hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's good that this shows the rangers fans in a bad light after everything that has been thrown in Hibs direction.

These cops weren't far away and i have no doubt what they are saying about the rangers fans as I have seen that before at Easter Road with them, horrible lot
    I'm happy that there was a delay cause they would have attacked Hibs fans outside, once an animal always an animal.

Fwiw, I thought the police response inside was decent and things calmed down quickly with no one injured, bearing in mind 95% of Hibs fans on the pitch were just celebrating

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HOUSEkid
    Zombie witness confirms story:

The Daily Record is a rag and I'm giving this article about as much credance as I gave their one about our fans.

Best ignored.

This will be a big Taig conspiracy no doubt.

As we all know The Record prints a lot of nonsence, don't believe a word of it

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by midfield_maestro View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As far as I can remember, the extra police didn't appear until well after the horses came on.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/a-slight-stramash/

According to the Wings over Scotland timeline there was a full line of police across the pitch 7 minutes after the full time whistles.

These officers must have been in the stadium at full time and should have been trackside before full time.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Got a text at FT on Saturday saying that the Hibs end was swarming with Rangers fans and that I shouldn't leave early (don't know why I'd want to do that )
    My mum actually sent me a text to make sure I was alright, I'm 38 lol. According to her we had all been locked in for our own safety. I text her back saying don't be daft, we're all still here cause we're celebrating and lifting the cup . Maybes we were all locked in after all and just didn't know about it

Surely some mistake, poor little rangers fans were the victims in all this we were told, they would never be involved in such thing! Must be the big bad chelsea boys up again that are to blame ;)

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    That whole statement does not add up.

Assuming no Rangers fans left before the final whistle, how were they away down the street causing a hold-up by the time the extra police were called ?

The police were able to form a line to separate fans within 5 minutes of of final whistle. These officers must have been in/at the stadium and should have been trackside at the final whistle.

It was a cock-up at the end of the game ,but the police did a good job once they got organised and didn't use excess force as far as I could see.
    All quite strange. Agree with your last paragraph. Everyone getting their side of the story in pre-enquiry.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

I'm sure we will have all the Rangers fans who weren't even there telling us all these are lies whilst still telling us all who were there what we did.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This will be a big Taig conspiracy no doubt.
    Either that, or the police subjected innocent The Rangers fans to 'extreme provocation' and they had no option but to radge them up.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar

Cool

Hibs fans did it as well

parade.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    http://wingsoverscotland.com/a-slight-stramash/

According to the Wings over Scotland timeline there was a full line of police across the pitch 7 minutes after the full time whistles.

These officers must have been in the stadium at full time and should have been trackside before full time.
    Agree
    Posted in another thread about this. I'm convinced there's been either a breakdown in police communication at top level or the senior officer has assumed extra time was a certainty.
    Either way, a major cock up, which I hope is highlighted.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    Hibs fans did it as well

parade.jpg

The Hibs are having a parade...

Bring out the riot vans!

What I don't understand is that after each one of the first three goals the police came out behind the goal at the relevant end. This did not happen with the equaliser or the winner for some reason. If it had been then the police would have been in position for full time.

I think they thought Sevco were going to hold on and that the police were positioned outside to facilitate the dispersal of our fans.