hibs.net Messageboard

Threaded View

My son who is coming up for 6 bleeds green and white, and he knows formations etc already. I wouldn't say he got what it means to us Hibs fans to win the Scottish cup but he did know it had been 114 years.

When Ross County scored I looked at him and he had a tear running down his face. I felt horrible seeing that but being a Hibs fan I thought he will see more than his fare share of heartache. After the league cup final I posted a pic on my Facebook of us and I just said one day son we'll stand together at Hampden and see Hibs lift a cup. I was surprised to receive a PM from Marvin Bartley and all it said was "tell the wee man, we'll have him smiling come may."

I thanked him for the message and deep down I never thought I'd be heading to another Scottish cup final. But when we went to pens my son cuddled into me and couldn't watch the last pen. The roar meant he knew exactly how it went and his face was such a picture.

So then it was Scottish cup final day, all the talking we had done about how the game would go stopped. Instead it was very quiet in our car more nerves than anything. The evening news got our pic and Mason was on the BBC 1 national news as well. I thought please don't lose this not now, let us see us win it. We got in took our seat and it was just a see if green and white.

The first goal I thought was a feeling I'd never feel again, then boom 2-2 and we're right in this again. Mason said dad we are going to win this. My heart sank as I knew if we had lost he'd be a state and so would I being honest.

But up steps captain marvel Sir David Gray, and BANG.... The roof of Hampden was just about blown clean off, the noise was incredible I've grabbed my boy I feel to my knees and couldn't contain myself. All I could hear is him screaming in my ear YEEEESSSSSSS DADDY, YEEEEEEESSSS!

After that I couldn't breath, the air seemed to vanish inside the ground and I had to sit down to take this in. It Hibs after all, this could still go to E.T! Then the full time whistle and the hurt from any other final was gone, we'd done it.. We have won the Scottish Cup. I turned to Mason and there he was crying again, this time tears of joy!

I'm 38 years old, and I'll never feel like I did at those moments when we scored the third and when that whistle went. An incredible thing to see and one that gave me such a close bond to my son.

Thank you Hibernian, all the heartache we suffered made this so much more special.

We love you. 💚🇳🇬🏆
    Last edited by Thecat23; 12-06-2016 at 06:41 PM.