hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Pitch invasion: enhance of diminish the experience?

Voters
308. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tarnished - those Neds took the attention from team

94 30.52%
  • Enhanced - big fun & media/Hun reaction hilarious

105 34.09%
  • Neutral - insignificant in grand scheme of things

109 35.39%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does the company not have insurance?
    Exactly what I thought.

Would any decent company supply stuff worth a fortune to the SFA and not have damage clauses in the contract?

However, it has been reported that they are chasing for some compensation.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    The company that owns them (run by a Jambo by the way) is apparently looking for damages from SFA.

I doubt that there is as much damage as has been stated, and - as with all of this - what did Hibs do to cause or aid any damage?

In my view, nothing.

I was responding to the poster who said Hibs should pay for damage to the pitch.

If Hibs decide to take responsibility for damage caused by the Fans, then there's much more than just the pitch to consider.

Surely it's all or nothing?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I was responding to the poster who said Hibs should pay for damage to the pitch.

If Hibs decide to take responsibility for damage caused by the Fans, then there's much more than just the pitch to consider.

Surely it's all or nothing?
    Ok, understand.

Can't see us accepting all of it though, thats an open goal for the SFA.

Imagine Hibs will accept a slap on the wrist and/or a good behaviour bond.

Anything more should be fought.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Ok, understand.

Can't see us accepting all of it though, thats an open goal for the SFA.

Imagine Hibs will accept a slap on the wrist and/or a good behaviour bond.

Anything more should be fought.

That's my feeling as well. As soon as Hibs accept responsibility for anything, it'll be a green light for the SFA to hammer the Club.

I just feel it's a dangerous precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by Loopz View Post
    Could we cover any fine by charging £10 per head for the away season ticket.
    Hilarious response.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I just don't see the point in pitch invasions.

Everyone runs to get on in a state of high emotion, then has to queue to get over a fence or through a gate or whatever (surely at some point you question what the point is?), then run onto the pitch for a minute or 2 then what? Stands about wondering how to get back to your seat? Hug the people next to you and sing songs, which you could have done in the stand?

It didn't ruin the day for me at all but I've never seen the point in a pitch invasion and still don't.
    Agree, it is an offence to be on the field of play if you are a supporter, which realistically could lead to banning order.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Hilarious response.
    I liked it too. Haha.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    I liked it too. Haha.
    Good for you.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Does ANYONE know how hefty our fine is?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Thought it was class.
    But not HIBS CLASS

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Does ANYONE know how hefty our fine is?
    The same rejection of strict liability that lets both Sevco and Celtc off the hook for their fans' "traditional songs" will be to our advantage here, as will the lack of fines levied on other clubs for pitch invasions at their grounds where the host club is responsible.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    The same rejection of strict liability that lets both Sevco and Celtc off the hook for their fans' "traditional songs" will be to our advantage here, as will the lack of fines levied on other clubs for pitch invasions at their grounds where the host club is responsible.
    Any thought of Hibs as a business being held responsible for damage to the pitch. the goals, advertising hoardings or anything else is nonsense in my opinion .... at least I would suggest in strict legal terms. In what other area of the entertainment industry would responsibility be accepted? If followers of a band at Glastonbury or T in the park were to wreck the stage would the band have to pay for the damage? ... I doubt it.

Hibs were responsible for neither security or policing on the day, we have no connection with the venue whatsoever in a business sense .... if there is any danger of the advertising company taking court action against Hibs for compensation then the club would be mental to accept responsibility for damage to the goals or pitch, even as an act of good faith, as that would weaken our position in any court case.

In fact ..... If this was the USA Hibs would probably have started legal action against the SFA and Hampden park for failing to ensure the safety of our own staff from spectators and for 'hurt feelings' in that we were denied the pleasure of parading the cup and the clubs reputation was 'tarnished' due to the failure of the SFA, Hampden park and the security company to keep spectators off the pitch.

If there was an SFA rule of strict liability that would all change ... but as you say Eyrie, Scottish football's historic desperate rush to suck up to the old firm has done us a huge favour ...... that'll learn them as they say
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 26-06-2016 at 11:48 AM.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    How was it for you?
    I would say I was far from neutral. Not sure if how things unfolded overall it "enhanced" but if certainly didn't detract at all. But I find this media assumption that the fans day was tarnished ruined or what ever highly presumptuous and insulting - all to set their agenda. I've yet to see a quote from a fan to back up such a position.
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 26-06-2016 at 01:18 PM.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loopz View Post
    Could we cover any fine by charging £10 per head for the away season ticket.
    Surely every fan that went on the pitch ,should pay any fine between them .
    Or maybe the police and stewards should pay it , for failing to keep fans off the pitch .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    To me it made no difference as nothing could have added to or taken away from the joy of seeing that winning goal in injury time and hearing the final whistle a couple of minutes later.

I suppose I might have put that it added a wee bit to the wondrous nature of the occasion if it wasn't for a few welts who felt it necessary to assault/harass Rangers players. These fannys will hopefully get what's coming to them and with my full blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    To me it made no difference as nothing could have added to or taken away from the joy of seeing that winning goal in injury time and hearing the final whistle a couple of minutes later.

I suppose I might have put that it added a wee bit to the wondrous nature of the occasion if it wasn't for a few welts who felt it necessary to assault/harass Rangers players. These fannys will hopefully get what's coming to them and with my full blessing.

I wouldn't have missed the Rangers whingeing and the tears of the pundits. Jackson, Waddell and Young were hilarious with their outrage and poky pies and then timid silence.

Overall, it massively enhanced my cup experience.

I capped off the day, it was amazing. Tears of joy, singing loudly, happy faces is what I witnessesed. Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    How was it for you?
    A bit pitchy in places but we made it our own.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    A bit pitchy in places but we made it our own.
    Once that crossbar was out the way the access seemed to be much improved though

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Wasn't impressed at the time and nothing changed since. I was as emotional as anyone could be but didn't feel moved to go on the pitch. It's done and that's that, but it was shan, end of!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Wasn't impressed at the time and nothing changed since. I was as emotional as anyone could be but didn't feel moved to go on the pitch. It's done and that's that, but it was shan, end of!
    From the TV pictures it looked like East Stand scallywags having a lot of fun and a huge emotional release, whilst their West Stand contemporaries sat in their seats, silently pleased, but furiously, mentally writing, scathing forum rebukes. I saw one woman walk on to the park with a scornful look about her countenance, for about 5 minutes, then she returned to her seat and start bashing away triumphantly at a craftily concealed Ipad. West Stand Lower I'll guess.

Though there is some obvious disagreement amongst the Hibs support ( at least on here ) about the impact of the pitch invasion at least there isn't the utter amount of drivel that's being spouted over the road.

Coz there's nae fitba on telly today in a moment of boredom I had a wee look on sickbag at their 72 .... yes, seventy two ... page thread on it. Apparently we sang sectarian songs and chants and made 'sectarian gestures' whatever they are, oh and ripped up seats as well. We also apparently have a 'culture' of pitch invasions ...... Some of them genuinely think we could / should be thrown out of Europe and / or the Scottish cup

Comedy gold

@hibs.net private member
    Anyone that thinks it took anything away from the joy of winning the Scottish Cup is going out their way to look for something to complain about.

It was the greatest day.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Though there is some obvious disagreement amongst the Hibs support ( at least on here ) about the impact of the pitch invasion at least there isn't the utter amount of drivel that's being spouted over the road.

Coz there's nae fitba on telly today in a moment of boredom I had a wee look on sickbag at their 72 .... yes, seventy two ... page thread on it. Apparently we sang sectarian songs and chants and made 'sectarian gestures' whatever they are, oh and ripped up seats as well. We also apparently have a 'culture' of pitch invasions ...... Some of them genuinely think we could / should be thrown out of Europe and / or the Scottish cup

Comedy gold
    Let them crack up over it. They are still in a state of delirium after our victory. It's their comfort blanket.

My thoughts on it. I have no issue with the pitch invasion - it happens at football matches all over the world without anyone blinking an eye. But the idiots that went towards the Rangers fans and ended up fighting all deserve arrested/banned etc. I was in the south stand, and was in so much of a mess that i was pretty much rooted to my seat for a few minutes, then went a few rows up to see my dad before returning to my seat. The pitch invasion or anything else did not detract from my enjoyment of the day, in fact you could feel the emotion being released as the fans ran on. Its dissapointing that the trouble stole a lot of the headlines, but if you were involved in the parade or in any pubs in Leith that weekend, you would know that everyone enjoyed the win to the max.

Had they been able to get everything under control more quickly, it would'nt have been a problem in the slightest. 114 years of having it rammed down your throat plus a last minute winner against arguably the most dispicable club in world football will do that to the nicest of gentleman.

The plonkers who got involved in violence deserve everything they get, the folk wandering about greeting and hugging each other just needed to be ushured back to their seat a little more hastily.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

Comedy gold
    The bit in bold obviously springs from their tiny, but narrowly aimed (always at us), imaginations.

I wonder if any of them can remember the time around 500 Hearts fans ran on the park at Easter Road during a game in which they were getting beat and attacked the Hibs players. No fresh air swipes or "gesticulating", actually attacked players physically.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    The bit in bold obviously springs from their tiny, but narrowly aimed (always at us), imaginations.

I wonder if any of them can remember the time around 500 Hearts fans ran on the park at Easter Road during a game in which they were getting beat and attacked the Hibs players. No fresh air swipes or "gesticulating", actually attacked players physically.
    The hertz supporters have a history of selective recall when it involves their own phannies or club.

Edit....especially the 4 or 5k who suddenly remembered they were jumbos when 'mr' Romanov started splashing other people's cash on them
    Last edited by Jack Hackett; 28-06-2016 at 04:08 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    I didn't run on the pitch but I understand why people may have lost their **** and done so. It didnt change on one bit of the day though.

Sure it's been mentioned elsewhere but the 3 options and it's line left little wriggle room.

Pitch invasions aren't a good idea, get the club in trouble and prevented the players from being able to parade the cup on the pitch.

That said, if it was just for the pitch invasion I'd have been somewhere between neutral and enhanced because of what it all meant.

However I went with option 1 because, even though it was only a few (if that) that taunted/attempted to assault Rangers players it was shameful that they were part of that Hibs support. As was the goading/fighting with Rangers fans and the like.

It's not the pitch invasion itself that tarnished the club, as most of those images are celebratory like that of Sunday. But it's not those that will be remembered by most, it was the goading that led to fighting.

I reckon the club has handled it well by being quick on banning those identified and hopefully we only see the immensely positive side of the clubs support the next time we add to our honours list.