hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Got my final programme signed on the front by the players involved.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got my final programme signed on the front by the players involved.
    How did you manage that ?

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    I have a programme signed by Gray, Stubbs and Fyvie. My match ticket signed by Gray. I have a picture of David Gray on his knees after the whistle which I got him to sign, and I have my sons away shirt from last season signed by the full team. Will get the shirt, programme and ticket framed at some point. Also have pictures with most of the squad at the sponsors event the day after the final, so have a few of them in a collage frame.
    Last edited by CallumLaidlaw; 30-09-2016 at 10:55 AM.

My photo of me with the Cup is enough for me, if only to prove it wasn't a dream!!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I have a programme signed by Gray, Stubbs and Fyvie. My match ticket signed by Gray. I have a picture of David Gray on his knees after the whistle which I got him to sign, and I have my sons away shirt from last season signed by the full team. Will get the shirt, programme and ticket signed. Also have pictures with most of the squad at the sponsors event the day after the final, so have a few of them in a collage frame.

You might get a restraining order soon too if you carry on like this.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    You might get a restraining order soon too if you carry on like this.

Well, I approached Sir David in Hospitality at the Dunfermline game, and he definitely took a couple of steps backwards

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Milne View Post
    My photo of me with the Cup is enough for me, if only to prove it wasn't a dream!!
    Wake up Bill, the bus for the final leaves in 30 minutes........................................... ............

A mate of mine broke his ankle at the first goal. I guess that's a memento of sorts!

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LichtieHibby View Post
    A mate of mine broke his ankle at the first goal. I guess that's a memento of sorts!
    Did he realise at the time or did he stay til the end?

I dislocated my knee celebrating the 3rd goal in the cis league cup final!

Quote Originally Posted by The Pointer View Post
    And now for something completely different - so bear with me!

For a few years now I've been attending a ceramic sculpture evening class. The last one finished earlier this year just after the Cup Final and I had a bit of time left and some clay and wanted to do something to celebrate The Great Achievement.

Being fond of a bevy, I decided to make a beer mug, in this case slightly larger than a pint as I always think you can't get enough of a good thing. Also it would be the ideal medium to decorate and celebrate The Great Achievement, but as we don't have wheels in the school where the class is held it was made as a coil pot -such as how Grayson Perry makes his big 'jars'. (And if you ken who he is, no, I dinnae dress up as a wee lassie!)

I didn't have enough time to finish it at the class so brought it home along with a dod of clay with the intention of working on it over the summer, but two cataract operations delayed progress somewhat. At the moment I'm in the process of decorating it with suitable lettering but have changed my mind on the detail so it'll take some time as it's quite intricate work cutting out each one individually. The handle has to be made as well which is something I haven't done before so will probably make a few attempts before I'm happy.

Even when it's finished and hardened it has to be fired in the kiln which won't be until the next class in the new year. After that it has to be glazed which will be at least a two stage affair before I see the final product and can fill it for the first time with Fyne Ales 'Jarl'.

Whenever there is progress I'll keep you abreast of developments (if anyone's interested), but bear in mind it's likely to take longer than the Cup Final DVD.

It might just be the way you tell it, but I want an update every time there is one.