hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Another day at work and another day of the Record getting chucked in the bin

2. Log in to remove the advert

Best way to deal with the ****** paper is simply take a glance at it in the shop without buying it then put another paper in front of the stock of ****** papers. That way they pay for printing but get reduced sales as people look elsewhere. Small gesture I know but I've done it for years and I'll never buy a copy of that rag or view it online.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My 80 year old Mum has been buying it for years and I can't get her to stop buying this vile rag. Every time I go through she can't help reading articles from it to me no matter how much I plead with her to stop.

I was through yesterday and there it is lying in all it's glory face up with it's contemptuous headline, it was all I could do not to rip it up in her face ha ha. She said she doesn't read that sort of crap and just ignores it but this paper has cleary informed her opinion(on many topics)over the years and there will be many like her.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best way to deal with the ****** paper is simply take a glance at it in the shop without buying it then put another paper in front of the stock of ****** papers. That way they pay for printing but get reduced sales as people look elsewhere. Small gesture I know but I've done it for years and I'll never buy a copy of that rag or view it online.
    I like that. Think I'll start doing the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My 80 year old Mum has been buying it for years and I can't get her to stop buying this vile rag. Every time I go through she can't help reading articles from it to me no matter how much I plead with her to stop.

I was through yesterday and there it is lying in all it's glory face up with it's contemptuous headline, it was all I could do not to rip it up in her face ha ha. She said she doesn't read that sort of crap and just ignores it but this paper has cleary informed her opinion(on many topics)over the years and there will be many like her.
    Spike, my mum is exactly the same. I will just tell her all about me, you, Mellisa and Marcus all cuddling and screaming at the end of the game, show her the pictures and explain the real stories. It won't help as the brainwashing started very early after the game. **** the DR, BBC,and any ex hun who keeps on talking she ite about the 99.9% of us who had the day of our lives on Saturday