hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just had a wee nosey on the Daily Record website and read a few of Keith Jacksons articles. That man is pure poison.
    Nah. Snivelling toady.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    100% agree

Keith Jackson truly writes some awful crap.

I can't stand the guy!

Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    Just had a wee nosey on the Daily Record website and read a few of Keith Jacksons articles. That man is pure poison. He obviously hates Hibs with a vengeance.

Phutt him. He's just a blue-nose no-mark.

WE WON THE CUP --Get over it.

Yes a few thousand over exuberant Hibs fans went onto the pitch - big deal, they were not doing it to fight with the orks, as for players getting attacked - oh really, I have watched all the tv coverage since event, the numerous videos posted on - line and still have to see it. In fact, there is a tabloid headline stating Kenny Miller valiantly fights of a Hibs thug who was attacking him - they print a photograph, - clearly shows the Hibby with an outstretched hand, OPEN HAND, trying to shake Millers hand - Miller has his left hand raised as if waving the fan away. No way was this an assault.
    As for the Daily Ranger - wouldn't even read it if it was for free. Haven't for years anyway. Rangers fanzine along with the Sunday Mason.

Never purchased a single copy and never will. Poisonous rag.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I boycotted the Record years ago because it's crap.
    This

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar

Record

Sorry guys but I bought it today, theres a foto of me, my wife . my daughter and son in law and one of my grandsons, is that a reasonable excuse if I promise not to do it again ?

I dont read the sun or the ******, stopped over 20 yrs ago, mince lies more mince and lies stop buying them and donat thesaved cash to our hefty fine, insert smiley

If you have ever bought that greeting faced weegie rag you have rocks in your head

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    If there was ever any doubt that it was a hun loving paper then that doubt has gone. They are seething and I'm loving it!
    Agreed.

I am furious at the smear campaign and determined to right some wrongs - but oh my they are hurting.

@hibs.net private member
    I will never buy or click on a URL from their site ever again. Disgusting.

Durham on talk radio is a click bait shock jock. An absolute Arse best avoided.

I admit to buying it but that stopped full stop today, never again will I buy that filthy hun loving rag.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    the record was banned in my house months ago

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker2 View Post
    It's a dirty, filthy rag that promotes sectarianism to sell news. Full of lies and the worst journalism you'll ever see.
    No need,never bought or read it for a long time. It's a rag an not just the sport.

I've boycotted it since the day I was born. Clearly I haven't missed anything.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeTechnoHibby View Post
    I woke up at 5am yesterday and thought about buying the papers... but thought otherwise and decided to wait for todays Evening News, local coverage

Also bought a Scotsman, nowt much said except the usual "not to be condoned....."

No over-reaction from them
    Did likewise yesterday, unfortunately can't get an Evening News here in Blackford. Had to settle for a Courier and Scotsman. Brother going to Edinburgh on Wednesday so with luck I'll get the special.

Is it possible to boycott something you already don't read?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    I admit to buying it but that stopped full stop today, never again will I buy that filthy hun loving rag.
    i live in London, I get the DR every day to keep up with my Hibs/Scotland fix. No more, they can stick it. I'll also be writing to them telling them of my decision. I would encourage everyone to do the same. I'll also be asking them why they've essentially printed an article written by a Sevco PR man, Fat Traynor, as if it was a genuine news item. Goebbels would have been embarrassed to put his name to that article. Shameful!

I'm re-boycotting it (after not touching it for years) just to make a point. Think the victory and ensuing heights of happiness have stemmed the flow of steam that wd normally be whistling out my ears - just smile and wave

Are we talking about the same "Airdrie Fan" Jim Traynor that used to be on the radio?

i lived in Australia in the 80's, back in the medieval times before the internet was invented you youngsters, and I used to get my mother to send the back pages of the record just to try and keep up with what was happening back home.
    I soon got sick of reading about Ally McCoists latest prank and Ian Durrants latest hairstyle.

The Record's coverage is without a doubt the most biased and made up coverage of what at times has initially seemed like a witch hunt by much of the media. It makes little reference to the huns coming onto the pitch and certainly doesn't question their purpose in doing so. No mention that the arse who punched the police horse is a hun. And no mention of the much more sinister snatching of the Hibs kid by the hun. Anyone who hasn't seen the pictures might just assume its Hibs fans that are the perpetrators such is the slant of the article. Why hasn't the hun child snatcher been named in the same way the rag has hounded Hibs fans who were on the pitch.

Don't buy the rag, don't contribute to advertising income on the website and challenge the inaccuracies of the hun leaning journos on their twitter.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post
    Sorry guys but I bought it today, theres a foto of me, my wife . my daughter and son in law and one of my grandsons, is that a reasonable excuse if I promise not to do it again ?

Careful. They'll use that image to make your entire family out to be hooligans out to kill. There's absolutely nothing they won't try.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker2 View Post
    It's a dirty, filthy rag that promotes sectarianism to sell news. Full of lies and the worst journalism you'll ever see.
    I've boycotted it all my life.

They aren't interested in the Hibs pound, just the Sevconian one.

Left by mutual consent!
    I still can't believe people "buy" the record...... it's really quite incredible.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    I still can't believe people "buy" the record...... it's really quite incredible.
    Mate can i use your avatar for my signature?
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Joke of a paper. Along with The Daily Mail and of course The Sun it's one I will not even pick up a free copy of any time I fly and they're on offer. The Record has been on a downward slope for 25 years. Just an unashamed Hun mouthpiece now. Their readership must be very low as few of that mob can read.

The last time I picked it up was in a cubicle in Milne's Bar on a stag party about 13 years ago. Without checking first I soon panicked when I discovered there was no toilet roll. Thankfully a copy of the Record had been left on the cistern lid. About all its good for.
    Last edited by Baader; 23-05-2016 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post

was it your 5 yr old grandson that heid butted their goalie? then parted the plums of the rangers chairman? aparantly a crowd of hibs baby toi casuals ran amok after the whistle.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    That, The Sun and BBC Sportsound.

For their blatant lies which are beyond belief I would be banning the Record from ER and the Sun to boot.

Disgusting the way they have portrayed what happened.

Yes the minority were total A holes and will be caught and punished accordingly.

I am now of the opinion that I don't want Hibs to make any further statement until things are investigated and what exactly the alleged injuries that required hospital treatment!
    100%