hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Pitch invasion: enhance of diminish the experience?

Voters
308. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tarnished - those Neds took the attention from team

94 30.52%
  • Enhanced - big fun & media/Hun reaction hilarious

105 34.09%
  • Neutral - insignificant in grand scheme of things

109 35.39%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Scottish Cup Pitch Invasion

How was it for you?

2. Log in to remove the advert

can understand the outpouring of emotion at the occassion. However, having said that, I did feel let down by not being able to see the players do the traditional "lap of Honour" after cup presentation.
    Don't for one minute believe all the crap issued by the sore losers re the violence, if anything it was their orks that caused any nastiness on the pitch. Why did ANY of their supporters come onto the pitch if it wasn't for trouble / THEY LOST FFS -- just do the honourable thing and leave and let the winners celebrate in peace.
    Only a minor grump however, but would have liked to see the players with cup on field watching us singing and celebrating.

I voted neutral as it made no difference to my day I was still in my seat sobbing like a bairn. Not bothered for the half lap of honour, SOL and GGTTH are the memories I will keep with me forever.

With regards to the neds I hope they get banned for life and regret it when they miss us lifting the cup again.

None of the above.

This is my view.

- Majority acted out of exuberance, minority acted stupidly and brought shame on the club, overall it gave an excuse to the MSM to demonise Hibs and the Support and take the focus off the win.

In retrospect, it would have been better if everybody had remained in the stands.

Didn't spoilt the day or tarnish anything. It was an outpouring of relief and just sheer joy. The vast majority of hibs fans went on out of joy, with no violent or malicious intent. Yes, there was a small number of idiots thats took it too far and they have rightly been dealt with but the stories coming out of ibrox were laughable. The huns purely just trying to deflect away from the real story of the day. They knew fine well that the more they milked this, the more it deflected from the fact they ****ed up a lead in the final with 15 minutes to go. They were doing everything in their power to try and tarnish the day for us - epic fail!

The moral high ground taken by them was absolutely hilarious. That vile, bigotted, rotten to the core club getting all high and mighty over behaviour

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    My immediate reaction was FFS, we've just won the cup for the first time in 114 years and you've still got a crowd full of hibbies booing

I'm neutral, liked the emotion of the pitch invasion but the fighting was out of order.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I voted neutral as it made no difference to my day I was still in my seat sobbing like a bairn. Not bothered for the half lap of honour, SOL and GGTTH are the memories I will keep with me forever.

With regards to the neds I hope they get banned for life and regret it when they miss us lifting the cup again.
    I agree with this post 100%. Was in same situation as you too

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I loved it, i couldnt even tell you who won last seasons final, every fan of every club will remember this cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by OsloHibs View Post
    Chick young on bbc scotland wanting hibs docked of points for next season for the pitch invasion..

This man should not be on radio.
    just ban him traynor and all the other fuds from Easter Road and anything that has been said or said in future they should be made to stand by those words . example players been beaten assaulted blah blah frigging blah

@hibs.net private member
    None of the options fit for me, but I picked the first one . because it was closest. Nothing tarnishes the win, but I'd much rather folk had stayed in their seats because a) I'd have liked to see the players celebrating / given the chance to parade the cup, and b) as said before, it allowed the focus to be taken off our win, and the The Rangers' failure, and given a lazy sports media a story to slaver over.

The minority Hibs fans that went on to noise up the opposition fans or players need their heads examined, as well as banned.
    I can't get my head round the fact that we FINALLY win the bloody thing, when people were screaming with joy, crying, thinking of those who couldn't be there, kissing and cuddling their neighbours etc... there are fans whose first reaction was to go hun-baiting

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I loved the pitch invasion, I just wished at the time they'd got of the pitch a bit quicker.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I loved it, i couldnt even tell you who won last seasons final, every fan of every club will remember this cup final.

Correct.

A quick look around other clubs forums will tell you that they were uniformly delighted with the spectacle of seeing Newco humiliated in such a way - Last minute winner etc.

Pitch invasion, without the silly goaders who went too far, looked like splendid fun. I would've dug myself a hole in the pitch and stayed buried there happy for eternity, with my ***** sticking out like a sprinkler ready to urinate on the next The Rangers player that had the temerity to try and play there and win.

The invasion was unstoppable given the circumstances but why go over the halfway line? Why even look at the Rangers support? The win wasn't about them.Cant fathom how anyone could feel aggression in those moments after the whistle.Dafties.Though it was a very small number and The rangers fans really didnt have any excuse for entering the pitch.

Nothing will ever tarnish that day for me. At the time I was gutted that I never went on but not too bothered about those who did. How can anything EVER tarnish the moment and feelings I had when Gray scored. Nothing can ruin that.

These kind of discussions have been discussed on other threads, why is it still getting dragged up.

First Team Breakthrough cookin_on_gaz's Avatar
    Chick young on bbc scotland wanting hibs docked of points for next season for the pitch invasion..

This man should not be on radio.
    Although Chick Dung is a slavering eejit, the comment about us being docked points was made tongue in cheek

Wonder if those that loved the invasion, will love it if Hibs cop a hefty fine?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

I could have been killed on the way home and it wouldn't have ruined that day.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    nothing will ever take away that feeling that rushed through me as the 3rd goal hit the net and the final whistle went, i can understand folk on the pitch, you can see the tv highlights and folk were running down the stairs after the 3rd goal was scored, not a lot that could have been done to stop folk going on the pitch imo.

some got a little "too excited" and ran to the huns end but, it didn't spoil it for me

I got a message from a mate who supports Dundee Utd saying he would be ashamed of me if I never went on the pitch, he said watching it on TV was brilliant and he was jealous of our celebrations. As recently as this week a Jambo admitted to me that watching the scenes had made him emotional and he'd had to hold in the tears as he thought of those Hibbies he knew that would be overjoyed with the win. Everyone outside of The Zombies and a few bitter Jambos loved it. The pitch invasion was a thing of beauty. A joyous climax in our quest for the Holy Grail, we should embrace it as part of our history. We are Hibees, we do what we want! A few fighting clowns will never erase how I felt as I kissed the turf with my son beside me.

First Team Breakthrough cookin_on_gaz's Avatar
    At first it was, then he clearly said "he wont sort out the sectarian singing until this (our pitch invaders) are punished first. He thinks docking us points will make other fans never do the same.
    The man does this all the time: using humour to deflect.
    No his exact words were that we should be docked 15 points to give St Mirren a chance at the title. The other pundits then had a laugh about sectarian singing and Chick said that there would be no point in tackling sectarianism if that was peoples attitudes. I do agree that the man is a welt at times but on this occasion what he was saying was correct

Thought Chick had retired

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    The very small minority who crossed the halfway line to goad and fight with the rangers fans and those idiots that went for the players are the ones who have spoiled part of the celebrations for both the other fans and players and caused the club no end of bother.

The pich invasion itself and the vast majority of those who were on the pitch just to celebrate and behaved would have added to the ocassion and shown the utter joy we all experienced in winning the trophy. Even the damage to the goalposts and the pitch could have been laughed away as exuberance and a cheque written for the repairs but thanks to the violence this is also being treated as vandalism/criminal damage.

Nothing could take away from how amazing those last 15 minutes of the game were or how happy i was at winning the cup and the celebrations that followed but I can't help but be disappointed that I and my kids missed out on the traditional lap of honour and seeing the players celebrate on the pitch when this was the first time they will have seen Hibs win something.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Thought Chick had retired
    That fud will retire when King/Trainer tell him to

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Wonder if those that loved the invasion, will love it if Hibs cop a hefty fine?
    When was the last time a club in Scotland got a hefty fine for fans coming on to the pitch, how much were hertz Motherwell or Rangers fined for fans coming on to the pitch in the past, in the hertz incidents a player and a manager were assaulted but I can't remember Hertz being fined, and not forgetting Kilmarnock fans who invaded the pitch at the end of this season, no talk of a investigation in to that from the authorities that run our game.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    I thought the whole occasion, including the pitch invasion, was the most incredible thing I have ever witnessed in my entire life!

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    When was the last time a club in Scotland got a hefty fine for fans coming on to the pitch, how much were hertz Motherwell or Rangers fined for fans coming on to the pitch in the past, in the hertz incidents a player and a manager were assaulted but I can't remember Hertz being fined, and not forgetting Kilmarnock fans who invaded the pitch at the end of this season, no talk of a investigation in to that from the authorities that run our game.
    Hefty fine for criminal activities and damages......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

The minority that went straight to the Hun fans aren't Hibs fans.

The footballs just an excuse to get bevvied and look for fights for them.

Edit: Tin hat on here but I don't even get pitch invasions, can you not have an outpouring of relief without having to run down the steps over the advertising hoardings avoid the stewards and run onto the pitch? I said the same thing when City won the league a few years ago

Some fans went on Some did not. We could debate all day but it will only upset some people. What I wanted from the day was that mob going up for their losers medals and on the way back down seeing HFC lined up and ready to go up and get the Cup. I was at the daylight robbery final in 79 and it's been a long wait for that to be righted. I was disappointed but took great memories from the day and the following day. They were skulking in their dressing room when we should have been giving them it tight. Hat doffed to Kenny Miller who was not skulking but popped into the winners dressing room.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Hefty fine for criminal activities and damages......
    Not really the answer I was looking for from my post, but, how much were hertz or Motherwell fined for the criminal activities that took place when there fans entered the field of play, and will Kilmarnock get a hefty fine for the criminal activities that took place during the pitch invasion at the end of this season.