril substitute to complete the rout.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    In a couple of years all the stuff about pitch invasion will be a distant memory but David Gray's winner will live forever. Best day of my life. GGTTH.

First Team Regular Canon Hannan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Auld Git View Post
    can understand the outpouring of emotion at the occassion. However, having said that, I did feel let down by not being able to see the players do the traditional "lap of Honour" after cup presentation.
    Don't for one minute believe all the crap issued by the sore losers re the violence, if anything it was their orks that caused any nastiness on the pitch. Why did ANY of their supporters come onto the pitch if it wasn't for trouble / THEY LOST FFS -- just do the honourable thing and leave and let the winners celebrate in peace.
    Only a minor grump however, but would have liked to see the players with cup on field watching us singing and celebrating.
    The Sunday open top bus was amazing. That made up for the lap of honour. The pitch invasion was part of the day and will never be forgotten across the World - in a positive way. 👍🏽

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    In a couple of years all the stuff about pitch invasion will be a distant memory but David Gray's winner will live forever. Best day of my life. GGTTH.
    Indeed Sir. Goal of the Millennium! Watch it again here and celebrate with a wee song I wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWJbfjJuIuI

@hibs.net private member
    I thought it looked good but it would've been good if there had been no paggering and everyone had got back off the pitch sooner.

We might've even had a lap of honour and the traditional cup winning team photo that folk were looking for on the merchandising thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I thought it looked good but it would've been good if there had been no paggering and everyone had got back off the pitch sooner.

We might've even had a lap of honour and the traditional cup winning team photo that folk were looking for on the merchandising thread.
    I agree with what you say. However there wouldn't have been any fighting if the police had done their job and stopped the fans from both teams getting on the pitch. And there certainly wouldn't have been any if the Sevco thugs hadn't chosen to run on the pitch with the explicit intention of assaulting the celebrating Hibs fans.

Most celebratory pitch invasions don't see a violent response from the opposition fans.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    I agree with what you say. However there wouldn't have been any fighting if the police had done their job and stopped the fans from both teams getting on the pitch. And there certainly wouldn't have been any if the Sevco thugs hadn't chosen to run on the pitch with the explicit intention of assaulting the celebrating Hibs fans.

Most celebratory pitch invasions don't see a violent response from the opposition fans.
    I agree that there wouldn't have been fighting if the Rangers fans hadn't been on the pitch.

To blame the police isn't right though - if no one had went on the pitch there wouldn't have been fighting.

I agree that there wouldn't have been fighting if the Rangers fans hadn't been on the pitch.

To blame the police isn't right though - if no one had went on the pitch there wouldn't have been fighting.
    The police were meant to be there to stop fans getting on the pitch but they weren't in position to do that. That means that they have some responsibility.

At the end of the day our fans who chose to go on the pitch shouldn't have been there but, other than a handful of idiots out of thousands, they were only there to celebrate exuberantly.

Testimonial Due

In the ground.