hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Season Tickets

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    I've renewed our 3 tickets, just can't see how giving up is good for the club.

Not seen anything from the SPL teams that we've played and beaten to make me think the standard of football in that league is a massive miss.

I'll still go along to the games with my family, meet and catch up with my mates and have a good day whatever league we are in. I don't go to see other teams, just to watch Hibs.

As the tickets are already paid for I'm not looking for or expecting a refund but a discount off next seasons SPL season tickets when we return as champions would be nice!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    £15 per ticket for all home league games next year. Refund ST's accordingly.

Anything more than that and the club are really taking the p*ss
    I think all games in Scotland should not be any more than 20 quid (exclusion of cup finals). 15 quid should be the standard pricing as it would encourage more people especially families with children to attend more regularly.

Hibs will be favourites next season and with a winning team more people will attend. I think attendances will improve next season as we will be the dominant force in the league next year. Personally like the vast majority of Hibbies on here I would follow the Hibs whatever league we were in.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Partial refund my erse,some of us support Hibs regardless of where they play.
    What he said...........and no I'm not a happy clapper.

Just a Hibs SUPPORTER..............................
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberts1875 View Post
    Season ticket already renewed, of course it is, I'm as gutted as everyone else, but when the dust has settled this is still my club and I love it regardless. Players and managers come and go, we the fans, the lifeblood are permanent. If you not renewed, man up, grow a set, quit whining and back the club
    Couldnt have put it better!!
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

@hibs.net private member
    I think everyone would agree on two things: (1) that season tickets are overpriced for the Championship; and (2) that everyone wants the maximum budget possible for the playing squad for next season.

It's, therefore, down to the owners and Board to consider how they keep supporters who have already renewed happy while trying to encourage others to buy season tickets before the start of the season. The owners and Board also have to take responsibility for the position the club is in.

A season ticket for this division should really cost around £300 for an adult. A poster had suggested a while back that part of the season ticket money received by the club could be donated to HSL. Could the club not come up with a scheme whereby the additional £80-100 charged by the club could be donated to HSL and used to help finance the supporters' investment in the club? That way, a season ticket would be more realistically and fairly priced; the club would not see any reduction in it's budget (as (nearly) all HSL money goes right back to the club anyway); there would be an incentive for supports to buy season tickets going forward; and the current owners would bear responsibility along with the supporters for the failure of the club to achieve promotion. For the past two years, it has been the supporters who have borne it alone by continuing to pay for overpriced season tickets. It really is an abuse of a tremendously loyal customer base.

waiting to see what happens with stubbs and backroom staff and squad leavers and additions before i decide.

Renewed a couple of weeks ago, would still renew now if I hadn't. Will support the team as difficult as it is at times.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    I think everyone would agree on two things: (1) that season tickets are overpriced for the Championship; and (2) that everyone wants the maximum budget possible for the playing squad for next season.

It's, therefore, down to the owners and Board to consider how they keep supporters who have already renewed happy while trying to encourage others to buy season tickets before the start of the season. The owners and Board also have to take responsibility for the position the club is in.

A season ticket for this division should really cost around £300 for an adult. A poster had suggested a while back that part of the season ticket money received by the club could be donated to HSL. Could the club not come up with a scheme whereby the additional £80-100 charged by the club could be donated to HSL and used to help finance the supporters' investment in the club? That way, a season ticket would be more realistically and fairly priced; the club would not see any reduction in it's budget (as (nearly) all HSL money goes right back to the club anyway); there would be an incentive for supports to buy season tickets going forward; and the current owners would bear responsibility along with the supporters for the failure of the club to achieve promotion. For the past two years, it has been the supporters who have borne it alone by continuing to pay for overpriced season tickets. It really is an abuse of a tremendously loyal customer base.
    I think this is a very sensible idea well thought out

Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    I've renewed our 3 tickets, just can't see how giving up is good for the club.

Not seen anything from the SPL teams that we've played and beaten to make me think the standard of football in that league is a massive miss.

I'll still go along to the games with my family, meet and catch up with my mates and have a good day whatever league we are in. I don't go to see other teams, just to watch Hibs.

As the tickets are already paid for I'm not looking for or expecting a refund but a discount off next seasons SPL season tickets when we return as champions would be nice!
    This is spot on... Scottish football is pretty rubbish in all divisions. If you are going to games in scotland every week, its for the pretty football.

I've renewed for next season and looking forward to the adventure again.

I see it as a membership and doing my part to help the club rather than prices per game.

Hibs won't offer a refund - like another poster on here after the Hamilton game I enquired about one in a polite manner and wasn't even acknowledged - the lack of acknowledgement pissed me off more really.

Anyway..Scottish football isn't great - the SPFL will be won by Rangers or Celtic once again with the rest making up the numbers and trying to qualify for Europe to then be knocked out in early rounds or fighting an ugly relegation battle.

Hibs will be promoted in next few years and I am looking forward to seeing it happen again.

After Saturday we can see where we are - oddly a cup final win will boost ticket sales - a loss won't see many sold.

The next challenge is to know who is leading the team next season as we can't afford another slow start !

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    I renewed weeks ago. Don't regret it in any way. Good chat, bit of humour not having to go to Tesco. What's not to like about it. For those bemoaning the lack of Cat A games take the positive out of it. We will not have to listen to the bigoted guff from Celtc and Sevco or have to hear that Hertz Hertz song or any of their inane big team nonsense. As for the rest I don't see a big difference between Dundee Utd, QOS, St Mirren or Falkirk/Kilmarnock and Dundee, Caley, Ross County or Hamilton

I've renewed as it's what I do. It's a way of life, it's an ethos/principle/religion - whatever you want to call it - to support the Hibs. Of course I would rather watch my team play in the top division but as they are MY team, I'd watch them on the local park and still be glad they chose me instead of the alternative(s). GGTTH.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    I renewed weeks ago. Don't regret it in any way. Good chat, bit of humour not having to go to Tesco. What's not to like about it. For those bemoaning the lack of Cat A games take the positive out of it. We will not have to listen to the bigoted guff from Celtc and Sevco or have to hear that Hertz Hertz song or any of their inane big team nonsense. As for the rest I don't see a big difference between Dundee Utd, QOS, St Mirren or Falkirk/Kilmarnock and Dundee, Caley, Ross County or Hamilton

I can appreciate the comments about the bigoted guff from the Ugly sisters but getting back to playing both of them on a regular 4 times a season, with 4 games against Hearts and Aberdeen in addition I would say is vital for the club, inparticular the home games and incomes those games generate. They are high profile games the games fans mark their dairies for.

In all honesty do you prefer the atmosphere at Hibs v Dumbarton/Alloa games or Celtic/Rangers games?

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    This will be my first year out off Aberdeen so I will be able to travel and get a season ticket, first time in 6 years. My family are also wanting to get season tickets too. So that would make 5 of us getting them. We went to every game from the age of 11 till 22. Have to say I'm buzzing for next year. Not so much about hibs but more the idea of going to the games with my nephews again. Them being old enough to enjoy a pint or two before the games. So I must be one of very few people excited about next season.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Renewed weeks ago, don't want money back or money off new tops or anything. I just want the job done this time.

I renewed ages ago-easy for me as an old codger-the price of the ticket is excellent value. To me you either support Hibs or you don't.If you support the club you go to the matches(unless physically or financially impossible)and that's the end of it.

As an aside some people who are complaining about lack of big games are the same people who were advocating(wrongly in my opinion)a bigger top league with less big games and more against the lesser teams-well be careful what you wish for

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    I can appreciate the comments about the bigoted guff from the Ugly sisters but getting back to playing both of them on a regular 4 times a season, with 4 games against Hearts and Aberdeen in addition I would say is vital for the club, inparticular the home games and incomes those games generate. They are high profile games the games fans mark their dairies for.

In all honesty do you prefer the atmosphere at Hibs v Dumbarton/Alloa games or Celtic/Rangers games?
    The quality of the atmosphere in the big games comes from the Hibs support and the team performance. If we are playing well in font of a big crowd the atmosphere improves. So yes I do prefer the big games if we are doing well as opposed to Dumbarton/Alloa/Morton playing 10 men behind the ball and kicking anything that moves. I understand the importance of attendances/finance and appreciate that we cannot look at things in isolation however setting that to one side I would not be unhappy if neither Celtc or the Rangers ever came to ER again. Their special kind of atmosphere doesn't do a lot for me. Yes they make more noise than Dumbarton but they are a grim species. The atmosphere during the early part of the second half against Falkirk was fantastic and not a bigot in sight.

The quality of the atmosphere in the big games comes from the Hibs support and the team performance. If we are playing well in font of a big crowd the atmosphere improves. So yes I do prefer the big games if we are doing well as opposed to Dumbarton/Alloa/Morton playing 10 men behind the ball and kicking anything that moves. I understand the importance of attendances/finance and appreciate that we cannot look at things in isolation however setting that to one side I would not be unhappy if neither Celtc or the Rangers ever came to ER again. Their special kind of atmosphere doesn't do a lot for me. Yes they make more noise than Dumbarton but they are a grim species. The atmosphere during the early part of the second half against Falkirk was fantastic and not a bigot in sight.
    Totally agree. It's almost worth playing in the Championship to not have our City invaded 4 times a year by the great unwashed.

Playing in a league without the games against Celtic, Rangers or Hearts is second best, I really don't get how anybody can argue otherwise. Those games are the ones that keep you awake all week beforehand as getting a result against them all means so much more. I'd rather savour the potential satisfaction of shutting their fans up by beating them on the park than taking any comfort in simply avoiding them all together.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I renewed much to my son's disgust.....We missed a load of games last season due to evening kick offs, I work nights and my son had a few evening kick offs for his football. Season ticket prices are a little expensive for where we are but I understand they have to pay more in wages to attract the right kind of player which so far hasn't quite got us to where wantediluvian to be. Could be another difficult season with United killie/Falkirk, dunfermline etc in the league too......

Left by mutual consent!
    Renewing 2 on Friday.