hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look there are no excuses regardless of being ready or whatever. Hibernian should have taken the title race to the wire and finished 2nd. I could accept a difficult game and the danger of Kilmarnock. To not even get to that stage for me is totally unacceptable and Stubbs is to blame.

Why we are in tbis league has nothing to do with Stubbs, he had the tools to get us out and totally failed. It is on him.
    100% agree

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    Look there are no excuses regardless of being ready or whatever. Hibernian should have taken the title race to the wire and finished 2nd. I could accept a difficult game and the danger of Kilmarnock. To not even get to that stage for me is totally unacceptable and Stubbs is to blame.

Why we are in tbis league has nothing to do with Stubbs, he had the tools to get us out and totally failed. It is on him.
    Correct.

I have no expectation that Stubbs will stay for another year. He'll be off to Bolton or similar I would expect. So we will need an experienced manager, not a novice.
    We are where we are and next season we will be the biggest club with the biggest budget in the Championship. There will be no Rangers or Hearts there, only a financially crippled Dundee United and probably a similarly traumatised Kilmarnock.

The league takes precedence over everything. I'd play development players in the League Cup tbh. We have the experience of this league and we need to get off to a flyer of a start otherwise it will be another stumbling campaign. Next season we have no excuses and it will fitting if we swap places with Falkirk in May 2017.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post
    Correct.

I have no expectation that Stubbs will stay for another year. He'll be off to Bolton or similar I would expect. So we will need an experienced manager, not a novice.
    We are where we are and next season we will be the biggest club with the biggest budget in the Championship. There will be no Rangers or Hearts there, only a financially crippled Dundee United and probably a similarly traumatised Kilmarnock.

The league takes precedence over everything. I'd play development players in the League Cup tbh. We have the experience of this league and we need to get off to a flyer of a start otherwise it will be another stumbling campaign. Next season we have no excuses and it will fitting if we swap places with Falkirk in May 2017.
    Has there been much talk coming out of Easter Road about budget Andy? I'm curious about this on a number of levels.