hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know, I was there. And I didn't have a perfect view of everything either. Can't believe the whole Hibs team didn't get off the bus and come and seek me out personally to shake my hand and thank me for coming. Petrie really needs to hang his head in shame over this one.

Don't know if you're being smart or agreeing, I was fine with the view but I could see there were a lot of people behind the coaches who didn't see them on the bus and they were ushered off very quickly.

One brilliant bit was seeing Doolan coming off the bus and letting someone kiss the cup and him hugging a good few supporters, this guy really gets us.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublin07 View Post
    The malonga conga was truly awesome
    Was apart of that
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    It was a brilliant family atmosphere, aye there were folk drinking but I didn't see any untoward behaviour. I had my boys with me, aged 1 and 5, and folk around us were great, taking care to make space for the buggy and a couple of women had the youngest on their shoulders. I said to my wife afterwards that it was the safest I've ever felt in a crowd, it was a brilliant occasion.

Great day, great atmosohere, great sense of occasion.

Police, or those instructing the Police, ruined the same things at night.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatgabbo View Post
    Youve managed to post a negative comment about the club on a thread about an open top bus parade to celebrate hibs winning the scottish cup. Incredible.
    Theres comments on fb too which considering the numbers of folk who turned out they did a good job. Some folk cannae just enjoy the moment!!

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    It was a brilliant family atmosphere, aye there were folk drinking but I didn't see any untoward behaviour. I had my boys with me, aged 1 and 5, and folk around us were great, taking care to make space for the buggy and a couple of women had the youngest on their shoulders. I said to my wife afterwards that it was the safest I've ever felt in a crowd, it was a brilliant occasion.
    Yep, sounds like something happened that isn't exactly in line with expectations so someone has to be to blame.

The first cop I seen told us that the bus was stopping there when we asked him. My mate who was carrying his daughter joked that it was okay as it was a double decker we should be able to see it.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

My only problem with the links party was that the gates were chained causing a bit of a crush. ..and wee fannies pissing against trees in full view of women and young children

Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    I actually thought it was pretty poor.

Loads of overly bevvied folk in amongst young families. Sound "system" was useless and could only be heard if you were within 20m or so of the bus.

Should have been a carnival atmosphere but I left feeling a bit let down.

The streets before Leith Links were fine. The gathering at the Links was not.

Oh and a wee thing for me. I HATE seeing sporting "role models" for young kids bevvying publicly. Cummings singing and dancing half pissed with a can of lager whilst young children watch just shouldn't be happening imo.
    Get a grip they just won the cup! Havent kids seen folk drink before?? In fact kids wouldnt really pay any attention to the drink they have in the players hands!

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    I was the wrong side today at the end. Got a picture of Lewis with the cup. Didn't upset me very much. In fact didn't upset me a bit. We have won the cup FFS

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    Leith links was a riot, hibees as far as the eye could see. The hill was hilarious I'm sure videos will surface later.
    Here you go

First Team Breakthrough
    Was a great day, I reckon the highlight was marching down leith walk and looking back to see a sea of green and white all the way up to leith street!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loads of overly bevvied folk in amongst young families. Sound "system" was useless and could only be heard if you were within 20m or so of the bus.

Oh and a wee thing for me. I HATE seeing sporting "role models" for young kids bevvying publicly. Cummings singing and dancing half pissed with a can of lager whilst young children watch just shouldn't be happening imo.
    So Cummings was half pissed on a can of lager. Get a life man. The atmosphere on the hill in the links was one of the most spontaneous acts i've seen and only Hibs supporters have the sense of humour to do it. Singing about Mallonga months after he left was class. My children were spellbound and couldn't quite believe what they were seeing. Leith Walk was also class, something we might never see again.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Here you go

Saves me waiting for the wife to upload hers

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Don't know if you're being smart or agreeing, I was fine with the view but I could see there were a lot of people behind the coaches who didn't see them on the bus and they were ushered off very quickly.

One brilliant bit was seeing Doolan coming off the bus and letting someone kiss the cup and him hugging a good few supporters, this guy really gets us.
    The bus was stopped at the links for ages. I followed it down, got myself right round the other side of the links, stayed a bit and left and the bus was still there. Plenty of time for anyone a bit further in to get round in front of where the bus was stopped.

I do actually agree that there wasn't really a clear indication of what was going to happen at the links or where the bus would go.

Didn't realise there was a sound system. Didn't hear it. Would have been better to have a set up down there with a proper PA and some speeches and stuff.

Maybe next year.

Absolutely outstanding, magnificent culmination to the day.

@hibs.net private member
    FFS some folk need to get a life. We've just had the best result of our history and folk find negatives. Maybe you guys should get a life or wrap your kids in cotton wool. WTF did you expect.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Henderson and McGinn performing "Super John McGinn"

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    The bus was stopped at the links for ages. I followed it down, got myself right round the other side of the links, stayed a bit and left and the bus was still there. Plenty of time for anyone a bit further in to get round in front of where the bus was stopped.

I do actually agree that there wasn't really a clear indication of what was going to happen at the links or where the bus would go.

Didn't realise there was a sound system. Didn't hear it. Would have been better to have a set up down there with a proper PA and some speeches and stuff.

Maybe next year.

We were told where the bus was going to stop so moved 20 odd yards to get a better view which was good but there was a lot of people on the wrong side of the coach who's view was obstructed but hey h it's up to them to get a better spot like everyone else.

The bus did stay there for ages and the atmosphere was superb, so many families, young and old.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatgabbo View Post
    Youve managed to post a negative comment about the club on a thread about an open top bus parade to celebrate hibs winning the scottish cup. Incredible.
    If the bus had gone 50 more metres several thousand people would have got a better view. But hey ho. The Scottish cup is in the bag!

😂😂😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I'm going to get them to take a flame thrower to all those trees and level that hill so I can get a better view from my sedan chair next year.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Regular

Get a grip.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsmum View Post
    Petrie and co have some questions to answer. We were in Duncan place opposite the families, bus got stopped down from us and stayed there players then went from open top bus to team coach leaving thousands disappointed and so angry. Petrie had the bloody cheek to wave as he went past on the coach.
    How something never kicked off I don't know. Told by police Scotland this was Hibs idea, the club seriously have to answer to the fans left seeing nothing.
    only question is after the last 24 hours, you post this. Why?

Would hate to see you unhappy.

I was up at the school end and was a fair distance away from the bus but honestly I could not care less. I saw the team on the bus with that beautiful trophy, everyone was having a great time dancing and singing.

Some people as expected had far too much to drink before it and were being twats but nothing could ruin this weekend.

Having the pleasure of taking my 3 yr old daughter down to see it and have her chanting hibees hibees (she's never even been to a game before) while on my shoulders is something that will live with me forever.

@hibs.net private member
    Makes me laugh that some folk get in such a raving fankle about Cup Parading celebrations - was the same when we won the LC in 2007 with some moaning faced disasters bumping their gums relentlessly about arrangements for parading the trophy at ER afterwards.

Get over it FFS - we've won the cup and it'll be there for a year - if anyone's all that bothered about clapping eyes on it I'm sure the opportunity will be there to see it close up when you have your photo taken with it (for a small consideration) in the months to come.

Surely both posts are a wind up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post
    only question is after the last 24 hours, you post this. Why?

Would hate to see you unhappy.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Thought it was great, personally. Hibs+Scottish Cup+tens of thousands of Hibees. Perfect.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I was in Queen Charlotte Street, corner of Johns Place. The crowds there weren't too bad. Could see the masses on the hill and round about in the Links itself. Thought I'd wait there get a few close up pics and then head up to the huge throng of Hibbies in the Links straight after.

Anyway. I got talking to this very nice Asian couple. They were really excited and couldn't wait for the bus to come round from Constitution Street. They kept saying "our son is on the bus you know. It'll be great to see him there". Thought maybe he'd won a competition to be on the bus with players or something like that.

How wrong I was. After a bit more chat, it transpired they were Amit Moudgil's mum and dad. So proud of their laddie and all he does as the fans rep on the Hibs board. I'll not divulge a couple of things they told me both current and from the past as I'm sure Amit would be well embarrassed.

It was a pleasure to meet them and just added to the overall delight this weekend has been. Today topped it off just nicely. GGTTH
    Last edited by hibby6270; 22-05-2016 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Thought it was great, personally. Hibs+Scottish Cup+tens of thousands of Hibees. Perfect.
    I thought the invasion of Leith Links by the Hibs fans was a disgrace. Have these people no shame?

Signed

Jim Traynor
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Promising Youngster Cabbage Lad's Avatar
    Saw the bus come from opposite the Playhouse with my family. Walked down to the links with my 1 year old and 4 year old in tow. Brilliant atmosphere. Not a hint of trouble. People going out of their way to interact with my kids who were rolling down the hill having a great time whilst I stood watching proud as punch. Ggtth we finally did it and it was magnificent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk