Quote Originally Posted by Isaac_Refvik View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
Our bus stopped off at a bowling club for a light refreshment before the game. I'd had a bet on the previous night so checked my phone to see if it had won. It had and the new amount in my account was £333.33. My late mother, a lifelong Hibs fan from Redbraes was born on the 3rd of March 1933, not quite the same as £333.33 but close enough. Now I know everyone looks for their own sign that this was going to be Hibs' year but this HAD to be the ultimate one. I showed my wife, brother and rest of the family and have to say I had to go outside as I got a bit emotional. I managed to get my act together helped by a few medicinal vodkas and we made our way to the game. As we walked up the stairs I thought I'd just go for a pee before the game started. Walked out from the loo to the back row where our seats were just in time to see a ball at the far end roll into the net! The crowd erupted and after a couple of seconds it dawned on me what had happened and I was off again. I sat outside the back of the stand for the next 5 minutes trying to take it in. I hadn't even seen any of my friends or family. When I got back in to my seat, and even when we went behind, there was a different feeling to previous Finals. There was a belief in the supporters. When Stokes scored the equaliser, for the next 10 minutes my wife repeated over and over 3 3 33!....3 3 33!....3 3 33! The people around her must have thought she was mental, but we knew what she was doing. After Sir David's winner she doubled her efforts until the whistle blew signalling a famous victory. We cried then, and there's a tear in my eye even now.
Crying myself. Prone to such behaviour myself. Life as a Hibs fans does the strangest things to you.