hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he said not worth 380 pound so I said if we all were like him then their would be no hibs. Just can't please some off our fans , too cold crap kick off times raining or windy so now we win cup and still get the excuses flung in
    Difficult to decide what something is worth. As a Hibs fan I don't need to think about if its worth going along if I can afford it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Let's get lapsed guys to buy again, tempt first timers to buy, this is OUR club.....

Would genuinely do as much as I can for the club because I want us to be successful. The more season tickets we shift, the more chance we have of success.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    7500 sold. 2500 still to renew. 1000 new st holders
    This would mean we sold 9000 last season . Don`t think club ever states an exact number but most hibs.net estimates seemed to be 7000 to 7500 . Personally I think 9000 would be impressive and would still allow for late ST sales in August / September and half STs in December plus results of campaigns for improved walk up numbers .

First Team Breakthrough Joe Baker2's Avatar
    be a true hibby and supporter. Get behind the new manager whoever he is and support the team no matter where they are. The club is much bigger than any one manager, player or team. Love the club - buy a season ticket!

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbySpurs View Post
    With SKY reporting this yesterday:

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...ob-sky-sources

I was wondering how far apart the club & NL might be on this?

How realistic is NL being I wonder?

If I was him my aims in the Hibs job (from a career perspective) would be:

1. Win the Championship in a stroll
    2. Push for 2nd/3rd in first season in Premier
    3. Win a cup

These would make him look a very good proposition to bigger clubs at the end on 17/18

All of the above require ££££££..... The first hurdle being his player/transfer kitty for the coming season? How much can the club afford/ how much does NL want?

At a guess I can see there being a sizeable gap with NL maybe looking for around £1M and the board down nearer the £500K mark.... Don't know why I pick those figures, they just seem about right. If NL is a realist he'll know that anymore than that is just plain silly and would never be granted but he'll be pushing to get the board up so as too make objective number one as easy as possible.

I may be wrong and both figures are half or maybe double the above... Just thought it worth discussing.
    In terms of transfer/ player kitty, standard procedure is to look at the wage bill and any transfer money together. My guess is Lennon will seek assurances about the player budget in total - it will be down to what your board has budgeted for next season and whether the two sides can agree. So I doubt there will be talk of fees available for transfers - eg a player who requires a transfer fee of £500k will almost certainly have big wage demands (?£200k pa?) so it would be £700k in that financial year, £200k ongoing, off the overall budget.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    This would mean we sold 9000 last season . Don`t think club ever states an exact number but most hibs.net estimates seemed to be 7000 to 7500 . Personally I think 9000 would be impressive and would still allow for late ST sales in August / September and half STs in December plus results of campaigns for improved walk up numbers .
    Not necessarily. Some of the 7,500 could be new tickets, or people who haven't had a ticket for some years, who bought on the back of the cup final and the guarantee of a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibs View Post
    No season ticket for myself due to work but purchased 4 season tickets for the leith links kicks for kids.

Hope they enjoy the experience

If the club announce Neil Lennon I think that would add around 1000 to the gate and deservedly so, the club would be showing real ambition here in my opinion and just like we're seeing now with Celtic fans and how they're reacting to Brendan Rodgers, I think the Hibs fans would also get a mighty boost, perception is everything, if you think big you'll most likely get that big reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I saw the statement from LD where she said 7,500 sold .... 1000 new STs included in that figure with 2,000 existing ST holders still to renew.

I highly doubt more than half of the 2,000 will fail to renew so we are looking at a minimum of 8,500 ..... but with 8 weeks to go until the league season kicks off its not unreasonable to think that we could hit at least 9,000 by then.

That accounts for less than 10% of the minimum 100,000 people who cared enough about Hibs to come out on to the streets two weeks ago. If every one of them bought one match ticket next season and the average spent was £15 a ticket that would give Hibs £1,350,000 in the coffers. If they all went to one league game, added to the 9,000 ST holders our average home league crowd would be at least 11,500 not counting away fans.

So forget season tickets for the moment ............. All that milling about down Leith Walk or Leith Links getting pissed singing 'Stokes is on fire' and waving your wee flag does for Hibernian football club is make for some spectacular pictures for the programme and the boardroom wall ... it does NOTHING .... absolutely NOTHING ... for the good health, on field success, or future of Hibernian FC if you don't back up that alleged enthusiasm by going to see them at least once next season.

Call yourself a Hibs fan ... but the truth is a St Mirren, Dundee Utd or Falkirk fan who pays to watch his team twice at ER next season is doing more than you Leith Walk Hibs supporters to help the club ...... FFS go to a game and become a real Hibs fan again.

idiotic statement there, my son Is too young to go to the games perhaps should have left him in the house for the parade, after all has nothing to do with the future of the club

Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    idiotic statement there, my son Is too young to go to the games perhaps should have left him in the house for the parade, after all has nothing to do with the future of the club
    Thats clearly not what he's getting at. And you know it.

We need to support our club by some financial commitment, whatever people can afford..

If you are able to pay for a season ticket, consider yourself a Hibs supporter, live in Edinburgh or close surrounding area, were singing, dancing celebrating and enjoying that incredible victory weekend (that showed the world our huge potential we all know we have at Hibs), maybe even got a ticket for the Final, were on the pitch, want more days like that, want a good squad of players and good manager, want to dominate your rivals in the future --- buy a season ticket.

Simple as that. There is no other way.

Looking forward to it and I have to admit, slightly ashamed that I let my last season ticket go three years ago due to frustration. Much better and more committed hibs fans than me here but like I've said before, I've complained often enough in the past so after giving a day like they did just over two weeks ago, I feel I owe the club some backing

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by son of haggart View Post
    In terms of transfer/ player kitty, standard procedure is to look at the wage bill and any transfer money together. My guess is Lennon will seek assurances about the player budget in total - it will be down to what your board has budgeted for next season and whether the two sides can agree. So I doubt there will be talk of fees available for transfers - eg a player who requires a transfer fee of £500k will almost certainly have big wage demands (?£200k pa?) so it would be £700k in that financial year, £200k ongoing, off the overall budget.
    Lol. Lessons in budgeting from a Yam.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Really don't want Lennon to get the gig - which is nothing to do with any off the field/sectarian side show. Has more of a Butcheresque feel than a Stubbs/Mowbray. Did really well with Celtic in a job where it was hard not to be doing really well with what the rest of Scottish football had to offer and resources at hand. Still did well and the European results were fantastic, can't take that away from him. Looking at his time at Bolton though is quite worrying. Not one Bolton fan would take him back. Extenuating circumstances there but even so very very poor on all fronts.
    Whilst this is my opinion if Lennon gets the gig from the day it's announced I'll quickly give myself an 'oh well' then will back the man 100% and be a new season ticket holder next year as couldn't manage last year (tho walked up to 14). If he gets it hope he goes and proves me wrong

GGTTH
    Scottish Cup winners 2016
    Well, didn't want the man think it's a mistake and we'll go backwards. That said he's in now... nearly... so as of now he gets 100% backing from me and will be getting the season ticket in.

Come on Neil - prove me wrong