hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

Any one heard any thing about this today? (cummings wants out)

Jason Cummings reportedly wants out of Hibernian after the club failed to win promotion and Alan Stubbs left to join Rotherham.

Cummings, 20, signed for Hibs in 2013 and ever since the club's relegation to the Championship two years ago, he's been the Easter Road side's star man.
    Cummings rattled in 25 goals last season and his performances have reportedly attracted the interest of other clubs. Rangers have been heavily linked with him during the past few months.
    Cummings is reportedly eager to move on after Hibs failed to win promotion and Head Coach Alan Stubbs moved to Rotherham, and Leeds would be foolish not to go back in for Cummings.
    Leeds were linked with Cummings back in January but a move did not materialise. However, with Cummings unsettled, Hibs could be forced to sell as keeping an unhappy player around only has a detrimental effect.
    Cummings is young and has bags of pace as well as a fantastic left foot, and he'd be an ideal replacement for Mirco Antenucci who recently departed the club.
    Rotherham have already been linked with the striker but it remains to be seen as to whether United will go back in for Cummings.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by corby hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rotherham have already been linked with the striker but it remains to be seen as to whether United will go back in for Cummings.
    Yep, linked as in "we won't be buying him".

@hibs.net private member
    If he wants out he wants out. Get good money for him and he gets a move. Win/Win, as long as he shows respect to the club that saved his career I have no problem with him leaving.

First Team Breakthrough
    I know he will leave at some point just hoping at least 2017/2018 season even on a free if he helps us get up.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Thought this would happen with Stubbs leaving.

If your heart isn't in it for another long season fighting for promotion (and a couple of European matches) then get out now.

He probably needs to move to progress Its the downside of not going up and Stubbs moving on
    To be expected. Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Anywhere but the huns.

Where is the report from? That aside I would never have classed JC as a player with "bags of pace" ... if he did have he would have left the average paced Wilson of Sevco trailing in his wake when one on one with him in the cup final.

We aint rich, but we aint skint either .... geeza million quid.

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    If he wants out he wants out. Get good money for him and he gets a move. Win/Win, as long as he shows respect to the club that saved his career I have no problem with him leaving.
    Don't think there'll be any problem there; boy's a daftie, but he's a good laddie and seems to be aware of what this club is to him.

The only thing I worry about is his career - I don't think he's ready for a move, neither on the pitch or off it. He's got a LOT to learn in the game and what's best for him is to stay where he is and improve where he's homegrown and he's forgiven for his lack of experience and the fans've got his back.

Moving to any other team with the fee he'll command, he'll have a lot of pressure on him to deliver and I think he'd struggle at a new club that saw him as the finished article.

He's not the messiah, he's Jason Cummings. I can imagine him going somewhere, failing somewhere, ending up at Hearts (boyhood'n'all that) failing there and then ending up an also-ran.

hope not, but I can't see any other way if he leaves Hibs now.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Where is the report from? That aside I would never have classed JC as a player with "bags of pace" ... if he did have he would have left the average paced Wilson of Sevco trailing in his wake when one on one with him in the cup final.

Website called fansnetwork.co.uk so maybe internet pish, it could mean Oli Shaw gets a chance which i've been waiting for.

Anywhere but the huns.
    If he stays in Scotland that probably is the most likely as I don't think Celtic will be looking at him. Hope he gets a move, if he does indeed move this summer, down south

No no no. Way to soon for Jason to move. Sign an improved contract and go in two years when your a more complete player.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Unsubstantiated pish. Close the thread now before it's the next Record "exclusive".

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

The way its written it looks like the Leeds equivalent of the EEN. Not sure where they got the "bags of pace" bit from!

Testimonial Due
    I think he'll leave, and im fairly comfortable with him leaving. Well gey 500k + that we can reinvest.

Id rather he stayed, but weve lost much better players in the past and willagain in the future

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamous1875 View Post
    Don't think there'll be any problem there; boy's a daftie, but he's a good laddie and seems to be aware of what this club is to him.

The only thing I worry about is his career - I don't think he's ready for a move, neither on the pitch or off it. He's got a LOT to learn in the game and what's best for him is to stay where he is and improve where he's homegrown and he's forgiven for his lack of experience and the fans've got his back.

Moving to any other team with the fee he'll command, he'll have a lot of pressure on him to deliver and I think he'd struggle at a new club that saw him as the finished article.

He's not the messiah, he's Jason Cummings. I can imagine him going somewhere, failing somewhere, ending up at Hearts (boyhood'n'all that) failing there and then ending up an also-ran.

hope not, but I can't see any other way if he leaves Hibs now.
    Jason's a good lad but does he not have the same agent as Scott Allan?

If so, it doesn't matter how much a good lad Jason is, he'll be tapped up and have his head turned and will be all over the place before we know it.

I think it was as bad for Jason as anyone that we didn't go up. He needs to be playing at a higher level to keep improving and he won't get that with us. Not sure he'd get much of a game for Rangers or Celtic and I don't think any other Scottish club could afford him. I also don't think he's mature enough to move down South or abroad yet.

Not sure what the right answer will be for Jason but the move that makes the most cash for his agent will be the move that happens, unfortunately.

Our new manager (whoever he/she may be) will have his/her first challenge lined up: convincing Jason Cummings to stay.
    I personally would rather keep him for one more season. When you consider we will have no Stokes, then Losing Cummings' firepower would leave a big question mark over where the goals will come from next season. Keatings is the only one proven to score when played, and even then his return was meagre.
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 04-06-2016 at 02:19 PM.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    They should be more worried about Leeds unsettled debts than our unsettled strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    They should be more worried about Leeds unsettled debts than our unsettled strikers.
    Yes, this so called story is a load of garbage and has nothing to do with Jason who I believe is enjoying a well earned holiday! Why anyone wants to then comment about him based on this is beyond me.

Website called fansnetwork.co.uk so maybe internet pish, it could mean Oli Shaw gets a chance which i've been waiting for.
    There is no maybe about it.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Reads as though it's been written by a Leeds fan. Pile of piss

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Plenty of quotes in that article. Oh well, thats him off to Leeds then........?!

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Jason's a good lad but does he not have the same agent as Scott Allan?

If so, it doesn't matter how much a good lad Jason is, he'll be tapped up and have his head turned and will be all over the place before we know it.

I think it was as bad for Jason as anyone that we didn't go up. He needs to be playing at a higher level to keep improving and he won't get that with us. Not sure he'd get much of a game for Rangers or Celtic and I don't think any other Scottish club could afford him. I also don't think he's mature enough to move down South or abroad yet.

Not sure what the right answer will be for Jason but the move that makes the most cash for his agent will be the move that happens, unfortunately.

Agents! Pah!!! Killed more young footballer careers than Sevco and Septic together. Money grabbing killers of hopes, dreams and wishes.

Heard a story yesterday night from someone with a bit of a connection to the club that he's away.

Wouldn't be that disappointed tbh, don't think he'll succeed at a level higher than the Scottish Prem. If we get a decent offer take it.

@hibs.net private member woodythehibee's Avatar
    Jase will presumably be away if he doesn't sign a new deal (which looks unlikely) . Can't see hibs letting him go for a free

Let him go....we need a striker that can use both feet and his fee will help towards that....we also have keatings and insall

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    It would be better for his development to spend another year or two with us before moving on but if we can get £500k - £750k now when he isn't going to sign a new contract i think we could survive without him.

Reinvest the money in a big, strong centre forward who won't get bullied in this league and will put away some of the dozens of chances per game that we are creating but haven't been scoring last season.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Reads as though it's been written by a Leeds fan. Pile of piss
    By a Leeds fannie.

The laddie has potential, no doubt, scores a lot of goals, however........also misses a lot more. Would I be devastated if he left ? Nah, he is replaceable, just hope we get a good wedge for him.