hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I'm sure the majority of the 2,000 will renew. Summer and holidays are an expensive time so maybe a lot are hanging fire for a few weeks

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should be looking at 10000 minimum.

If folk ain't returning as Scottish Cup champions, they're never coming back.
    My thoughts exactly. The club has done everything it can.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Here's a thought, maybe i'm right maybe i'm wrong? Of those 150k people who were at the parade, 140k don't go regularly or even at all?

Perhaps if we do reach 10k, in my opinion thats a very good amount for the division we play in.

I'd say there's still some folk to come back who will come back, but they are still not that bothered about watching Dumbarton and the likes.

As hard as it is for some to believe, not everyone is a die hard.

8k at this stage isn't bad at all IMO. There was a number of games that we didn't have that in the ground last season, including walk ups, away fans etc.

10k is definitely achievable with a good managerial appointment.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrissyG1875 View Post
    Magic, cheers. That's us on 8001 now then

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Make that 8002 👍💚

First Team Breakthrough chasitup's Avatar
    I'd love to renew, unfortunately I simply can't afford it. Payment plan or not.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    clearly not aimed at overseas fans.

I'll be very disappointed if we can't get to 10k season tickets on the back of a Scottish Cup win.

That final was amazing, the parade was amazing, and each time Easter Road was busy and we got a result (Aberdeen/Dundee Utd/Hearts/The Rangers) the buzz about the place was terrific.

The more folk go, the better it is, the better we are.

Whether it's Lennon or someone else, what a boost to them coming in it would be to have the extra financial backing that 10k season tickets would give him.
    Well "afar" to me does not mean "within striking distance of ER but choose to not go".

Anyway, perhaps it's just poorly worded. I hope we get to 10k and more.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Not really sure what you expect them to say when Hibs themselves are saying sweet f a.
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Conjecture mate ..... whose in the frame? ... who might get it? ... what are the fans saying? ............... It is after all one of the top 5 jobs in Scottish football, even if we are in the championship.
    It's the BBC we are talking about, conservative to a fault.

8005..I've ordered 3 new ST's for me the laddie and thauld man👍

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chasitup View Post
    Sorry to hear that, we all know footies important but if you don't have it you don't, I'm sure the threads about folk who can, some way down the road maybes hibs can do something about those who can't.
    gg

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    There will be many in the same boat, mate. Modern prices are extremely high, particularly for families, though at least Hibs are doing something via the FF kids tickets. It's a real shame there are people who want to attend and we have the empty seats. Surely it can't be impossible to do something about it.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Here's a thought, maybe i'm right maybe i'm wrong? Of those 150k people who were at the parade, 140k don't go regularly or even at all?

Perhaps if we do reach 10k, in my opinion thats a very good amount for the division we play in.

I'd say there's still some folk to come back who will come back, but they are still not that bothered about watching Dumbarton and the likes.

As hard as it is for some to believe, not everyone is a die hard.
    Thought they were paying to watch Hibs.......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I think for it to be enjoyable though and to get folk back it needs to be good competitive games with both teams trying to win....or us thumping teams that come with the only intention of defending for 90 minutes.

Dull narrow victories against really bad teams isn't enjoyable and not likely to entice people back.

8005..I've ordered 3 new ST's for me the laddie and thauld man👍

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I think for it to be enjoyable though and to get folk back it needs to be good competitive games with both teams trying to win....or us thumping teams that come with the only intention of defending for 90 minutes.

Dull narrow victories against really bad teams isn't enjoyable and not likely to entice people back.
    I think it's more for sustaining and building this great club up again though. The opposition should be secondary to our aims just now.

Rightly or wrongly we need to try and push on regardless and If we can't get people motivated on the back of the Scottish cup win then it's a sad day indeed.

FWIW - I'm going to buy my 1st ever ST for the laddie and me.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    I think it's more for sustaining and building this great club up again though. The opposition should be secondary to our aims just now. Rightly or wrongly we need to try and push on regardless and If we can't get people motivated on the back of the Scottish cup win then it's a sad day indeed. FWIW - I'm going to buy my 1st ever ST for the laddie and me.
    welcome aboard. More the merrier

How many season ticket holders did we have last season then?
    We have 8000 currently. 1000 new. 2000 to renew. So that would equal 6000 for last season? Maths was never my strong point.

Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    I think it's more for sustaining and building this great club up again though. The opposition should be secondary to our aims just now.

Rightly or wrongly we need to try and push on regardless and If we can't get people motivated on the back of the Scottish cup win then it's a sad day indeed.

FWIW - I'm going to buy my 1st ever ST for the laddie and me.
    Bang on mate

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Maybe you thought wrong?

Really good statement and refreshing honesty about where we are and where we want to be numbers wise.

Can't help but think she's pre-empting what most will see as an ambitious appointment (assuming it's Lennon) and really hoping to build on the excitement that currently surrounds the club. In the new head coach announcement I'm sure there'll be a few references to the 10k target and quite rightly so.

Actually I totally agree and you've put this well. Even though we're about to start our third season in the Championship and not solely because of the cup win, isn't this one of the most exciting and positive periods we've had in a while?

We've just lost a great manager in many respects and we seem to be getting excited about someone who can continue his good work and shore up the issues that we had as a club under his tenure.

I'm loving it right now.

The best reason anyone can give, been there done that mate .... hope you get to one or two games.

Really good statement and refreshing honesty about where we are and where we want to be numbers wise.

Can't help but think she's pre-empting what most will see as an ambitious appointment (assuming it's Lennon) and really hoping to build on the excitement that currently surrounds the club. In the new head coach announcement I'm sure there'll be a few references to the 10k target and quite rightly so.
    Realistic if Hibs appoint Lennon and he's given the budget to strengthen the squad.

Leanne wanted to issue a similar statement last season but after discussing it with a group of invited fans at a meeting she decided against it. But the time is absolutely right to do it now. I think we will easly pass the 10k mark. Lets do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Leanne wanted to issue a similar statement last season but after discussing it with a group of invited fans at a meeting she decided against it. But the time is absolutely right to do it now. I think we will easly pass the 10k mark. Lets do it.
    I do too, there is a real feel good factor now and i get the feeling quite a lot of us want to jump on that bus.

Get a good start hopefully with a good name manager like Lennon and walk up fans will increase too.

If we look like we are going to win this league early on, crowds may increase even more, and maybe some of those who are not excited about watching some of the games in this league will also come back in preparation for next season too?

Realistic if Hibs appoint Lennon and he's given the budget to strengthen the squad.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

I hear you Bingo but it isn't that much different in the top flight.

Most of the SPL just sit in when away from home and make it a dull spectacle.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I hear you Bingo but it isn't that much different in the top flight.

Most of the SPL just sit in when away from home and make it a dull spectacle.
    I dunno, take the Caley game for example, maybe slightly different with it being a cup game but I really really enjoyed it. It wasn't a classic but they brought some fans with them, there was a decent atmosphere, I felt if we dropped our guard at all they could score and likewise I thought we had space to work in their final third.

It probably wasn't a classic for a neutral but I felt it was a proper competitive game of football that could have gone either way, I just don't think we've really been getting that the last couple of years.

That'd be fine if we'd been pumping these rubbish teams by 4 or 5 but that just never really happened, except the Rangers and Cowdenbeath I think?

Stubbs is a hero of mine now and I don't want to talk the job he's done down but IMO the league performances last season were pretty poor and there's no stats out there that'll convince me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    How many season ticket holders did we have last season then?
    We have 8000 currently. 1000 new. 2000 to renew. So that would equal 6000 for last season? Maths was never my strong point.
    9000 I make it. 8000 just now, including 1000 new ones. So 7000 renewals. 2000 are still to renew, so if they renew that would bring us up to 9000

It's always disappointing to see people argue so passionately and eloquently AGAINST fans buying a season ticket.

Think we'll get a chunk of newbies turning up also due to our cup exploits. This group wouldnt go straight in and buy a season ticket.