hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wonder if linked to the terrorist attack dry run at the Trafford Centre last week. The police were criticised, wrongly I feel, because the 'mock' terrorist was a Muslim shouting Allah Akbar.
    Hopefully it was this.

What I hope it wasn't is a dummy run by real terrorists...and I don't mean the ones who get P.O'Neill to call in advance.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Wonder if linked to the terrorist attack dry run at the Trafford Centre last week. The police were criticised, wrongly I feel, because the 'mock' terrorist was a Muslim shouting Allah Akbar.
    I highly doubt it would be part of a staged terrorist attack when they've gone and cancelled the game.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    I highly doubt it would be part of a staged terrorist attack when they've gone and cancelled the game.
    Sorry I was not clear - did not mean it was staged by the Police but someone trying to get revenge as the Manchester Police at the Trafford Centre had a muslim play the role of the terrorist. So what I meant was someone was trying to get revenge for that by planting this dummy bomb.

Sorry I was not clear - did not mean it was staged by the Police but someone trying to get revenge as the Manchester Police at the Trafford Centre had a muslim play the role of the terrorist. So what I meant was someone was trying to get revenge for that by planting this dummy bomb.
    Ahh right I see.

Left by mutual consent!
    You would imagine that in this day of CCTV coverage that right now they're poring over the footage from every camera around the spot this device was found. One possibility is that it was just some total moron who thought it would be a scream to tape a phone to some pipes to instigate this mass disruption and obviously another if it's confirmed that it was a non viable device is that it was simply an exercise to see how long it would take for the device to be located.

Is the stadium more or less filled before the device is located which I think it was to a large extent then how long after that time did it take to locate it? As for culprits if it wasn't just some complete moron dissident republicans are highly unlikely especially so at Man U and at any stadium in general. The overall historical record of republican terrorism isn't one of mass murder in such a location just for the sake of it because that would gather no sympathy at all.

The Islamic brand on the other hand does have a history of mass murder for the sake of it with a body count as high as possible being a major objective. You wont ever hear of them sending any warnings and the chances are a stadium incident is just a matter of where and when.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFK-1 View Post
    You would imagine that in this day of CCTV coverage that right now they're poring over the footage from every camera around the spot this device was found. One possibility is that it was just some total moron who thought it would be a scream to tape a phone to some pipes to instigate this mass disruption and obviously another if it's confirmed that it was a non viable device is that it was simply an exercise to see how long it would take for the device to be located.

Is the stadium more or less filled before the device is located which I think it was to a large extent then how long after that time did it take to locate it? As for culprits if it wasn't just some complete moron dissident republicans are highly unlikely especially so at Man U and at any stadium in general. The overall historical record of republican terrorism isn't one of mass murder in such a location just for the sake of it because that would gather no sympathy at all.

The Islamic brand on the other hand does have a history of mass murder for the sake of it with a body count as high as possible being a major objective. You wont ever hear of them sending any warnings and the chances are a stadium incident is just a matter of where and when.
    Can't see it being Islamic terrorism, it's not their way, they would rather just carry out the attack instead of a hoax. It could be NIRA introducing themselves to main land UK, they've done a few low level things in NI but are now wanting to get over to England. I'm sure we'll find out in due course.

Was it just not announced the the threat level regards Irish terrorism has just been raised? Sure I heard that on the radio.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgie_harp View Post
    Pish!
    But that was my first thought as well after the recent media warnings, including a piece this very morning on the Andrew Marr Show. So maybe other posters are not as well informed as you are?

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Was it just not announced the the threat level regards Irish terrorism has just been raised? Sure I heard that on the radio.
    Yeah it's been raised but I honestly can't see them planting a bomb in a football stadium, especially Man Utds.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    And we play the Rangers next week. Worrying.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Yeah it's been raised but I honestly can't see them planting a bomb in a football stadium, especially Man Utds.
    Why not?

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Apparently it was left during the week after an exercise

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Why not?
    Going to guess that it has something to do with the large Irish support for man utd?

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    Apparently it was left during the week after an exercise
    Red face for someone. Better to be safe though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Going to guess that it has something to do with the large Irish support for man utd?
    It was more the point about not doing it in a stadium I was querying

Left by mutual consent!
    Who ever the private company is that left it there should be sacked from further training exercises, probably G4.

@hibs.net private member hibee1875's Avatar
    Anyone think this is just a cover story to reduce panic? Surely no one can be that stupid to leave a fake bomb lying about

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TamHibs PSN ID: tamhibs22
    I was there today (just home in fact) and regardless if it was a dummy test or a real threat, I hope to never ever be in that situation again. Incredibly scary.

In the stadium from 1.45pm, evacuated about 2.20pm, game called off around 2.30-2.45pm

Our supporters bus didn't turn up until 4.45pm......

Quote Originally Posted by hibee1875 View Post
    Anyone think this is just a cover story to reduce panic? Surely no one can be that stupid to leave a fake bomb lying about
    Nah someone was just that bloody stupid.

Testimonial Due
    Imagine being the guy who left it in the bogs, would you even bother to turn up for work tomorrow?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    How we laughed on Friday night when my mate marched unchallenged into the Falkirk Stadium with a holdall, after watching fellow fans being patted down by security at the turnstiles. In reality, it isn't really a laughing matter in an age of terrorist threat.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36297390

Police said the item had "accidentally" been left by a private company after a training exercise on Wednesday.

It is estimated this gesture will cost United around £3m.

Greater Manchester's Mayor and Police and Crime Commissioner Tony Lloyd called the situation "unacceptable" and wants an "urgent" inquiry to discover "how this happened, why it happened and who will be held accountable".

someone', somewhere, is going to be named as an incompetent grade A clown me thinks, and a lot of embarrassment for his employer

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post

Police said the item had "accidentally" been left by a private company after a training exercise on Wednesday.

Greater Manchester's Mayor and Police and Crime Commissioner Tony Lloyd called the situation "unacceptable" and wants an "urgent" inquiry to discover "how this happened, why it happened and who will be held accountable".

someone', somewhere, is going to be named as an incompetent grade A clown me thinks, and a lot of embarrassment for his employer
    Could also cost me my fantasy football league if Smalling or De Get get rested for the cup final...

@hibs.net private member
    Someone made a mistake and there are calls for an inquiry? What do they hope to find out in this inquiry?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee1875 View Post

You think?

Just a thought - how often over the years have games gone ahead at ER with a bomb-scare in the stadium?

Usually in the Hibernian goal .....
    Last edited by --------; 16-05-2016 at 08:13 AM.

Given the result of this error was to evacuate a stadium of 80,000 people (which in itself could have caused an issue if any panic had set in) , call in hundreds of Police and take them away from other policing duties and draft in the bomb squad from the British Army I think its natural that some form of inquiry will take place.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 16-05-2016 at 08:18 AM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post

If this is the case then it's Man Utd's own fault - if they rent out parts of the stadium during the week they should check that nothing's left behind afterward.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Someone made a mistake and there are calls for an inquiry? What do they hope to find out in this inquiry?
    I'd imagine 'why don't we count our fake bombs out, and then count them back in again?' will be pretty high on the list.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    They need someone to point a finger at