hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I just don't see it happening. The scenes from Sunday are something comparatively few managers ever get to experience, and a league title win to secure us promotion would also be one hell of a party.

To go from that to an at best middling championship side when he could stay another year and walk in to a bigger job when his contract is up is surely a more attractive offer?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just don't see it happening. The scenes from Sunday are something comparatively few managers ever get to experience, and a league title win to secure us promotion would also be one hell of a party.

To go from that to an at best middling championship side when he could stay another year and walk in to a bigger job when his contract is up is surely a more attractive offer?
    Yeah but he has ambitions higher than Hibs and unless he wins the Scottish Cup or does a League and League Cup double next year then he won't better this achievement. To be honest even if he did one of those then it's not going to look any better, his stock is as high as it's going to be for some time ( he would have to get us up then have a good season in the premiership to start attracting better offers IMO).

Obviously Rotherham aren't the biggest club but it's another stepping stone and he will be much more visible.

Im very hopeful he will knock back any approaches for at least the next year. He was adamant on Sunday that he had a job to finish and he had no intention of leaving. BUT if that changes and he is away i'd fully expect Hanlon to go with him.

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Didn't Stubbs play for Derby? I'm sure there is a pic in the Cup Final programme of Stubbs and Kenny Miller playing together in the same Derby side. Surely that's a more attractive prospect for him? And dare I say it, for Derby also, rather than The Missing Man........

Rotherham.....!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Yeah, I think he'll go too if he gets the chance.

I don't think it's anything to do with money either, he needs to be realistic, a cup win in Scotland and pretty poor performance in the league is only going to get you so many offers down south, getting the offer of a championship club is a pretty good opportunity for him. He won't need to do a spectacular job down there, keep them up will be seen as a success, if he can do that for a couple of years he'll likely get the chance of working at a club with genuine promotion ambitions.

I think this time next week we'll be looking for a new boss.
    It's the punishment Hibs usually have to take when we get close to winning anything. Just grateful we managed to keep one that delivered us something very special before he is whisked off to a so called "bigger club". If Stubbs goes, he goes with our thanks.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Stubbs now 11/8 for Rotherham job. Second favorite behind Mowbray at 5/4.

Warbs 50/1 for Arsenal gig

I heard from someone that his family are now living up here with him, sounds like he is staying.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

think its a stick on that mogga takes the Rotheram gig and Stubbs stays here. I reckon so long as the club back a similar/better budget for next year, he stays and we win the champ at a canter.

thats just the bookies trying to make a few extra £'s from idiots.

As much as I Like Stubbsy and want him to stay i'm surprised he has attracted attention from championship clubs - He has only been in FT management for two years and not met his objectives (Promotion) The SC more than compensates for that obviously from a hibs point of view, however I think there are other managers within Scottish football that have done superb jobs however seem to not be mentioned for any managerial posts - yogi for example.
    Last edited by pacoluna; 27-05-2016 at 08:00 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    How come that tramp Neilson is never linked with anything apart from the missing caveman to ape gene?

Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post
    How come that tramp Neilson is never linked with anything apart from the missing caveman to ape gene?
    Because craig levein pulls the strings

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    I honestly don't think it is the money that will lure him.

He has ambitions to manage in the EPL ..preferably with Everton and he knows he can't stay in Scotland for much longer, but has to build his managerial profile in England.

While some may scoff at Rotherham, they ARE a championship side, and the second tier league in Scotland is scoffed at much more in England believe me.

I'm pretty sure he'll go if he gets the offer....and he obviously applied for the job last October by all reports..so those scoffers seem to be oblivious to that.
    I wonder about that. I think he made some rookie mistakes this season and there is no point in going if he doesn't have all the skills he needs to succeed.

If he goes to Rotherham and they get relegated then his chances of ever being an EPL manager will plummet. Another successful year at Hibs and he will get better job offers. Tough decision for him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    Because craig levein pulls the strings
    Why doesn't he get approached too then?

Why doesn't he get approached too then?
    cos he tried managing a team in England and he was *****.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Because, dare I say it, Stubbs has higher ambitions than Neilson, and his agent does a good job of keeping his name out there

Left by mutual consent!
    Fair point Callum. Could be also Neilson is at his level and that's it. Stubbs has made no secret of the fact England is where his ambitions lie. I read he had an interview at Rotherham last year? Surely that's Pish as no formal approach was made?

The club have it covered regardless of what happens and trust them more than ever to deliver.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    cos he tried managing a team in England and he was *****.
    Good call.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    All the bams on here that were wanting him sacked last week will be happy then.....

Best manager we have had in years and now a legend.

Please stay Stubbsy and take us up.
    He is a legend for the cup win, of course.

The reality is that he also failed in the league and so when we get back to the bread and butter next year I want us to have the best possible chance to get back up. I'm not so sure that best chance is Alan Stubbs. There is no point in me being inconsistent on that after winning the cup. If anything it illustrated again in that last 20 minutes the way a lot of us think the team should be playing more often.

Left by mutual consent!

Mowbray not even in the betting on this list taken 5 minutes ago I reckon Mowbray will get it.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/...manent-manager

@hibs.net private member
    Stubbs now back in to even money favourite on Skybet

First Team Breakthrough
    Based on the historic win on Sat you would think that Rotherham's interest in Stubbs would have made the sporting news on Reporting Scotland or STV news. I've watched it all week and saw / heard nothing.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

The reality is that he also failed in the league and so when we get back to the bread and butter next year I want us to have the best possible chance to get back up. I'm not so sure that best chance is Alan Stubbs. There is no point in me being inconsistent on that after winning the cup. If anything it illustrated again in that last 20 minutes the way a lot of us think the team should be playing more often.
    Come on Andy, you can be as inconsistent as you like!

I've agreed with a lot of what you've said on where it went wrong for us in the League campaign. But I do like Stubbs a lot.

I hope he stays. I think he's earned unequivocal backing from us. Let's enjoy the summer, then approach the new campaign united behind our team and what they need to achieve next season.

Chance of league title, the scottish cup, league cup, and the lucrative petrofac cup ..........or rotherham.

Quote Originally Posted by Gail View Post
    Mowbray not even in the betting on this list taken 5 minutes ago I reckon Mowbray will get it.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/...manent-manager
    I Would say Coventry are more of an attractive/bigger club than rotherham even giving the fact a division separates them. Would be more surprised if mowbray took it than stubbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    I Would say Coventry are more of an attractive/bigger club than rotherham even giving the fact a division separates them. Would be more surprised if mowbray took it than stubbs.
    Yep, agree with that, but again, why is Mowbray so high in the betting? It looks like it is between the 2 of them.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Regardless of what happens to Stubbs, the guy is now a legendary Hibernian manager.

He is a winner and for that reason I can see him holding off a big move at least until he gets us promoted at the end of next season. Strikes me as the kind of guy who hates unfinished business (and who has got a real love for the club/team!).

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Reading have just sacked their manager.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

I agree with what you are saying Andy (yes I do realise that's bizarre ) but I would be inclined to go with Alan Stubbs.

More in the hope that he has gleaned knowledge from the last two seasons and that he will get it right next season.

He is still relatively inexperienced and he isn't a hopeless case at this moment in time.

I get sick and tired of changing a manager every couple of years or so, so I wouldn't be for getting shot of. If he leaves to go for another club then fair enough.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Reading have just sacked their manager.

Now that would be a handy appointment for Warbie ( sorry Cav ! ) Just down the road from the family home and far more respectable than Sevconia.