hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyisGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We were early for our slot and went to the shop, money burning a hole in my pocket. Pretty much nothing. Certainly nothing in extra fat bar steward size. In desperation I bought a couple of old style bar scarfs. My one will replace the one cremated with my father last year and I anticipate it will bring me just as much fortune as the last...
    Nice touch having scarf cremated with your father .
    Was there early for 3 30 and photographer was helping the person printing off the photos and as me and my daughter were only ones waiting got more time to look at the cup
    Wasn't as emotional as i thought i might be
    On way back to paisley stopped off at O Neil's in the Merchant City in Glasgow and had a half pint of this very fitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Any news on SC winners stuff yet? Looks like I'll be going my hols without anything. By the time we have anything someone else will have won the cup. I've had polo shirts on order for two weeks now, what a farce!

Pat Head said that there would be stuff coming in He said that over a week ago and indicated it could be two weeks i think so surely this week deliveries will arrive
    School holidays and folk will be pissed off if nothing to wear on holiday
    Still think Club are not communicating well reCup Final Merchandise

@hibs.net private member
    Just reported what was said at Working Together meeting last week, Ronnie. Hope they were right as I would like somethings myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Nice touch having scarf cremated with your father .
    Was there early for 3 30 and photographer was helping the person printing off the photos and as me and my daughter were only ones waiting got more time to look at the cup
    Wasn't as emotional as i thought i might be
    On way back to paisley stopped off at O Neil's in the Merchant City in Glasgow and had a half pint of this very fitting

what on earth is the "merchant city" not another area within an area or summit lol. Glasgow loves to big it up.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Any news on SC winners stuff yet? Looks like I'll be going my hols without anything. By the time we have anything someone else will have won the cup. I've had polo shirts on order for two weeks now, what a farce!
    Nike polo shirts were in the shop on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    what on earth is the "merchant city" not another area within an area or summit lol. Glasgow loves to big it up.

It's where the Yuppies go for a drink after work.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Nike polo shirts were in the shop on Friday.
    My order was for the Avec SC winners ones. They were shown as in stock when I placed my order and it's now been saying processing for over 2 weeks in my account!

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    There are white Nike golf polos in the ship when I was in. Very smart but they only had a few sizes.

Got a white Persevered tshirt, but the only Avec ones were green.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member
    Poor quality towels on sale, no mention of the Scottish Cup on them.

I got a white Persevere t shirt and a purple avec training top through the online shop Both tops in the bag, like as if they where taken off the hanger and put in. I get a load of tops via other sports outlets and each item is bagged seperately. Tried to go online today for Scottish cup winners polo but couldnt get on for some reason. Holidays are looming so would like some more tops. Will try again later

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    I'm owed a fancy dan 50th birthday present, and luckily enough hibs only went and won the cup. So I'm thinking a nice piece of art work. Maybe sir David on his knees back view. Would the club be doing something like this? Quite pricey but only a few quid per 100 years wait.
    Last edited by Newry Hibs; 27-06-2016 at 05:44 PM.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    But like the grassmarket or cowgate, area of Glasgow named after it's historical use.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    But like the grassmarket or cowgate, area of Glasgow named after it's historical use.
    Its not got the same scenic setting as the Grass Market
    Oriels is in the old Candleriggs Building next to thenOld Fruit Market building which is good music venue
    Cafe Gandolfi Lots of good places to eat and drink nearby as is Torn Theatre

Have Hibs just given up on this?

Even a statement saying they understand the frustrations but will have a full range in due course would be good. I was in the shop the other night after having my picture taken desperate to spend and there was just nothing.

Surely the range currently available, and unavilable, online isn't all we are getting.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Even a statement saying they understand the frustrations but will have a full range in due course would be good. I was in the shop the other night after having my picture taken desperate to spend and there was just nothing.

Surely the range currently available, and unavilable, online isn't all we are getting.
    It's poor. The excuse/reason about the pitch invasion aftermath stopping the store manger order stuff in is looking even more ridiculous as the days tick on.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar

Agree.....is this not the sort of thing the fans reps should be involved with.

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Newry Hibs View Post
    I'm owed a fancy dan 50th birthday present, and luckily enough hibs only went and won the cup. So I'm thinking a nice piece of art work. Maybe sir David on his knees back view. Would the club be doing something like this? Quite pricey but only a few quid per 100 years wait.
    A sculpture? That's a great idea
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875

yeah, I was willing to give them 2 or 3 weeks but I'm nearly at the point of moving past it. the stuff available is what you would get after being on an outing with the school as a kid.

Looks like they have which is hugely disappointing and I was in the same boat after the photos desperate to spend cash but there was some awful stuff in there. The decision to sell the shop looks like a spectacular own goal if they are having to go through a third party to convince them to make some SCF regalia.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieCowan View Post
    Looks like they have which is hugely disappointing and I was in the same boat after the photos desperate to spend cash but there was some awful stuff in there. The decision to sell the shop looks like a spectacular own goal if they are having to go through a third party to convince them to make some SCF regalia.
    They could order there own stuff and sell it in the concourses before the games next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    yeah, I was willing to give them 2 or 3 weeks but I'm nearly at the point of moving past it. the stuff available is what you would get after being on an outing with the school as a kid.
    The euphoria will and to a certain extent already has died down a bit. I wanted stuff for summer this year i.e. 2016, the year we won the thing. If I don't get anything prior to going on holiday next week I'll definitely have a different mind set when I get back. I will still purchase some stuff but not to the extent I would have if I'd been caught up in the impulse buying when it's still fresh in the mind. Real shame 😟

@hibs.net private member
    Not merchandise but I bought a strip for nephew end of the season miscalculated his age the strip I bought is 10-12 years he is 6.

It's a home strip tags still on it no sponsor on the front.

Pm me if intrested

Cheers

I fully expected to buy numerous things when i was there about 10 days ago but there was zilch. I had hoped, like others, that I would get plenty of things for going away on holiday. Unfortunately I left on Sunday for my holiday and all I have from the shop is a Persevered t-shirt.

Regardless of who makes the final decisions on these things, Hibs agreed to this link up with Nike so the club is ultimately responsible.

The lack of merchandise available to buy, more than 5 weeks after we won the cup, is quite frankly a disgrace.
    This was a golden opportunity for the club to really milk this and make an absolute fortune.

We really should be hearing some sort of explanation from the club about this issue. People from Hibs do come on here so they must be aware that people are complaining about this and it should be publicly addressed.

@hibs.net private member
    Leeann really needs to have a good look at herself, and her underlings. The cup final ticket sales system was a fiasco. The loyalty points situation - especially the HSL debacle - was pathetic, and the merchandising black hole is beyond belief. 4/10 for administration, Leeann; must do better.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    It's been nothing short of disgraceful. I've been desperate to go on a mass spending spree of Scottish Cup items. For a club who loves to milk cash we have turned our nose up at a fortune. Makes no sense whatsoever. And as time goes on now, that want for a massive spending spree is wearing off. Someone's responsible and has dropped the ball big time here!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I wouldn't really be in the market for an abundance of souvenirs, but the goods in offer has been very poor. The t-shirts on sale when we were there on Thursday night were a far more basic cut and quality than the Avec ones, but selling at same price. Glad I managed to get one when they were first released. I'll look forward in due course to books/DVDs that will be more appealing to adults, but it's a real shame for kids who will be disappointed at the choices of goods available.

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    It's been nothing short of disgraceful. I've been desperate to go on a mass spending spree of Scottish Cup items. For a club who loves to milk cash we have turned our nose up at a fortune. Makes no sense whatsoever. And as time goes on now, that want for a massive spending spree is wearing off. Someone's responsible and has dropped the ball big time here!
    Yep, it's like buying that crap photo at a hugely inflated price as soon as you get off a thrill ride. If you don't buy it then you probably never will, especially at those inflated prices!

I have a cup final programme and my ticket in a frame on the wall and that's all I need. But cup final merchandise is a big money spinner for the club and the fact that more than a month down the line Hibs appear to be failing miserably to capitalise on what should be a small goldmine reflects badly on the commercial department of the club.

For a few years now the stuff on offer in the shop has been poor .... the scarves for example aren't a patch on the ones you can buy outside the ground design wise. The T Shirts are bland and not very good quality etc.

The big one for me is the failure in this modern age of short attention spans to have produced a cup final DVD ....... The footage from the game and Leith the day after is freely available .. I don't accept that the pitch invasion is any reason whatsoever for what seems a ridiculous amount of time to get a DVD out.

Failure last season to get promoted cost this club a fortune in gate money and possible TV cash ..... Its probably also reasonable to say that if the cup had been accompanied by promotion our reasonable target for season tickets would be 14,000 not 10,000. That was not to be and so everybody at Hibs should be busting a gut to maximise income ..... in those circumstances dropping the ball on any possible revenue stream is criminal and if Leeann isn't kicking ***** she should be.

One thing we can do to address these problems is to ensure that from now until the end of time we never again get involved with Nike ... they clearly are not a good fit ( no pun intended ) for a club of our size.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I fully expected to buy numerous things when i was there about 10 days ago but there was zilch. I had hoped, like others, that I would get plenty of things for going away on holiday. Unfortunately I left on Sunday for my holiday and all I have from the shop is a Persevered t-shirt.

Regardless of who makes the final decisions on these things, Hibs agreed to this link up with Nike so the club is ultimately responsible.

The lack of merchandise available to buy, more than 5 weeks after we won the cup, is quite frankly a disgrace.
    This was a golden opportunity for the club to really milk this and make an absolute fortune.

We really should be hearing some sort of explanation from the club about this issue. People from Hibs do come on here so they must be aware that people are complaining about this and it should be publicly addressed.

The lack of comment about merchandising and the new strip has been really poor.

The club shop has dropped in quality for a while and Hibs should be reviewing this and the content.