hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any of you lot work with huns?

I walked into the canteen at my work a wee while ago and the seethe was palpable with the congragated huns. "Hooligans" was shouted at me a few times.

The threats weren't far behind..."the guys who attacked the Rangers players are dead men"

Loving it.
    Last edited by SkintHibby; 23-05-2016 at 07:09 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Yes, one of them is on holiday now until a week on Wednesday - it was a win-win situation for me. He'll be getting it tight on his return.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I work in a place full of them and looking forward to my first shift back.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The threats weren't far behind..."the guys who attacked the Rangers players are dead men"

Loving it.
    And Rangers are a dead club :)

First Team Breakthrough kevo1875's Avatar
    If I'm honest the first txt I got after the whistle was from one of them sayin well done better team won

Testimonial Due
    To be fair the Huns at my work have been ok today, felt Hibs deserved to win and not overly interested in the ***** their club is spouting.

Enjoying wearing my Hibs tie at work today mind 😎💚

Don't work with any huns.

Have 1 friend who is a hun, he text me to say we deserved it and has been quiet since, fair play.

Another acquaintance is a hun. He's been removed from my Facebook as his hypocrisy is astounding.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    I have had to remove 3 pretty decent pals from my Facebook.
    I could handle a little bit of seethe but they have gone far too far. Cannot believe their reaction.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Yes I was the first person a big Hun - saw when he came in.

About the game said the better team won but the aftermath is what they are concentrating on. They are buying what Traynor(?), Jackson et al are selling - 11 players kicked spat or punched. But what about Kenny Millers wife?

"So you're saying to me that Rangers would lie in an official statement?!". 'Yes' was my concise response.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I work with a Dunfermline fan who said that everything about the result was perfect. It's nice not working with any jambos or the rangers fans.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    I have had to remove 3 pretty decent pals from my Facebook.
    I could handle a little bit of seethe but they have gone far too far. Cannot believe their reaction.
    I had preemptively blocked 5 jambos, they have all been very kind with their words towards us so were swiftly unblocked. Ended up having to block a rangers fan who I always had decent chats with until yesterday, wants Hibs basically shut down and isn't willing to concede they sung any sectarian songs, so I just gave up.

Living in the west I know plenty. Work colleagues, family and friends, the lot. Ive followed hibs for over 25 years and in all that time none of them have ever bothered or batted an eye. If anything it was a novelty for them to know a hibs fan and things were always done in good humour. For some reason that has all changed this year, even before Saturday. 90% of them have become asp holes with all sorts of crap stemming from them and I've ended up falling out with a few. Since Saturday I've had to cut out contact with a some of them, even a couple of close family members as it's nothing short of embarrassing and I don't want to say/do something we'll all regret.

That said, we have some proper asps within our support. Not for the first time was I pulled up and accused of being a hun on Saturday because I'm a weegie. Got pretty aggressive and in my face so felt pretty intimidated, thanks to the proper hibees who stepped in and put the guys right Put a dampener on my day though.

There are about 800 of them where I work.
    2 hibbies, myself included.

Luckily for them we're all on a long weekend....

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Living in the west I know plenty. Work colleagues, family and friends, the lot. Ive followed hibs for over 25 years and in all that time none of them have ever bothered or batted an eye. If anything it was a novelty for them to know a hibs fan and things were always done in good humour. For some reason that has all changed this year, even before Saturday. 90% of them have become asp holes with all sorts of crap stemming from them and I've ended up falling out with a few. Since Saturday I've had to cut out contact with a some of them, even a couple of close family members as it's nothing short of embarrassing and I don't want to say/do something we'll all regret.

That said, we have some proper asps within our support. Not for the first time was I pulled up and accused of being a hun on Saturday because I'm a weegie. Got pretty aggressive and in my face so felt pretty intimidated, thanks to the proper hibees who stepped in and put the guys right Put a dampener on my day though.
    The Scott Allan saga was the beginning of the end for me and my one rangers mate, he couldn't believe how hibs conducted that and has hated us ever since. Saturday pushed him right over the edge.

I work in Glasgow.

I will be going I this afternoon wearing a Hibs top.

Most there appear to be Celtic fans but I will see what happens.

Being ex-forces I have lots of Rangers and Hearts mates (even my dads a Jambo). To a man they have all texted or contacted me through Facebook. All basically saying fair result and enjoy the celebrations. My Hearts mate said 'we've (hearts fans) had a good run about Hibs lack of SC glory, but fair play you (hibs fans) deserve this day more than any other club', to me that was just pure class.

We as fans have to acknowledge that in every club their are idiots (we have a few) and other clubs have there fair share (some more than others). But there will be a large majority of Gers fans will not buy into what is being said, they know they have a history that isn't squeky clean. What has been excellent in the past s the professionalism Hibs as a club always shows. I have no doubt that Leanne and Rod will minimise the punishment coming
    our way. The class thing to do, is let Rangers try and take a moral high ground, every other football fan in Scotland knows what they are trying to do. As for the Glasgow media, they are simply trying to be as controversial as they can to SELL papers.

It's like a game of hide and seek, not seen any of them yet. Wonder why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Not for the first time was I pulled up and accused of being a hun on Saturday
    I got accused of that by some wee fuds jumping about outside The Harp & Castle on Sat night banging on the bus windows.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    I work in Glasgow.

I will be going I this afternoon wearing a Hibs top.

Most there appear to be Celtic fans but I will see what happens.
    You might get a surprise about the ones who have never mentioned football.

Have been told by my Hun colleagues that Miller was on the ground and was kicked and punched by Hibs fans and that Wallace has a black eye and scratches on his side.

None could show any evidence, there is going to be a lot of lies thrown at us that is for sure.

Just the one at my work. He's a young lad, didn't want to sit in and be miserable yesterday
    So he manned up and joined a group of his hibee colleagues and went along to the parade with them.

I joined them for part of the day and he was in good form, pleased for his pals and gutted at the same time. Not so gutted he didn't get on the beers and take in what it meant to everyone down there. Took all the stick he got with a smile.

Respect

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    I walked into the canteen at my work a wee while ago and the seethe was palpable with the congragated huns. "Hooligans" was shouted at me a few times.

Loving it.
    They'd be like that even had they won. To be permanently raging is a pre requisite for being a hun

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Saw a couple of policemen I know who are big ger fans at the links yesterday. Had a good laugh wi them, they took it well tbh then they took my can of beer off me so I opened another.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

My boss is a Hun.

#awkward

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SWYD1875
    Don't know if there's any Huns at my work. The one's at my dad's work though have been poisonous. I literally had to hijack my old man's Facebook as he's friends with quite a few and they were just pumping out ****.

One was banging on about Kenny Miller being attacked. Responded with a screencap of Laura Miller's tweet and they've yet to respond

@hibs.net private member hibby19's Avatar
    Most of the folk in my work are Huns and tbf they shook my hand and said well done and asked me if I enjoyed my weekend etc. Can't complain about that like
    ".....Hearts midfielder Laryea Kingston insists he can fulfil all his dreams at Tynecastle - by winning the SPL and a European trophy.
    The Ghanaian is certain the Jambos will soon become a major power at home and abroad"

Used to work with a rankers can. Straight after the final whistle he got in touch an congratulated us as a club and me for being a long suffering can. He wasn't too bothered about the aftermath of has to be said.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    "Trust Hibs to spoil it. Celtic wannabees".

Needless to say the guy is a complete welt.

First Team Breakthrough
    Walked into the plumbing merchants this morning and was met with, "Oh here comes the hooligan!" from the cream buns who work in there. You just have to shake your head.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I got accused of that by some wee fuds jumping about outside The Harp & Castle on Sat night banging on the bus windows.
    This wasn't wee guys though, was proper grown asp men probably in their 40s. They were big guys anaw which didn't really help. Wasn't gonna post about it but been playing on my mind all weekend as not the first time it's happened. Put a right dampener on my day if I'm honest.