hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Agree. Excellent idea. I mentioned in an email to Leeann. Lewis deserves a testimonial and I love the Proclaimers concept.

Could it be for Dnipro appeal or a charity of Lewis' choice?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Colognehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree. Excellent idea. I mentioned in an email to Leeann. Lewis deserves a testimonial and I love the Proclaimers concept.

Give it all to Lewis, he deserves every bit for having to put up with Hibs fans for 11 years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colognehibee View Post

Lewis deserves to keep every penny and must NOT be pressured into giving any of it away to any charity, unless it is of his own volition and to a charity close to his own heart. The wee guy deserves to keep every penny in my eyes for his service and loyalty to the club.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gail View Post
    Lewis deserves to keep every penny and must NOT be pressured into giving any of it away to any charity, unless it is of his own volition and to a charity close to his own heart. The wee guy deserves to keep every penny in my eyes for his service and loyalty to the club.
    Hear hear !

Quote Originally Posted by hibeesathampden View Post
    Given that he's the only Hibs player to have won both the league and Scottish cup, surely for his testimonial we could get a 07 vs 16 cup winners game? Would be class
    Thats actually a brilliant idea

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine&Caviar View Post
    McNeil, Whittaker, Brown, Benji? Fletcher, Buezlin, Zemamma, and McCann the only ones still playing football from 07?

Murphy retired - injury
    Jones retired - age
    Martis retured - age
    Hogg retired - injury
    Buezlin retired - age
    Sproule retired - age
    Im sure Ivan would come back

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Great idea.

But what do the fans do after the final whistle - invade the pitch or break into the South Stand?

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    What a sensational idea!

Just please don't make it this July, I'm away all month!

McNeil, Whittaker, Hogg, Jones, Murphy, boozy, brown, sproule, zemama, benji and Fletcher

Vs

Logan, Gray, hanlon, Fontaine, McGregor, Stevenson , Mcginn, Mcgeogh,Fyvie, stokes and Cummings.

Get the likes of Riordan, Ian Murray, and Griffiths back in too for run outs and it would be a great day!
    Last edited by danhibees1875; 25-05-2016 at 07:58 PM.

Lewis Stevenson testimonial

Pre season match to honour a magnificent servant and bring the Scottish cup out at ER??

Make it happen Hibs!!

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Pre season match to honour a magnificent servant and bring the Scottish cup out at ER??

Make it happen Hibs!!
    Great idea, would be a great way to get the season going. Who to invite? Everton? Leicester? Rangers?

I'm getting aroused at the thought of this! Now any other suggestion just seems pointless! Please hibs make this happen👏.

I've always wondered why nobody has ever put a bid in for him. ...most of our players have been linked with some team over the years but in his entire hibs career I can't remember a single club

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    I've always wondered why nobody has ever put a bid in for him. ...most of our players have been linked with some team over the years but in his entire hibs career I can't remember a single club
    Motherwell were interested at some point but were told to bolt
    This is how it feels

Absolutely 100 percent with you on that and I really hope talk of charity is kept to a minimum. Easy for Premiership players on 100k a week to make that gesture but this is simply a chance to give a committed club servant a little bit of financial security and nothing else. Testimonials tend to be poorly attended in this day and age but hopefully Lewis would pull a decent crowd and now is as good a time as any. He is now a club legend and our only ever player to win both cups at Hibs.

First Team Breakthrough DeLaGaff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    All proceeds go towards the fine for invading the pitch at Hampden?
    ...and Wallace's hospital fees! Is he out the ICU or still in a coma? Might need a few extra donations to kit out his house to help him with "life after the event" - stair lifts, handrails round the bath etc

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Absolutely 100 percent with you on that and I really hope talk of charity is kept to a minimum. Easy for Premiership players on 100k a week to make that gesture but this is simply a chance to give a committed club servant a little bit of financial security and nothing else. Testimonials tend to be poorly attended in this day and age but hopefully Lewis would pull a decent crowd and now is as good a time as any. He is now a club legend and our only ever player to win both cups at Hibs.
    For a player of his Hibstorical importance and time served to not have been in receipt of a testimonial would be a travesty of justice.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    For a player of his Hibstorical importance and time served to not have been in receipt of a testimonial would be a travesty of justice.
    Not only do I agree but "hibstorical importance" is my new favourite phrase, I hope you don't mind that I will be using that a lot with people from now on : )

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OtleyHibs View Post
    Not only do I agree but "hibstorical importance" is my new favourite phrase, I hope you don't mind that I will be using that a lot with people from now on : )
    Feel free. I've been using it for a while myself. Donno if I can lay claim to the word but think it's befitting of our magical club.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Could we not ask Leicester. 2 history making teams, home and away ties?
    That is a great idea. They'll prob be in high demand for charity matches and testimonials now, but defo worth trying.

Left by mutual consent!
    Great news guys, it has been confirmed Lewis has an official testimonial committee, details to be released soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeesathampden View Post
    Given that he's the only Hibs player to have won both the league and Scottish cup, surely for his testimonial we could get a 07 vs 16 cup winners game? Would be class

That would actually be class.

Left by mutual consent!

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Great news guys, it has been confirmed Lewis has an official testimonial committee, details to be released soon.

Superb news

Left by mutual consent!
    Hi, I'm sorry I don't. Leeann replied to my email and she only told me he had a testimonial committee and details would be released in due course.

Why not send her an email, she is very good at responding. Good luck and tell Lewis from me he deserves everything he has coming

LDempster@hibernianfc.co.uk

This is in reply to a private message I received, it says you don't accept private messages, it's also a good excuse to give this a wee bump