hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

Who are they talking about?

Who's the ex Hibs player then? Does he even exist?

http://www.thenational.scot/sport/th...-justice.18032

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    He's standing next to her. So he can't be that bright.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    What a bizarre article. It basically says "one made up ex hibs player is ashamed, did you know Kezia is a hibs fan, well now you do so send her your abuse here"

Seems like an irresponsible article to publish, inviting rangers fans to send a torrent of abuse to an elected politician.
    Last edited by SlickShoes; 27-05-2016 at 08:37 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    I doubt it. I can't believe anyone that loves Hibs would think that anything spoiled the day on Saturday.

Left by mutual consent!
    Kirk Broadfoot??

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Condemns the rangers statement for telling the Orc hordes to attack Sturgeon and then makes sure they all know Dugdale is a Hibee. What do they think will come of that? Shocking hypocracy from th National.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

That's a seriously irresponsible invitation to the knuckledraggers to start on Kezia Dugdale. It's not like she's got her troubles to seek ...

I don't know who he's talking about but I do agree with some of the sentiments expressed.

Whilst nothing could have "spoiled" my day last Saturday the pitch invasion did go some way towards that. From being extremely proud to be a Hibs fan when the final whistle went I quickly became embarrassed by a fair number of my fellow supporters who went onto the pitch and damaged the playing surface and goalposts. I was then mortified/disgusted when I found out that a small number had actually harassed Rangers players and officials.

It has definitely tarnished the name of the club and put us on the defensive when we should be puffing out our chests with pride. I hope those that invaded the pitch understand that, whilst they may have indulged their own emotions after the final whistle, their actions went some way to spoiling the enjoyment of other Hibs fans and possibly players too.

I'm not posting this to get into a debate about the behaviour of Rangers fans compared to ours. Any objective observer would conclude that many Rangers fans behave like foul-mouthed yobs and bigots every week. I just feel it needs to be said that the pitch invasion was wrong and took the shine off our success in my view.

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    Wasn't the co-commentator on the Sky coverage not Andy Walker? he's an ex Hibs player and was more than 'ashamed' listening to his slavering comments.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know who he's talking about but I do agree with some of the sentiments expressed.

Whilst nothing could have "spoiled" my day last Saturday the pitch invasion did go some way towards that. From being extremely proud to be a Hibs fan when the final whistle went I quickly became embarrassed by a fair number of my fellow supporters who went onto the pitch and damaged the playing surface and goalposts. I was then mortified/disgusted when I found out that a small number had actually harassed Rangers players and officials.

It has definitely tarnished the name of the club and put us on the defensive when we should be puffing out our chests with pride. I hope those that invaded the pitch understand that, whilst they may have indulged their own emotions after the final whistle, their actions went some way to spoiling the enjoyment of other Hibs fans and possibly players too.

I'm not posting this to get into a debate about the behaviour of Rangers fans compared to ours. Any objective observer would conclude that many Rangers fans behave like foul-mouthed yobs and bigots every week. I just feel it needs to be said that the pitch invasion was wrong and took the shine off our success in my view.
    I do struggle to understand the disgust of some regarding the pitch invasion itself. We see it happening every year all over the world without an eyelid being batted. When man city won the league, every year in the English playoffs, etc, etc. Yes, the fans that went looking for trouble, thats a different matter - but the likes of sportsound were already showing their ABSOLUTE DISGUST at what was happening long before any clashes were visible - it's like they were waiting for something to happen to critisize hibs.

As for the article, its a shocker. Talk about trying to incense people.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinehibby View Post
    Wasn't the co-commentator on the Sky coverage not Andy Walker? he's an ex Hibs player and was more than 'ashamed' listening to his slavering comments.
    I know I said club foot for a laugh but no danger that we rodent would be invited by the club. It will be made up ****.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

I would agree to an extent wish it hadnt happened and that the cup was presented in the normal way however the authorities also need to take a share of the blame re stewarding. It has given rangers an opportunity allied to their succulent lamb friends in the media to deflect away from our glorious win..

As much as I'm not a fan of hers politically, that article effectively invites rangers nutters to go and abuse Kezia, that's a massively irresponsible thing to put in print.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I do struggle to understand the disgust of some regarding the pitch invasion itself. We see it happening every year all over the world without an eyelid being batted. When man city won the league, every year in the English playoffs, etc, etc. Yes, the fans that went looking for trouble, thats a different matter - but the likes of sportsound were already showing their ABSOLUTE DISGUST at what was happening long before any clashes were visible - it's like they were waiting for something to happen to critisize hibs.

As for the article, its a shocker. Talk about trying to incense people.
    I was quite careful to say that I was "embarrassed" by the pitch invasion - not "disgusted". My disgust was with the few who harassed Rangers players/officials and damaged the pitch/goalpost - also those who went right up in front of the Rangers fans giving it to them.

That is why pitch invasions are more problematic in Scotland than in England. Many of our social divisions are manifested in football rivalries and therefore potentially more dangerous. Whilst I did not anticipate any of our our fans going for Rangers players or damaging the pitch it was pretty obvious as soon as the invasion started that some would attempt to goad Rangers fans and that, if Rangers fans responded, it could get nasty.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Andy Walker?

Quote Originally Posted by HH_MYB View Post
    As much as I'm not a fan of hers politically, that article effectively invites rangers nutters to go and abuse Kezia, that's a massively irresponsible thing to put in print.
    Think the article is trying to make a point, e.g. the attack on Sturgeon. Irresponsible tho!

Gamer IDs

I was quite careful to say that I was "embarrassed" by the pitch invasion - not "disgusted". My disgust was with the few who harassed Rangers players/officials and damaged the pitch/goalpost - also those who went right up in front of the Rangers fans giving it to them.

That is why pitch invasions are more problematic in Scotland than in England. Many of our social divisions are manifested in football rivalries and therefore potentially more dangerous. Whilst I did not anticipate any of our our fans going for Rangers players or damaging the pitch it was pretty obvious as soon as the invasion started that some would attempt to goad Rangers fans and that, if Rangers fans responded, it could get nasty.
    Sorry, the disgusted part wasn't aimed at you - more the MSM

What a dreadful article. Yes Kezia Dugdale supports Hibs. So what? She went to the final as a fellow Hibs fans, not as leader of the Scottish Labour Party.

Why is the National encouraging the perma-offended, slighted bluenose troglodytes to have a go at her? What a disgrace of a paper, no better than the rubbish the Daily Record has been publishing.

This week has shown that the Scottish print media are an utter waste of time whether they are at the Record, Sun or National, they can all shove their newspapers up their bums.
    Last edited by AndyM_1875; 27-05-2016 at 09:54 AM.

Kenny Miller.

@hibs.net private member
    Scott Allan?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post
    What a dreadful article. Yes Kezia Dugdale supports Hibs. So what? She went to the final as a fellow Hibs fans, not as leader of the Scottish Labour Party.

Why is the National encouraging the perma-offended, slighted bluenose troglodytes to have a go at her? What a disgrace of a paper, no better than the rubbish the Daily Record has been publishing.

This week has shown that the Scottish print media are an utter waste of time whether they are at the Record, Sun or National, they can all shove their newspapers up their bums.
    Is that a serious question as to why? It's because they want to discredit labour to make the snp look good.

It's frankly pathetic and shameful article.

Hugely irresponsible article that.

Who is next to be Outed

Ian Gray ? Kenny Mackaskill I have also seen Keith Brown at ER regularly so more Hibees to be Outed

The way I read that article was they were having a pop at The Rangers.

Rangers have had a right go at Sturgeon in the press for seemingly not condoning the Hibs support and also she's Govan's MSP, Dugdale is the leader of the Scottish Labour party, a known Hibs fan who has also not mentioned the pitch invasion and nothing at all said by Rangers about here, why?

It again looks like double standards from Rangers by attacking one leader and not the other, Sturgeon is seen as their rep in parliament so they expect her to stand up for Rangers and as she hasn't they're peed off.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    The way I read that article was they were having a pop at The Rangers.

Rangers have had a right go at Sturgeon in the press for seemingly not condoning the Hibs support and also she's Govan's MSP, Dugdale is the leader of the Scottish Labour party, a known Hibs fan who has also not mentioned the pitch invasion and nothing at all said by Rangers about here, why?

It again looks like double standards from Rangers by attacking one leader and not the other, Sturgeon is seen as their rep in parliament so they expect her to stand up for Rangers and as she hasn't they're peed off.
    That's how I read it as well.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

The unknown ex player didn't go to the celebration because of the pitch invasion ..... Really? ..... what a plank.

To be honest the more I think about it the more I'm convinced that the lack of a pitch invasion on Saturday would have been a massive disappointment ..... Of all the clubs that have won the Scottish Cup at Hampden since I was born, more than any other club our victory was all about the fans, even more than the players or the club.

There was folk there who had watched Hibs lose final after final .... folk who had seen Hibs mad friends and relatives pass away without ever seeing the club win the cup ... a huge number of folk who had endured the 2012 final ... as Hibs supporters every one of them had had 1902 rammed down their throat for bloody decades. As far as I'm concerned that pitch invasion was the entirely appropriate full stop to 114 years of humiliation and had to happen.

The fact that the players were not allowed to do their lap of honour was entirely down to the police / SFA taking a massive huff over what had happened and nothing to do with security and in view of that it was not the fans fault.

The few idiots who went too far ( I don't include goalpost climbers or gardeners ) will be punished and rightly so ....... but anybody seriously suggesting that what happened has taken the gloss off of Saturday needs to get a bloody grip.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 27-05-2016 at 02:19 PM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I wonder if the ex player was Michael Stewart

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Who's the ex Hibs player then? Does he even exist?

http://www.thenational.scot/sport/th...-justice.18032

Is that a spoof article?

First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    The unknown ex player didn't go to the celebration because of the pitch invasion ..... Really? ..... what a plank.

To be honest the more I think about it the more I'm convinced that the lack of a pitch invasion on Saturday would have been a massive disappointment ..... Of all the clubs that have won the Scottish Cup at Hampden since I was born, more than any other club our victory was all about the fans, even more than the players or the club.

There was folk there who had watched Hibs lose final after final .... folk who had seen Hibs mad friends and relatives pass away without ever seeing the club win the cup ... a huge number of folk who had endured the 2012 final ... as Hibs supporters every one of them had had 1902 rammed down their throat for bloody decades. As far as I'm concerned that pitch invasion was the entirely appropriate full stop to 114 years of humiliation and had to happen.

The fact that the players were not allowed to do their lap of honour was entirely down to the police / SFA taking a massive huff over what had happened and nothing to do with security and in view of that it was not the fans fault.

The few idiots who went too far ( I don't include goalpost climbers or gardeners ) will be punished and rightly so ....... but anybody seriously suggesting that what happened has taken the gloss off of Saturday needs to get a bloody grip.
    Well said

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Is that a spoof article?
    I thought that as well at first especially since whoever wrote it doesn't even put their actual name to the piece.