hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The unassaulted

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

The unassaulted

List here those of the the rangers eleven who we can quote as saying they weren't assaulted or there's corroborated evidence they weren't.

The the rangers mouthpiece says every player.

Dean Shiels. Family say he wasn't.

Kenny Miller. Wife says he wasn't.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    List here those of the the rangers eleven who we can quote as saying they weren't assaulted or there's corroborated evidence they weren't.

Andy Halliday. Dylan McGeouch says he wasn't, stood by him in the centre of the pitch.

Coaching Staff

Andy Halliday - Dylan says he was with him.

Lee Wallace - pictured walking off the pitch unscathed with no obvious injuries or distress (other than being a Scottish Cup loser)

A couple of other players that I don't know - pictured unscathed behind Stubbs in the entrance to the tunnel as Stubbs gave his post match interview facing the pitch.

Oh dear is the huns myths starting to unravel already. Must try harder next time eh boys!

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    From Lee Wallace's mother - Supplied from a close friend of his mother's
    "He's fine, just shaken up, It's more me and his wife that are fuming."
    Hibernian Football Club

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    The only ones I have seen is the guy having a pop at Wallace and their keeper getting pushed, those guys will be dealt with by the police but it isn't anywhere near as bad as some are trying to say.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Danny Wilson wasn't. Seen walking off the pitch. Same with Barrie Mckay. In fact the only one i've actually seen physically touched was Wes Foderingham when a Hibs fan gave him a wee nudge.

The media have been playing up to the huns ever since they released their first statement trying to detract from the fact that we'd won the cup. It won't ****ing happen. 114 years is no more. Get it right up them.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBean View Post
    The only reason he was shaken is that he was part of the team that lost the cup as Hibs won for the first time in 114 years.

So they finished with twenty one players if their meejah mouthpiece is right. Still couldn't win. Keep them coming

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Danny Wilson wasn't. Seen walking off the pitch. Same with Barrie Mckay. In fact the only one i've actually seen physically touched was Wes Foderingham when a Hibs fan gave him a wee nudge.

The media have been playing up to the huns ever since they released their first statement trying to detract from the fact that we'd won the cup. It won't ****ing happen. 114 years is no more. Get it right up them.

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    I suspect any players coming out with 'I wasn't touched' (or by their family / friends) - are in fact handing in their transfer requests.

Coaching Staff
    So they finished with twenty one players if their meejah mouthpiece is right. Still couldn't win. Keep them coming
    They didn't even have a full bench!

Quote Originally Posted by Newry Hibs View Post
    I suspect any players coming out with 'I wasn't touched' (or by their family / friends) - are in fact handing in their transfer requests.
    Or having their transfer requests handed in for them by the Propagandist in Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by PapillonVert View Post
    Or having their transfer requests handed in for them by the Propagandist in Chief.
    Hmmm. Where this is heading might be that someone somewhere is lying about the the rangers players.

Who is saying they are injured when they aren't? Pouring fuel on a fire seemingly without any responsibility for the outcome.

Sir Matt Busby

Coaching Staff
    Hmmm. Where this is heading might be that someone somewhere is lying about the the rangers players.

Who is saying they are injured when they aren't? Pouring fuel on a fire seemingly without any responsibility for the outcome.
    It's becoming more and more like a massive case of sour grapes. They've been bigging themselves up for weeks about how they were going to win the cup, be back in Europe, buying fantastic new players, challenging for the title next season that the defeat on Saturday became too much for them to handle. They had to try to rationalize away the loss by going into full-on denial about the unfairness of it all and how badly done by they were.

I wonder if they already had a massive invoice from Mike Ashley for all the cup winning memorabilia that they ordered!

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    In fact the only one i've actually seen physically touched was Wes Foderingham when a Hibs fan gave him a wee nudge.
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    The only reason he was shaken is that he was part of the team that lost the cup as Hibs won for the first time in 114 years.
    Nah. Wallace was pushed fairly forcefully, and briefly squared up to the guy who did it. He had every right to feel intimidated at that point, and did well to quickly recover his composure and stroll nonchalantly off the pitch. If you've played for the the huns as long as he has you're no doubt well aware of what alcohol-fuelled fitba fans are capable of.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Nah. Wallace was pushed fairly forcefully, and briefly squared up to the guy who did it. He had every right to feel intimidated at that point, and did well to quickly recover his composure and stroll nonchalantly off the pitch. If you've played for the the huns as long as he has you're no doubt well aware of what alcohol-fuelled fitba fans are capable of.
    OK, point taken. but that still doesn't square with the allegations of a black eye and severe bruising all over his body.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Newry Hibs View Post

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36366773
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

That's the footage I saw and Lee Wallace comes out of it well. The Rangers players aren't the problem here at all. Some of them must feel that their own club is using them as pawns in this propaganda game they are playing.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBean View Post
    Even if Lee Wallace wasn't struck, threatening an opposition player in that manner is cowardly and bang out of order.

Whatever happened to him and Foderingham, it's indefensible.

I have absolutely no problem with the neds involved getting punished.

The lies and the smears from The Rangers and their pals need to be exposed though.

I agree. By posting here we will know who to actually focus on and hopefully get to identifying those wearing our colours that actually were assaulting players and dealing with them.

Nowt wrong with us doing a bit of investigation for any lazy journalists looking in.

Sir Matt Busby

Please lets not try to excuse what happened to Wallace and the other player next to him (think it was Holt?). Someone swung a punch at both of them and it is inexcusable. If we are trying to defend or make light of that then it doesn't give much credibility to our other arguments.

What happened to Foderingham should also not have happened, however, and I have not paid any attention to the pitch invasions down south either this year or in previous play offs, but would they not include lots of other instances like this? I would imagine that a small push in the back accompanied by a "get it round ye" type comment would be quite typical in these instances. Not excusing it but am asking a genuine question, if we are going to accept that pitch invasions happen, as media outlets such as Sky seem to have in England, then would we not expect this?

So as far as instances involving Rangers players/staff are concerned, do we not only have one that would merit the coverage it is receiving? One ******** Hibs fan and thats it?

Left by mutual consent!

Not a The Rangers player,but Keatings was...by a The Rangers official.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsmad View Post
    Please lets not try to excuse what happened to Wallace and the other player next to him (think it was Holt?). Someone swung a punch at both of them and it is inexcusable. If we are trying to defend or make light of that then it doesn't give much credibility to our other arguments.

What happened to Foderingham should also not have happened, however, and I have not paid any attention to the pitch invasions down south either this year or in previous play offs, but would they not include lots of other instances like this? I would imagine that a small push in the back accompanied by a "get it round ye" type comment would be quite typical in these instances. Not excusing it but am asking a genuine question, if we are going to accept that pitch invasions happen, as media outlets such as Sky seem to have in England, then would we not expect this?

So as far as instances involving Rangers players/staff are concerned, do we not only have one that would merit the coverage it is receiving? One ******** Hibs fan and thats it?
    Agree every word. Let's do the investigative journalism and see who comes out as not assaulted. That leaves all the victims and offenders to identify.
    Hopefully Hibernian will verify if Keatings was assaulted in any fashion and by whom and make sure that gets exposed to the same extent if true.

Sir Matt Busby

I would hope that the Independent Investigation being set up, to have as part of it's remit to obtain witness statements from all players from both sides, and match officials in order to ascertain the level of violence (actual & attempted assaults, spitting, verbal threats, etc.) that took place.

I heard Kenny Shiels being interviewed on Sportscene and he stated that some eejit did have a swing at Dean and missed. He also made a point of sympathising with the vast majority of Hibees who kept off the pitch and were denied the pleasure of sharing the post match on-field celebrations by their team because the selfish actions of the pitch invaders.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Me neither but I'm not sure any punishments will be restricted to the law of the land.

Looking at the Rangers fan websites they are naming hibs fans who are in the photos and giving out details of where they are from. In some instances they are encouraging intimidation and even violence. This is fans who are innocent until proven guilty and in some cases they clearly do nothing or aren't even involved at all.

I hope the police are made aware and are watching closely as I don't trust these people not to exact some sort of revenge. The club they support released a statement commending and excusing the Rangers fans who were violent so I wouldn't put it past any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    Not a The Rangers player,but Keatings was...by a The Rangers official.
    Was just going to say that. Still waiting for a The Rangers official apology on that one.

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Even if Lee Wallace wasn't struck, threatening an opposition player in that manner is cowardly and bang out of order.

Whatever happened to him and Foderingham, it's indefensible.

The lies and the smears from The Rangers and their pals need to be exposed though.
    Absolutely, i was just passing on the info.
    The actions of the thugs who have acted in this way are in no way acceptable and i fully expect the appropriate actions will be taken against those responsible.
    Hibernian Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    It's becoming more and more like a massive case of sour grapes. They've been bigging themselves up for weeks about how they were going to win the cup, be back in Europe, buying fantastic new players, challenging for the title next season that the defeat on Saturday became too much for them to handle. They had to try to rationalize away the loss by going into full-on denial about the unfairness of it all and how badly done by they were.

I wonder if they already had a massive invoice from Mike Ashley for all the cup winning memorabilia that they ordered!

Couldn't agree more. They probably thought that all they had to do was turn up, Stokes' opener rattled them a bit, then they equalise and took the lead, and thought that'll do us. But what they hadn't bargained for was the fact that Hibs pretty much controlled the game and fought back against .it has to be said a pretty **** defence. Bitter bitter losers !!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by positive pete View Post
    Me neither but I'm not sure any punishments will be restricted to the law of the land.

Looking at the Rangers fan websites they are naming hibs fans who are in the photos and giving out details of where they are from. In some instances they are encouraging intimidation and even violence. This is fans who are innocent until proven guilty and in some cases they clearly do nothing or aren't even involved at all.

I hope the police are made aware and are watching closely as I don't trust these people not to exact some sort of revenge. The club they support released a statement commending and excusing the Rangers fans who were violent so I wouldn't put it past any of them.
    But all this is officially condoned by their club. Remember their press statement - fans protecting players "as every club's fans would". Vigilante violence is being legitimized by The Rangers yet this hasn't been commented on by the meeja.

That statement on Sunday was disgraceful in its advocating anarchy and lawlessness as a legitimate response to some goading at a football match. It also named specific people including Rod Petrie and a journalist with the implication that they were legitimate targets for violence. I would expect the SFA to take action but won't hold my breath.

I hope the "Independent" Commission considers the statements released by both clubs in the wake of Saturday's game.