hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

Big/Wee Cup Shan Patter

Any chance we can stop referring to the Scottish & League Cups as the Big & Wee cups? It's so very Yammish.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any chance we can stop referring to the Scottish & League Cups as the Big & Wee cups? It's so very Yammish.
    Only they went on about the big cup/ wee cup. Now that we have the big cup, i'm pretty sure they'll completely shut up about it now.
    Ps when did they last win the wee cup?

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    It's purely in retaliation to them so I understand it. But it's always been the "league cup" to me. They undermine it because they've not won it in over 50 years. They'd have changed their story if they'd beaten st mirren recently

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    It's purely in retaliation to them so I understand it. But it's always been the "league cup" to me. They undermine it because they've not won it in over 50 years. They'd have changed their story if they'd beaten st mirren recently
    Exactly. "We've no won the big cup since......" songs are funny but other than that it's the Scottish Cup for me.

@hibs.net private member
    Wee team big cup
    Big team nae cup

I loved winning the League Cup as well and should we lift it in November I'd be delighted.

The wee cup/big cup is just a reaction to the 'banter' of the Hearts fans over the years. Their 'wee cup' nonsense was just because they couldn't win it when we did. None of them will admit it publicly but they will be desperate to win the 'wee cup' now because the fact every Hibs fan over 8 has seen their team win both will annoy them something awful.

First Team Breakthrough
    Absolutely, it's now completely irrelevant . As per 16.50 last Saturday their Big cup Wee cup crap was erased in one glorious header.

It's disrespectful to our teams of 07,91 and the tornadoes

It's belittling their achievements by even sarcastically referring to it as "wee".

Indeed. But super John and Lewis Stevenson have both won both trophies more recently than hearts.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Wee team big cup
    Big team nae cup
    Superb! LOL

They've no won the league cup for 53 years. In contrast we've now won both cups in the last 9 years. We'll need to get a song related to this for the next derby.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Such a wee cup that hearts have boycotted it since 1962.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I don't and never have. Hertz fans are the only ones who refer to them as such.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Hibees both cups, jam tarts one cup

Left by mutual consent!
    It's tongue in cheek mate. I don't think any Hibs fan considers one to be a greater achievement than the other. I was equally ecstatic when we won the League Cup. It's just funny to use it against the fudbos. Turning their own shan patter against them. It's like stabbing them with their own sword.

The 3 MAJOR trophies up for grabs each season are The League Championship, The Scottish Cup and The Scottish League Cup
    Winning any of the two MAJOR cups is a MAJOR achievement. Only the Jambos dishonestly belittle the League cup simply because we keep winning it and they don't.
    Their failure to win that particular cup in 54 years now stands as an embarrassment and so they really must keep on belittling it to try and save face.
    Now that our boys have removed the 114 years tag, the 54 years and counting tag sits with the Jambos.
    How utterly satisfying is that?
    We Hibbies need to ram it down their gorgie throats at every opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    It's tongue in cheek mate. I don't think any Hibs fan considers one to be a greater achievement than the other. I was equally ecstatic when we won the League Cup. It's just funny to use it against the fudbos. Turning their own shan patter against them. It's like stabbing them with their own sword.
    I know it started as a GIRUY to them but if you read most threads on here it's creeping into general chat. Leave that pish to them.
    Last edited by Frazerbob; 29-05-2016 at 08:23 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    I know it started as a GIRUY to them but if you read most threads on here it's kreeping into general chat. Leave that pish to them.
    People are still buzzing. The last thing they're worried about is the quality of chat on a message board.

First Team Breakthrough MileHighBees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibhibhurray View Post
    The 3 MAJOR trophies up for grabs each season are The League Championship, The Scottish Cup and The Scottish League Cup
    Winning any of the two MAJOR cups is a MAJOR achievement. Only the Jambos dishonestly belittle the League cup simply because we keep winning it and they don't.
    Their failure to win that particular cup in 54 years now stands as an embarrassment and so they really must keep on belittling it to try and save face.
    Now that our boys have removed the 114 years tag, the 54 years and counting tag sits with the Jambos.
    Was about to say something similar.
    For a while there were daft comments about the League Cup no longer being a major trophy because it didn't bring a European place any more
    The Scottish Cup is more prestigious than the League Cup and always has been but both are still major trophies.
    Given how difficult it has been for anyone outside the obvious 2 to win the league in recent years, winning either of the 2 cups (without financial doping) is still a massive achievement.
    When someone else actually does win their fans remember it forever.
    This decade :-
    Ask Killie
    Ask St Mirren
    Ask Aberdeen
    Ask Ross County
    Ask St Johnstone
    Ask ICT
    Ask Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by hibhibhurray View Post
    I totally agree with you, and for the previous poster re-the song.....tell all the jambos you know, .for 54 years, you've no won the cup, you've no won the cup for 54 years in arrow. ram it upum!! for another poster, it's yammish. oh is it? get it right up the bassas. they gave me it for the last 49 years so they are due it.

Totally agree with the OP ....... it only ever became 'the wee cup' to the Yams because they had won the Scottish but just simply couldn't do it in the League cup whereas we could .. therefore they simply had to belittle our achievement any way they could.

Well now that's changed ....... we have a losing streak in the league cup of 9 years and a losing streak in the Scottish Cup of 0 years. They have a losing streak in the league cup of 54 years and a losing streak in the Scottish cup of 4 years.

Now its our turn to talk about 1962 and time for them to start talking about curses ... 54 years is a long time

You know, even the Huns were delighted to win the Petrofac this season saying that they were going for the "treble" (and that was with straight faces), as we all know Hearts fans obsession with size comes from a feeling of inadequacy due to the fact that they have only won three cups in 50 odd years whilst proclaiming to be Scotland`s third best supported club! Hearts - so big they have to keep saying it!

This fascination with size has long been a Jambo trait. Bet the Kickback massive has been out with the rulers praying for an above-average cock length since Saturday.

Prayers that have doubtless gone unanswered.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevenl049 PSN ID: stevenl049
    Since 19 six two..... It's a double whack!

First Team Regular
    Correct, glorious to see St Mirren beat them in the final, a team they despise and blame for loosing the league in 86. Solely to hide the fact that it was in THEIR hands and it was theirs with 10 minutes to go.

Now that is the definition of bottling it.

I agree, it just more guff the yams come out with in their obsession with being "the big team". Not even celtic fans come out with the same cringeworthy stuff the yams do.

Funny how when they got to the final in 2013 the so called "wee cup" suddenly became important and we were losers for not getting to the final like them.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Hearts big cup is the Champions League?

The Big Cup/Wee Cup is a Hearts invention, an attempt to belittle our achievements in winning a trophy they seem incapable of winning themselves.

The only time Hibs Fans have used this term is in reference to them, not to belittle the achievement of winning the League Cup but to show them how this has now backfired.

It'll soon die down, so don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Hearts big cup is the Champions League?
    Are they no meant to be winning that sometime soon, i'm sure Romanov told them 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgher View Post
    You know, even the Huns were delighted to win the Petrofac this season saying that they were going for the "treble" (and that was with straight faces), as we all know Hearts fans obsession with size comes from a feeling of inadequacy due to the fact that they have only won three cups in 50 odd years whilst proclaiming to be Scotland`s third best supported club! Hearts - so big they have to keep saying it!
    Thats it isn't it, real big clubs don't have to keep giving "oh look at us! look how big we are! big team, wee team etc etc" every chance they get. They seem to believe that the more they say it over and over again the truer it will become. Very very sad indeed. Would you ever hear Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd, Liverpool fans etc or even celtic fans become so obsessed in this big team/wee team nonsense. No because they ARE big teams, they don't have to keep saying it over and over again trying to convince people (and themselves). It seems to be only hearts that have such an obsession, an obsession that got so huge that it nearly crippled them, bumping creditors to cheat themselves a bit of glory and fuel this pathetic wee big team delusion.