hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Dustin Johnson

Dustin Johnson

Not seen a thread for this big congratulations to the big man wholly deserved he's had a few nightmares in the majors over the years,

And the USGA should hang their heads in shame shocking decision

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Yep if ever a sport needs modernising it's golf.

Shameful episode last night.

Glad Dustin did the job.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

I had a couple of quid on Lowry but Johnson was brilliant over those last few holes and thoroughly deserved his win.

It was a pitiful display from the USGA though and it was totally unfair on all the players. They need to know where they stand, can tailor their games accordingly and it was in nobody's interests to delay a ruling like that.

Fair play to Johnson for pulling away and making it seem like less of an issue than it was.

Pleased for Johnson winning his first major as he's a quality player. Took Butch Harmans advice on Thursday morning and had a few quid on DJ to win.

Mind you looking at his wife i wouldn't be dedicating my time to golf i'd be too busy with her.

Left by mutual consent!
    As always it would have been great to see another European major victory but if anyone else was to win I wanted it to be DJ. When he missed THAT putt at Chambers Bay last year I felt so sorry for him. The 2010 US PGA bunker/not a bunker debacle was bad enough.

If things had gone his way he would have four or five of these big ones in his locker now. I hope its is the start of many for him, huge talent and a nice guy too.

By the way, has anyone else gone right off Spieth?

I'm surprised that people like Johnson. I saw this first victory years ago and had a run in with him and his brother at St Andrews several years ago where we got stuck together, but I find him one of the least likeable players. I think Tiger is more likeable now.

Johnson assisted murdering someone when he was younger, is probably the stupidest person on tour, has reoccurring drug problems, probably slept with various players' wives and is reported hated by his father in law. Blowing tournaments because you are not a good golfer mentally is not a redeeming quality.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm surprised that people like Johnson. I saw this first victory years ago and had a run in with him and his brother at St Andrews several years ago where we got stuck together, but I find him one of the least likeable players. I think Tiger is more likeable now.

Johnson assisted murdering someone when he was younger, is probably the stupidest person on tour, has reoccurring drug problems, probably slept with various players' wives and is reported hated by his father in law. Blowing tournaments because you are not a good golfer mentally is not a redeeming quality.
    I'm afraid I'm not quite getting the jist of your post.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

So you're undecided on him then

I'm guessing you are not a fan?

Any proof of any of this?

So that leaves Sergio as best player not to win a major?

Or maybe Stenson? Or Westwood?

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    I'm guessing you are not a fan?

Any proof of any of this?
    Re the murder thing, he was involved in a burglary in his teens I think? They stole a hand gun, DJ then used fake ID to buy ammo from a local Wal Mart (under duress it was proved) and later the brother of one of his friends murdered someone with it. So to say he was involved in a murder is perhaps pushing it but he does have a somewhat unsavoury past.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    Re the murder thing, he was involved in a burglary in his teens I think? They stole a hand gun, DJ then used fake ID to buy ammo from a local Wal Mart (under duress it was proved) and later the brother of one of his friends murdered someone with it. So to say he was involved in a murder is perhaps pushing it but he does have a somewhat unsavoury past.

Yeah doesn't sound too great

Genuinely not heard anything bad about the guy

Was aware that there had been some substance abuse issues
    But hadn't heard the other stuff

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    So that leaves Sergio as best player not to win a major?

Or maybe Stenson? Or Westwood?
    I'd vote for Colin Montgomerie but I suppose that's in a different era now.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I'd vote for Colin Montgomerie but I suppose that's in a different era now.
    Yep............Monty then Garcia then Westwood would be my top 3.

Other mentions maybe to Luke Donald , Kuchar or Stricker from the present day

There would no doubt be many others going back a bit............Doug Sanders, Ozaki,

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Yep............Monty then Garcia then Westwood would be my top 3.

Other mentions maybe to Luke Donald , Kuchar or Stricker from the present day

There would no doubt be many others going back a bit............Doug Sanders, Ozaki,
    I would put Sergio first in that list. While he has one less runner up finish in majors (4 vs 5), he has many more top 5 finishes (11 vs 6). More importantly, he has won the "5th major" and won 8 other PGA events. Monty never won on the tour.

Monty has won 3 senior majors so maybe he is technically ineligible anyway.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    I would put Sergio first in that list. While he has one less runner up finish in majors (4 vs 5), he has many more top 5 finishes (11 vs 6). More importantly, he has won the "5th major" and won 8 other PGA events. Monty never won on the tour.

Monty has won 3 senior majors so maybe he is technically ineligible anyway.
    Don't think Monty ever played full time on PGA tour though. Anyway all subjective and not a title either golfer would want. Garcia at least has some time still to win one

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    Yeah doesn't sound too great

Genuinely not heard anything bad about the guy

Was aware that there had been some substance abuse issues
    But hadn't heard the other stuff
    This article touches on everything other than the murder.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/2016/01/26/dustin-johnson-drugs-affairs-and-the-silence-that-shames-golf

Cheers for that he seems a bit of a character

Hadn't heard these stories before

Maybe the guy has turned his life around for the better wouldn't be the first rich and famous young person to be a bit of a trumpet