hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2. Log in to remove the advert

i read this, this morning. One sentence that sticks in my mind

“When you see how the third goal was scored, you start to ask yourself if it’s a lack of desire. Was he more willing to get there than one of us? And the sad thing is I’m not sure."

Testimonial Due FastEddieFelson's Avatar
    he's a good lad, big marv. good player, too. hope he's here next season.

I hope he is here next season too. He always gives 100%

Hope this is the motivation for the weekend though

Credit to him for being honest.

Then I scrolled down to the comments, Muppet's.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

“When you see how the third goal was scored, you start to ask yourself if it’s a lack of desire. Was he more willing to get there than one of us? And the sad thing is I’m not sure."

Guess footballers live in a different world from the fans. If anyone doesnt have the desire to give everything for the Hibs and Hibs supporters then best to go elsewhere.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    At least he admitted that the players have done too much talking without the action to match it this season.

Glad he's staying. He seems like the type who will be determined to improve and not make the same mistakes again

I like what he said about too much chatter to the media, hopefully he'll try and keep folk in check about what they say next season.

They have a chance to fix it on Saturday.

We'll soon see if it's paper talk.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    When players start suggesting there may have been more desire in the opposition, then it's perhaps time for a serious summer clear out, regardless of individual players ability.

Bartley apologised to the Hibs supporters for failing to secure a return to the Premiership. He admits the players have been guilty of being too outspoken in their media dealings and failing to back up their bold words with deeds.
    -------
    No self awareness there Marv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post

When you see how the third goal was scored, you start to ask yourself if it’s a lack of desire. Was he more willing to get there than one of us? And the sad thing is I’m not sure."

What a confession!! I hope it's not true. If it's true, you can start imagining all sorts of things, like, do some of the players not want promotion? Are they comfortable playing at the crappy level they've become used to? The mind boggles.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    At least he admitted that the players have done too much talking without the action to match it this season.
    Yes, in an interview with the media.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Bartley apologised to the Hibs supporters for failing to secure a return to the Premiership. He admits the players have been guilty of being too outspoken in their media dealings and failing to back up their bold words with deeds.
    -------
    No self awareness there Marv?

He does address that in the article - he has obviously had to speak and he has said that he really shouldn't be and all he can do is apologise.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Yes, in an interview with the media.
    He did mention that to be fair to him - Players have to do these interviews, but its what they say in them that he's talking about.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    He did mention that to be fair to him - Players have to do these interviews, but its what they say in them that he's talking about.
    Yep, for those who will comment not reading the actual article:

As a footballer, you have to speak to the press but we’ve done too much talking and not enough action. Even now, me talking about it, all I can do is apologise to the fans

Blog Entries
    The more I think about Bartley's comments, the more I begin to question the whole ethos of the club which is spiralling into oblivion by the season. Is there something rank rotten at the core of the club? You would think that our spectacular failure would level out at some point, but there's not the remotest sign of an upward turn.

Personally I would have told the media and the sponsors that we have a sickness bug at East mains and we are locking down the training centre for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    The more I think about Bartley's comments, the more I begin to question the whole ethos of the club which is spiralling into oblivion by the season. Is there something rank rotten at the core of the club? You would think that our spectacular failure would level out at some point, but there's not the remotest sign of an upward turn.
    Nah two cup finals havent happened? Wouldnt even one cup final be described as the remotest sign of an upward turn?

I must say this is one of the most open and honest interviews I have ever heard from a current player. Very refreshing to hear.

We are all still disappointed of course but we have one last chance which if the players take will immortalise them in Hibernian history.

I for one and now getting fired up again and am ready to take on The Rangers on Saturday. If we play to our capability we have proven time and time again over the past two seasons that we can beat them.

DREAM. BELIEVE. ACHIEVE.

#Togetherwearetronger 💚

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Nah two cup finals havent happened? Wouldnt even one cup final be described as the remotest sign of an upward turn?
    No, because we lost. We made finals under Fenlon too so upturn since what when ultimately we had zero to show for it whilst ross county have a shiny cup in their board room and rangers and hearts aren't having to motor it down to summerset park next season.

You sometimes wonder if their chat in the media is reflective of their own thoughts or what they say to each other. Or is it misquoted or made-up nonsense.

Darren McGregor's comments the other night - exactly what we wanted to hear, exactly what we needed to hear. That guy's got the right attitude.

Stubbs - "I'll make my mind up at the end of the season" from the leader, the man at the top.

I can't decide whether to be impressed with Bartley's honesty or horrified that what he's saying might be true.

It beggars belief that the Falkirk players would have more desire than ours but the evidence is plain to see in the latter stages of our last 3 games against them that they do.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    You sometimes wonder if their chat in the media is reflective of their own thoughts or what they say to each other. Or is it misquoted or made-up nonsense.

Darren McGregor's comments the other night - exactly what we wanted to hear, exactly what we needed to hear. That guy's got the right attitude.

Stubbs - "I'll make my mind up at the end of the season" from the leader, the man at the top.

I can't decide whether to be impressed with Bartley's honesty or horrified that what he's saying might be true.

It beggars belief that the Falkirk players would have more desire than ours but the evidence is plain to see in the latter stages of our last 3 games against them that they do.

Where on earth did he say that?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    I'm happy for you, if you if you get some sort of satisfaction or consolation from spasmodic titbits of success, which never seem to lead anywhere. Maybe I'm too hard to please, but, until we are back playing at the top level, I won't be satisfied.

Left by mutual consent!
    IMO when they've had something to prove they've had the desire in abundance.

Since the hearts game, they've thought the point had been proven and not been as keen.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not sure why anybody would be shocked by any of his comments. He's only telling us what we already know.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Where on earth did he say that?
    was all over the news on Friday afternoon - Stubbs said he would take a decision in the summer.

Utter honesty, articulated so well by a player who cares.
    So many references to his team mates in his well-chosen words.
    Thank you Marvin Bartley.

What a confession!! I hope it's not true. If it's true, you can start imagining all sorts of things, like, do some of the players not want promotion? Are they comfortable playing at the crappy level they've become used to? The mind boggles.
    No need to be comfortable as some know they'll not be at Hibs next season irrespective of of the league we're in. We have that exactly same problem for Saturday.

Left by mutual consent!
    Bartley was shocking on Friday but I can't argue his point.