hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    If we were to make family tickets available in any stand we'd shift plenty more ST's.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we were to make family tickets available in any stand we'd shift plenty more ST's.
    Why? Folk don't want to sit next to families some times. People desperately searching for any excuse not to go now.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Can add another 2 tickets this morning, myself a lapsed season ticket holder and my mate a brand new season ticket holder.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    The kids prices in the other stands are already reasonable. It does make sense to have a dedicated family area although it could maybe be extended in to the wings of the main or east stands.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    My other half has renewed today on the back of this appointment. He hasn't had a ST for years and has hardly ever been a walk up either. Hopefully he's one of many. Well done Hibs.
    Last edited by Peanut Shaz; 09-06-2016 at 10:47 AM.

I've just been up at the ground and the phones are off the hook with people calling for STs. The are struggling to keep up with demand. I never understand why so many people call though? Why not just do it all online?

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I've just been up at the ground and the phones are off the hook with people calling for STs. The are struggling to keep up with demand. I never understand why so many people call though? Why not just do it all online?
    Plenty people still don't use computers.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    That's true and it's a shame cos it's damn simpler than queueing

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Cmon they let anyone use the internet....a quick look on Hibs.net tells you that. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    For goodness sake man just buy one.

Given your lifestyle a season ticket should be small change.
    Should I be worried you know who I am? 😂

@hibs.net private member
    I had to phone the other day to buy one for my son. I think because he has a season ticket a few years ago but I didn't know his client ref it was just causing problems and I was ready to throw the iPad out the window :) I had wanted to do the payment plan but ended up phoning up so paid in full.

I'm that excited that I can't even wait for the friendly against Motherwell. Bring it on

I'm back after 7 year spell without a season ticket.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Makalambay View Post
    Welcome back mate!

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Should I be worried you know who I am? 
    You know who I am, therefore no you shouldn't be worried.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    The kids prices in the other stands are already reasonable. It does make sense to have a dedicated family area although it could maybe be extended in to the wings of the main or east stands.
    eh naw!!! keep the kids away from my part of the stand(section 37). Seriously though It might make sense to have section 38 where KfK ST's are in the East made into a full family area
    Last edited by Ringothedog; 09-06-2016 at 12:23 PM.

Was at club shop.. Few updates..

Those who have ordered cup final merchandise it's all being sorted and sent out soon. Supposedly a delay due to the hampden pitch invasion issues.

They are getting more merchandise into the shop in near future. It's a decent sized shop and I really think Hibs should be selling more and better products.

Also avec couldn't supply printed t-shirts quick enough so they have went with another t-shirt for the white t-shirts.

Scaffolding also going up around side of the famous five stand..fixing roof ?
    maybe ?

Ticket office looked busy also so hopefully the Lennon effect is in full swing.

Ive said for years they should have a family section in lower west closest to famous five also - not just behind the goals. Hibs should be listening to fans more as I can understand people prefer watching from the side of the stadium rather than behind.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Was at club shop.. Few updates..

Those who have ordered cup final merchandise it's all being sorted and sent out soon. Supposedly a delay due to the hampden pitch invasion issues.

They are getting more merchandise into the shop in near future. It's a decent sized shop and I really think Hibs should be selling more and better products.

Also avec couldn't supply printed t-shirts quick enough so they have went with another t-shirt for the white t-shirts.

Scaffolding also going up around side of the famous five stand..fixing roof ?
    maybe ?

Ticket office looked busy also so hopefully the Lennon effect is in full swing.

Ive said for years they should have a family section in lower west closest to famous five also - not just behind the goals. Hibs should be listening to fans more as I can understand people prefer watching from the side of the stadium rather than behind.
    Any idea why the merchandising was being held up by the pitch invasion, seems a weird one to me

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Any idea why the merchandising was being held up by the pitch invasion, seems a weird one to me
    We must be getting official shirts/memorabilia and with the pitch invasion on it, I'm in

am in, although I may not make every game. I shall donate it to a fellow hibby in my street when I cant go. Gonna buy tomoz.

T-shirts with I was on the pitch 2016 a limited edition type chap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    We must be getting official shirts/memorabilia and with the pitch invasion on it, I'm in
    Would love us to sell a limited range and place a cheeky wee ad for them in Daily Record.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Good statement from LD and a reasonable target. It would amazing to reach 10000. I'm surprised that 2000 existing ST holders have not renewed.
    Very surprised as well - that's quite a chunk of ST not being renewed (not yet anyway.)

I realise circumstances may have chanced for some individuals. But on the whole, if you've managed to persevere through the last couple seasons, surely you'd want to carry it on when the good times (tempting fate I know) are finally on their way back! This is shaping up to be one of the most hotly anticipated seasons for Hibs that I can remember.

Still early doors though. People may have been holding off to see who we brought in manager wise - wouldn't be surprised if there was a flurry of renewals in the coming weeks.

Good lad!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    That's me renewed, plus my mate who hasn't had a season ticket for about a decade and - for the first time ever - wee One Day Soon is now a 10 year old season ticket holder.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Username back from a long spell as well. Terrific!

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeHutch View Post
    Over here in Vancouver the Whitecaps offer season tickets, half season tickets and 5 match packs - which I think is a great idea.

Slightly off topic but something else they do really well here is create an amazing atmosphere in a 53,000 seater stadium when the average attendance is 21,000. The stadium is split into the upper and lower tiers (or bowls). They zone off the entire upper bowl with a huge branded tarpaulin, which blocks the view of the upper bowl and the empty seats so you feel like you're in a more intimate capacity stadium. They also do the same in the bottom tier by covering the back 8-10 rows of the lower bowl with tarp (giving the lower bowl a capacity of 21,000) - and take it off for bigger games (increasing the capacity to 27,000).

I always felt they should do this at Easter Road for run of the mill games. They could cover the top 8-10 rows (or more) with branded tarp in the Famous Five, East and South Stands to create a better atmosphere for those games. I also think they should put something similarly visual over the transparent ends of the stands - they always make the stands look more empty and less atmospheric.
    Sorry, this is not for me - this is what they did at Hampden for the League Cup Final and as a consequence, ALL of the seats with the best view (upper tiers) were empty as they never went on sale.

I appreciate you want to improve the atmosphere, but for me the most important thing is being able to see the game and personally I much prefer to be above the action rather than at pitch level.

@hibs.net private member wazoo1875's Avatar
    This thread is pretty uplifting, well done to all those who are re-commiting after a spell away or to those who are buying for the first time. Great time to be a Hibby 🏆
    Never one to laugh at others misfortune but today could only have been improved by rangers getting horsed and God pissing down a meteor shower of fifty pound notes on Edinburgh

Copyright BadMartini Wed 27th Jan 2010

not had a ST since mowbrays last season , i will be getting 1 tomorrow

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    not had a ST since mowbrays last season , i will be getting 1 tomorrow
    Not trying to discourage you in the slightest but I would get one on Saturday instead of tomorrow.

At 5pm tomorrow night a lot of better seats will become available as after that time any season ticket holder who hasn't renewed will lose the right to their seat.